Desert Tech bullpup sniper rifle (spring)

mimesis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

silverback made a pp19 bizon which was well regarded as being a quality replica that was built solidly with good materials. stuff like this fits their idea of bringing unique replicas to the market and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a very decent spring rifle.

Based on price and being a HK company (iirc) this should be made solidly, with good materials. Should be a great base rifle for airsoft snipers who want to use a bullpup SWS as long as its well designed and uses a standard system. Either way though, you could always get custom parts from EdGI.

Too bad sniper rifles are nearly useless in actual gameplay unless you really want to use a boltie.

Too bad sniper rifles are nearly useless in actual gameplay unless you really want to use a boltie.

Looks like you never played with a good 3j sniper.

Our skirmish limit and mostly elsewhere too is the 170ms @ 0.2g / 3J / 300%

Maximum range of these beasts is up to 120m and in skirmish conditions I can drop ppl from around 80m fairly well while they can't reach me yet.

Personally I get bigger headcount with a boltie then with an AEG.

You won't win against face2face "duels" but instead have to change your entire playstyle to picking off those who aren't focused on you by staying out of their range.

I'd be interested in seeing how the hopup and Internals work on these. My L96 could use a sibling.

Looks like you never played with a good 3j sniper.

Our skirmish limit and mostly elsewhere too is the 170ms @ 0.2g / 3J / 300%

Maximum range of these beasts is up to 120m and in skirmish conditions I can drop ppl from around 80m fairly well while they can't reach me yet.

Personally I get bigger headcount with a boltie then with an AEG.

You won't win against face2face "duels" but instead have to change your entire playstyle to picking off those who aren't focused on you by staying out of their range.

I'd be interested in seeing how the hopup and Internals work on these. My L96 could use a sibling.

I apologize if I've offended you, but this is the way I see it: you are a less effective player. I can hit targets at 80+ meters with bursts of fire from my AK and I still have the standard MED for close and midrange fire fights.

Of course, if you find it fun, all the power to you, I find making sure your game is fun far more important than being effective, I'm not going to bother you about your choice unless we start talking about it.

Have fun, I played with bolties a lot before. I think about going back every day.

I apologize if I've offended you, but this is the way I see it: you are a less effective player. I can hit targets at 80+ meters with bursts of fire from my AK and I still have the standard MED for close and midrange fire fights.

Of course, if you find it fun, all the power to you, I find making sure your game is fun far more important than being effective, I'm not going to bother you about your choice unless we start talking about it.

Have fun, I played with bolties a lot before. I think about going back every day.

In not offended, sharing my experience and how I see things.

I find it hard to believe someone can score hits from 80 meters with "regular" assault rifle. Or you guys have no limits for fps.

Ok, regardless, let's leave out "measurements" and numeric ranges.

The concept of a "maxed out" boltie is to outrange regular full auto based guns by nearly double. Recent tech improvements have been more beneficial to full auto weapons than maxed out bolties, however, they still have noticeable longer range from where you can score hits.

I won't even try to say I'm good player, I rely more on my perfected gun than my own skill to be honest.

I also rely on the fact that most airsofters think "I can't hit him that far so he can't hit me" and focus on other targets instead. Thing is, I can hit em but yes, they can't reach me.

More skilled and mobile sniper can actively search these targets and in the same, stay out of their range.

If used right, the player can be the most effective and important asset you have.

But like I said, the playstyle is totally different and most I see make the mistake of going "head to head" with full auto guns using a boltie.

That's when they become the less effective players.

Environment plays a big role too.

Nowdays my choice for snipers are semi-auto DMRs cause you can go head to head with full autos in faster games, they still outrange regular full auto guns and are more suited to environments we mostly play in.

For larger games, boltie all the way, sawed off in my back, 1911 on my hip.

Really tempted by one of these. Only thing that is putting me off untill I see a review is the two way adjustable hop unit. Would like to see if they have cracked that or not before putting money into one. Would deffo go for the short one tho.

I find it hard to believe someone can score hits from 80 meters with "regular" assault rifle. Or you guys have no limits for fps.

Your mostly right, we are working with an fps limit that is an order of magnitude higher. My AK is sitting at 360fps with .25g bbs. At out door games, my MED is 25 feet and I get to keep FA. I use .30g to .36g bbs to get that range with a flat hop. It's probably got more of an arc and is a bit slower to target than your SWS, but it does the job. Which is why I have to shoot a volly of 5 to 10 rounds to hit at that range.

Judging by the picture, the bolt handle would apply a sideway leverage on the cylinder, pushing it against the inner wall of the receiver, probably PITA to cock (push?).

Cylinder volume is also a concern, looks too much for 16" while fall short at 22" and 26".

Personally I would love a 16" @ around 1.3-1.5J (max 2j here in HK, most games I go at 1.5) with wide bore inner barrel to compensate the excess cylinder volume, big *albatross* silencer to cover the noise.

it would, but with the design, its relatively unavoidable. though, if the snow wolf M99 is of any resemblance, the sideways torque doesn't do much to wear the cylinder or receiver.

if you know what your doing though, you could pull up on the bolt handle as you are pulling it back to cancel out the torque from just pulling it straight back.

BTW, it looks like it may have a similar system to the spring version ares M200. judging on where the magazine is relative to the picture of the bolt pulled back.

doesn't look too much like a pita to cycle....

420 fps according to the chrono. M120'ish spring.

Spring rifles are usually limited to 560'ish fps (171m/s @ 0.2g) and going lower than that is just gimping the whole concept.

First video to show me this thing at sniper-level fps determines if I'l buy it or not.

What's worth noting is that at around 1:28 - 1:56 he said something along the line of "with what we're used to in spring rifles, pulling it back is usually slower and takes a lot of force, but the reverse design makes it easier to cycle" 

8:23 he shows off a prototype silencer from SilverBack, which neither colour nor marking are correct yet. 

8:59 It uses AEG hop up and inner barrel. 

Archived