Tokyo Marui - new ZET system

bladerunner168

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm... I'm going to be in Japan for like the next 10 weeks, I wonder if I can bring one back through customs.  

I do actually like that they didn't just go with what's already in the market just so we can get more variety. If that actually equals performance is still all speculation but crossing my fingers. 

Here's to hoping it holds green gas. With their obscenely complicated M870 I was a bit disappointed.

+1 to that: works with green and still clocks in at sub 350 fps please. Loved the m870 when I played with someone elses but not enough to buy one and have the hassle of getting the thing to run in a UK winter on weak gas.

Wow, just saw this, it's all speculation at the moment but all those extra moving parts which are probable made from zinc alloy are going to die on green gas. One of the best things for me about marui products in the past, was the simplicity of there design. This meant upgrading, fixing and maintaining was relatively easy.

This is going to have to be a real performer to nock GHK from there perch, but it's obviously designed for a different market.

Yeap, no HPA for us here... got a guy tested on .20 just onder 350( the limit ) and started using .40 in a breacher for CQB... Can you imagine the chaos?

Isn't that more of an argument against setting site limits in fps with a low weight round rather than in joules though? Imo it would be more sensible for sites to chrono with a heavier round and have the limit in joules, particually with gas guns where energy creep is higher.

EDIT : Also that's not a problem exclusive to HPA, you can get the same effect with a regular GBBr using a naps and heavier rounds than it's been chronoed with, or any gas gun that's just below limits with .20s for that matter.

Just don't get HPA - major cost hike after you've bought a high end AEG, even more kit to carry around and zero recoil?

I use the same rig for the 870, my Polarstar SCAR-H and my two Daytonas. In a single sentence I have justified the expense (as if I needed to in an airsoft board) and the recoil.

But yeah, not really interested in the argument. I use all types of airsoft guns, so whoever wants to stay in a single corner, be my guest. My experience is round.

Blobface, for the gun you just need the CQB Russian HPA adapter. Unscrew the loading valve, screw the adapter in. Done.

As extra, you need the HPA bottle and the line. I use a Redline Firebase with a single QD for the gun. Regular ones have two QDs for reg and gun side. I'd go with one.

And not to derail this completely, I like the ZET system, but I cannot but wonder if the bodies are made of cheese, like the Recoil Shock ones...

I have to say I agree with emp3ror86 - I'm a bit concerned that this is engineering around using low-quality metals, instead of upgrading the parts strength. That said, I don't care at all what the gun looks like inside so long as it runs well - and there's certainly room for improvement in the market in that area.

This system looks stupidity over complicated just like the m870.

The M870 is not 'stupidly over-complicated' - it has to be that complex internally to be able to do the things that it does, like feed three (or six - selectable at the flick of a switch no less) BBs into three separate hop-ups and barrels from a single feed source. The M870 needs to be complicated; the M4A1 MWS doesn't, necessarily.

Blobface, for the gun you just need the CQB Russian HPA adapter. Unscrew the loading valve, screw the adapter in. Done.

The CQB Russian adapters are widely considered fragile and low flow - less of a problem for a single-action gun (like a shotgun) than an automatic GBB, admittedly, but still not exactly ringing praise. I would definitely recommend tapping for a more conventional and possibly self-sealing fitting.

Archived