Desert Tech bullpup sniper rifle (spring)

mimesis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original thread this was being discussed in had this vid linked in it which shows the internal workings. Still thinking I wish they hadn't of complicated things with the two hop adjustment screws but meh will have to see what the reviews make of it.

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean around 2:25 in the video, then no. He was talking about adjustable cheek rest 

thanks, I was already having doubts simpley because of the design of the rifle. But you have confirmed it.

oh well, I can do right as as a lefty.

If you look on the 3D presentation vid that I posted you can see what looks like access holes to the hop grub screws on both sides just in front of the bolt. You can see them on photos on web stores as well. I'm hoping that's what they are, they are defo in the right place and at the right angles.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if they over volume'd the cylinder?

The same volume for 480, 590 and 650mm inner barrel seems weird.

It does open up opportunities to mod the cylinder to match one's specific inner barrel and thus optimising range and accuracy, right?

I feel the need for a 22" with silencer in OD.

Hope it's worth it.

I'm wondering if they over volume'd the cylinder?

The same volume for 480, 590 and 650mm inner barrel seems weird.

commercially, not really after all, you can switch lengths.

Furthermore it would only jack up the price if they had to equip each length with a unique cylinder volume wise.

Besides there is an advantage to having an over volume cylinder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping my local shop can pick one up for me - they've already ordered one for some one else - worked out if I ordered from HK and Customs applied the correct amount of duty and VAT then it'd actually be slightly cheaper here (for once).  Not sure what the chances of him getting one for me are though - he gets the impression it will be a limited build run.

Don't want to double post so I've uploaded one photo here.. Initial impression is very positive, it's a little rear heavy, which can be quickly solved with accessories. After few tries the dissembly / assembly process is very quick and robust. Also applying the grease that it comes with is recommended as it helps the cycling effort drastically. It's firing at 400 on 0.20 at the moment, can't speak for its accuracy or range as my flat's max range is 10 meters. External quality is really good, especially surprised by the plastic quality, it's quite thick and does not squeak at all, the magwell is also very tight, I intend to sand it a bit to allow for the magazine to drop free (or at least easy to remove when you want to). 

Got a Deep Fire 150M/S aeg spring, cut down to the same length as the SRS's stock spring, now firing at 485 fps with 0.20 (from 410), however realistically it feels too hard to cycle to keep it this way for games.. 

*edit: cycled it a few dozen times and kept it locked back for a short while, might be psychological but it feels like it's loosening up, fps still the same

Archived