WE Airsoft is looking for ideas

Mike_West

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vektor CR-21

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vektor_CR-21

WE AK mags are fine, 2 versions one true stock and one slightly modern with rails, lots of AK parts could be reused thinking about the new steel trigger parts.

K&M M17S 

http://www.kmarms.com/M17S556.html

WE Gen 2 gas mags and CO2 mags with customguns orings are fine, WE would be able to reuse a *suitcase* ton of M4 parts and would also be able to for a giant cylinder for massive blowback (the SVD cylinder on FA would be nice) the only expensive part would be the alu lower, the rest of the gun would be cheap as **** to make for WE

G3, FAL and P90 are all but confirmed.

SR25/AR10 would be nice.

No info on the SR25/AR10 but rumor has it the SCAR H SSR version will be out in the near future.  As for whether the SSR stock is included, or like the VFC version with the standard stock, I haven't been able to source information yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone ask for a Carl Gustav yet?

Do you mean a Carl-Gustaf?

300px-Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle.jpg

Or a Carl-Gustaf?

Egyptian-Made-Port-A4185.jpg

Or maybe a Carl-Gustaf?

extrabilder135917_center.jpg

Perhaps you're refering to the Carl-Gustaf?

250px-Carl_XVI_Gustaf.jpg

And the list goes on...

The prefix Carl-Gustaf is everywhere in the Swedish army, for obvious reasons.

But a GBB or AEG Swedish-K would be interesting.

In any case, if WE is looking for ideas that will generate a profit of any magnitude we have to look at mass-market desirability. Something that a lot of people want, but is lacking, or very limited, in supply. The first thing that struck me, and that was mentioned by Erab, would be a WE/Marui system AMT HardBaller (alt. a 1911 long slide):

600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-3.jpg

It's relatively easy to manufacture. Most parts are already available in WE's product line, and few modifications to current machinery and CAD drawings are required in order to produce it. Also, there are only three (maybe four) HardBallers on the market currently:

- The Marui springer one (not really desireable)

- The Western Arms HardBaller (sold out everywhere)

- The Prime metal kit (also sold out)

- The LaZouche Custom HardBaller, which is a ordinary Marui plastic slide with an add-on extension (don't really count this since it is a custom job)

Hence a WE/Marui Hardballer would be an interesting new addition to the lineup. I don't even care if it has the WE bushing, as long as there is a long 1911 slide on it. A plus if they make a Terminator style scope/laser mount since it would fulfill many-a nerds dream.

And WE being WE it would come without trades. Or they could be a sport and release it via the HK3P brand and have full AMT trades on, plox?

Also I would love to see a Hyman S. Lehman 1911 (with correct .38 Super engraving on the barrel):
tumblr_mv79hgUszS1rwjpnyo1_1280.jpg

Sometimes, wrongfully, referred to as a John Dillinger 1911, although it was Baby face Nelson who used his the most. The thing with this creation is that it is a time-to-market issue. Mafioso Arms is already working on one, apparently, but given their record of manufacture and price it will cost a hefty sum. The pro's here would also be that most parts are readily available (especially if they are already working on their own Thompson M1928) and the alterations necessary are few.
The downside of this product would be the auto-only function and the low desirability. It doesn't really suit anybody's kit and there aren't any holsters for it. Although it is damn cool. And honestly, if Marui saw a market for their Hi-Capa eXtreme, then why not this? I would buy it.

They could go as far as to make a select-fire 1911, but that may be overkill:

Other than the above we got the usual, not in their lineup yet, but damn interesting. Although they would need a lot of new machinery in order to make these:
- A GBB G3 (be it a G3A3, or G3 SG1, as long as it's a G3).
- 9mm conversion for their AR's. UZI mag or other.
- A good quality, shell fed, 6-inch (preferablt 12 or 8g CO2) Colt Python chrome. The Walking Dead craze would be helpful in the promotion of this (and yes... for my racist sheriff impression too...):
007460x325.jpg

- Full size GBB UZI. A Swedish airsofter made a full size GBB UZI out of a KWC mini UZI and a RIF full-size wallhanger, so it can't be too difficult:

- A copy of the Tanaka M500 Casyopea:
m500.jpg

I want one, and I missed it while it was available. I regret it so. But the full-length metal kits are still available in select shops, just need the donor gun now. So it's illegal in Japan now. So what? It's still legal over here, and I see a huge market for it.

Archived