TAG Innovation GP30 shellless grenade launcher

Lancaster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where does the gas go? Sincé they are caseless, I thought the gas would be stored in the launcher, similar to the Marui M320. But he fired 7-8 grenades without relaoding, so I guess the propulsión system is in the grenade itself.

It has internal storage for 12gr CO2 cartridge - a tube on the right side under the sight. One Co2 capsule is enough for 8-10 consistent shots. Launcher itself is CNCed so it won't be cheap, though with current tremendous ruble devaluation it may be quite affordable overseas

There are pyro-propusion grenades called Strikeart VOG25S with dispensable cardboard shell but thery aren't as good as TAG Inn ones 

I really wish the tag grenades were easier/cheaper to get in the US. Cause that is really friggin cool.

Kinda makes me wonder if that opens up the possibility of having an m203 with a co2 capsule in its frame. But there probably isn't enough room.

It's good that UK is humid most of the time. There's a report of a fire caused by a TAGinn Reaper round in California: https://www.facebook.com/groups/airsofttechingqa/permalink/869526989797056/

Although the particularly dry weather in California did contribute to this.

Here's the original post by Jeremy Jawlmy Neal:

"I have a serious discussion topic here.
TAG Grenades
We had some people that are going to remain nameless due to the fact that they all apologized to us (field owners and staff) for their stupid mistake, accidently start a small fire by testing one of the TAG reaper pyrotechnic airsoft grenades into a dirt patch (after being told not to fire them period bcuz of the fire hazard) and it bounced into a hill covered in dry grass (just like everything else at the field) and set fire to the grass. The fire spread so fast that in the time it took the 4 guys to sprint about 30 feet to the impact zone from the firing position, the fire was far too large to be contained even by 4 people. I personally feel that these grenades are extremely dangerous and shouldn't be allowed at fields other than hardcore milsim events. There was another incident in which one of the reapers went off in a players hand and caused irreversible damage to his hand. The video of the damage to the players hand was worse than anything that should ever happen in airsoft. We also don't allow them because what if someone fires one in a high arc towards advancing members of the opposite team, and someone gets hit in the face? Nothing good would happen in that situation. Opinions?"

gallery_95111_2247_4753.jpg

The culprit (no, it's not the result of a circumcision accident)

gallery_95111_2247_2575.jpg

It has internal storage for 12gr CO2 cartridge - a tube on the right side under the sight. One Co2 capsule is enough for 8-10 consistent shots. Launcher itself is CNCed so it won't be cheap, though with current tremendous ruble devaluation it may be quite affordable overseas

There are pyro-propusion grenades called Strikeart VOG25S with dispensable cardboard shell but thery aren't as good as TAG Inn ones 

If you aim at the same spot, will all 8-10 shots hit the mark? If so, it might suggest they have a built-in regulator in the launcher to make the pressure consistent. But since most Airsoft / Paintball regulators are at least 10 cm long and won't fit in a GP-30 easily, that doesn't seem likely.

I'd like to see a diagram of the TAG 15 launcher. It'll be interesting see if you could modify an Airsoft GP-30 with Airsoft / Paintball pneumatic valves and fittings to work like it.

Here's a picture of the valve diagram of the Metadyne Havoc Launcher - it would be nice to have something similar in the manual of TAG 15 launcher.

gallery_95111_2248_24308.jpg

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=RUB&view=10Y

Looks like it's time to buy some russian scopes...

Opinions?

Tag rounds are no more or less dangerous than any other pyro when used in an appropriate fashion.

Blank firing grenades are incredibly commonplace here, and they range from extremely lightweight models, to practically chucking a brick about. Some of which use 12 gauge blanks, and yet, fires and injuries aren't that common because we have rules in place to govern their use.

Agreed with Scorch.

I've seen people cause themselves some pretty nasty injuries with handheld pyro, fires started from smokes. I know someone who came within inches of a BFG to the face.

Provided correct safety precautions are taken they are OK. In fact we're to give an additional TAG safety brief if they're to be in the field at my site. It probably helps its quite an expensive system too as it means people won't want to get prevented from using them and choosing when to use them is also a considerable factor.

Might take to keeping a small fire extinguisher in my kit though (which as a marshall can't really be a bad thing).

We had some people [...] accidently [...] set fire to the grass. The fire spread so fast that in the time it took the 4 guys to sprint about 30 feet to the impact zone from the firing position, the fire was far too large to be contained even by 4 people. [...] There was another incident in which one of the reapers went off in a players hand and caused irreversible damage to his hand.

The former is irrelevant to most scenarios - as far as I'm aware, you're not even allowed BFGs in the CONUS, let alone fireworks or other pyrotechnics, because of the risk of fire. If an unstubbed cigarette butt can cause the same level of damage, it's really the environment, not the TAG, that one needs to be cautious of. The grenade exploding in the player's hand is more problematic; I'd be interested to hear how that occurred.

Tag rounds are no more or less dangerous than any other pyro when used in an appropriate fashion.

Agreed. Actually, I would rather be hit with a TAG round than a Dynatex or something bowled overarm - being hit with a quarter of a kilogram of steel travelling 50mph is rather less appealing than being hit by 35g of polyurethane foam, even if it does blow up in my face.

1.  it's really the environment, not the TAG, that one needs to be cautious of. 

2. Agreed. Actually, I would rather be hit with a TAG round than a Dynatex or something bowled overarm - being hit with a quarter of a kilogram of steel travelling 50mph is rather less appealing than being hit by 35g of polyurethane foam, even if it does blow up in my face.

1. Exactly. If you're playing somewhere that's practically all dry grass and dry leaf litter, then a hot burning pyro would not be appropriate to use. We have had days where we have banned the use of pyro on certain parts of the site due to dry leaf litter.

2. While an overarm would be a horrific deployment of a BFG, even an underarm can go horribly wrong if a staircase is involved.

I've tried to feel how it hurts with white impact explosive TAG rounds couple of days ago. you can check a small video on my instagram lancasterairsoftrussia. Direct shot from 12 meters. It hurts and leaves a livid spot, but nothing serious

Yeah I did the same thing, I think PureSilver was there, had a marshall shoot all types of rounds at me from similar distance, the yellow explosive, the white impact explosive, the blue powder and the white dummy round, I remember the white dummy round being the most painful. I think as long as minimum engagement distance (like sniper rifle) is set, these are perfectly safe, I just wish the insurance companies weren't so squeamish. 

Anyway back on topic, these launchers are great if you don't mind it looking slightly "wrong", the loading process seems very convenient, possible to do quickly even on the field. 

1. Exactly. If you're playing somewhere that's practically all dry grass and dry leaf litter, then a hot burning pyro would not be appropriate to use. We have had days where we have banned the use of pyro on certain parts of the site due to dry leaf litter.

Even cold-burning smoke is not perfectly safe to use in extreme dry weather. The MilsimWest's "Battle for the Caucasus" held at Guernsey, WY this past weekend had a fire accident caused by a cold-burning smoke.  A 10 KM^2 area was scorched. The weather report showed it was 100+ deg F and 10% humidity then.

The USFS Wildland Fire Assessment System showed fire danger was high in WY during that weekend (see picture below). With hindsight, I guess the event organizer should have checked the website beforehand.

fd_class.png

Well, pyro bans in extreme hot and dry conditions are just common sense. As for the potentially injurious nature of TAG launchers, in my mind it is site and game dependant. Closer range sites or ones with very dense vegetation are problematic because you just don't know if someone is actually only two meters in front of you, waiting to pop out of cover (same applies with 500fps bolt actions weapons). Less well organised games are also problematic because you can't control how people behave as much. Avoid these two issues and I don't see a problem with them, they're very light coming down and even if you were to take a direct hit from a few meters stand off I doubt they would be hugely injurious. Honestly, people being morons with heavy BFGs are far more of a concern since they have hospitalised people.

One other thing, now that a TAG GP-30 is a reality that means that a TAG RG-6 is a possibility!

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rus/rg-6-e.html

Archived