E&L Glock 17 gbb

Cire_

So E&L who makes superb AK (imo) looks like they want to expand their airsoft business and have made a GBB now.  (Maybe gbb AK next?) Seems to be using TM parts? Not sure.. 

Put on english subs... 

Gunfire retails it at 79 euro making it very cheap. 

lol this thing.

It's been out for some time and I have one of them; so lemme give you guys a first impressions.

The Glock slide is roughly finished (think parkerized but the slide's aluminium) and the frame scream cheapo as it's not even nylon reinforced plastic.  Mag is heavy.  The backstraps don't have the proper "Glock" logo despite having it on the frame.  Comes with an extra rear sight if you like the 3 dot iron sights rather than the U shape on the rear.  The U shaped rear sight isn't coloured in.

That's ALL the bad stuff above.  The good stuff?

It's cheap, the setup has superb gas efficiency, the slide has proper dovetail cuts, it doesn't have dimension issues vs the VFC Gen4, has proper dual recoil spring setup just like the real one, comes with the OEM extended mag catch vs the WE Gen4 frames with the really flat one, and the case that it comes with is pretty damn nice.  Again, assessing everything given the price (I paid 485 HKD retail or something at WGC for it).

Only thing proprietary to the E&L Glock as far as I can tell is the BBU as it has to secure itself to the proper dovetail cut of the slide, as far as I can tell.  Another issue (a few months back at least when I got the gun) was the lack of spare mags.  I remedied this with getting the WE plastic mags and now I've got an efficient GBB Glock Gen4 that is extremely light.  Oh did I mention the gun is cheap? :D

For a proper Gen4 Glock, and disregarding the rough finish and the somewhat *suitcasey* plastic used for the frame, this G17 Gen4 is probably the closest clone to a proper Gen4 G17 out in the airsoft market today.

Oh and speaking of the *suitcasey* plastic (sorry, I'm just typing this as I'm dictating it in my head so there's really no structure to this "review") think of it as you get what you pay for BUT the functionality of the gun itself makes it a good purchase IMO.  The Gen4 dust cover however is a thinner than Gen3 frames and the plastic flexes a bit when I mount my ALG T1 mount onto it.  Had the frame been nylon or whatever reinforced I doubt the flex would be as significant.  

The good thing about the frame flexing with the ALG mount attached is that the slide wobble is reduced given everything at the front is tighter.  The bad thing is...well, if you gently release the slide and try to ease it to battery with a paintbrush it won't go to battery.  But normal operation is fine and honestly it's not bad enough for me to have legitimate issues with it.

So, for a "new product" it's the only "proper" looking Gen4 G17 out in the market, which makes it not just "another" Glock.

Also E&L is actually Meister (credits to DarkLite).  Remember their *suitcasey* Glocks back in the day?  Seems like they figured their name is forever linked to sub-par products so when they found a new factory (I'm assuming) to make their new stuff they decided to change their brand.

You can get a decent working glock from Europe for £60 delivered. And from a company that's been making GBBs for longer. They'd have been so much better off doing s new gun and nailing it

Since E&L have literally never done GBBs until now, what makes you sure something completely original out of them will even work? 

Oh and speaking of the *suitcasey* plastic

I once held a real gen 3 Glock 19 and a gen 4 WE G17 side by side. The WE had nicer looking plastic.

Since E&L have literally never done GBBs until now, what makes you sure something completely original out of them will even work?

I'm not saying that it would have automatically been great if they chose to do something different, but as a newcomer, to add the same model as 7 other brands, seems like a rather poorly thought out entry plan.

Doesn't seem it to me I have to say.  People want M4 AEGs and people want Glock GBB pistols, that's the market and as we know, the actual market is a very different place to what people say on forums.  As an airsoft business, entering in to said market with a product people are going to buy in quantity, seems like a very sensible move .

Bah I can't comment re: real glock frame quality since I can't get access to any real steel firearms :(  Thanks for the info though!

I'd probably echo what RC said.  Comparing my Stark Gen4 G17 to all the Gen 4 Glock 17s in my armoury, it's a close race.  It's all very conceptual and based on personal interpretations of things, no real 'yard stick', but the Glock plastic isn't amazing or anything.  The pistols come back from a couple of months in the desert and in my case they're (mostly, with a few exceptions) only carried around by people going from their accommodation to an office or something similar and back via the mess each day, they're not seeing combat or hard usage; still manage to look pretty worn in a lot of cases.

Seeing as how their AK kits are very well finished and their upcoming WA based M4 GBBR has forged-cnc'd receivers, steel barrels and internals, this glock is kind of a let down

I'd gladly pay double or more for one built with better materials. Like some people said before I hope they come out with a more premium model

I was expecting something similar to Stark Arms G17 steel version. 

In my country, E&L have very high reputation for their AK conversion kit.

Seeing as how their AK kits are very well finished and their upcoming WA based M4 GBBR has forged-cnc'd receivers, steel barrels and internals, this glock is kind of a let down

I'd gladly pay double or more for one built with better materials. Like some people said before I hope they come out with a more premium model

My thoughts exactly. The market is already absolutely saturated with cheap GLOCKs (WE & KJW), plastic GLOCKs (TM, KSC), metal GLOCKs (KSC/KWA, SA). What is missing - and what is congruent with E&L's highly-regarded 'premium' AKs - is high end GLOCKs, especially steel ones. The Guarder-kitted TMs don't work very well because of a lack of support for CO2-capable components. The SA 'Premium' GLOCKs have lovely fit and finish, but the interior components are still pot metal and the guns are rumoured to have reliability issues.

It would have been nice for E&L to release a line of GLOCKs with high-quality components throughout. It would be nice to be able to buy a gun with a steel slide, steel outer barrel, and steel internal parts (and CO2 magazines) that actually worked reliably out of the box. People would pay the premium for a good steel handgun the same way they pay a premium for a good steel assault rifle. I would happily pay triple or quadruple what they're asking here for a super-realistic and reliable GLOCK with good aftermarket support.

Archived