Cybergun licensing Glocks (MLE only?)

NonEx

Popped up on mah Facebuukh just now...

God help us all  :o

https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/3ojhid/glock_makes_licensing_agreement_with_cybergun/

http://www.actusnews.com/documents_communiques/ACTUS-0-41671-CYBERGUN_MILITARY_DEPART_VDEF.pdf

Google Translate of above PDF: 

Bondoufle, October 12, 2015

Launch of military markets department
and signing of a new military license GLOCK
CYBERGUN, a world leader in recreational shooting, is pleased to announce the creation and launch of
its military procurement department at the Milipol show to be held in PARIS
from 17 to 20 November.
After over a year of work on the topic, the group decided to enjoy one of the greatest
lounges global military markets and to the security forces to formalize the
launch of this new segment of its activity hosted in its subsidiary that will become B4S
in the coming days "SPARTAN MILITARY DEPARTMENT IMPORT".
Hugo BRUGIERE, Vice President of the group, reserve officer in the Army
French and pilot project for the group: "This department is one of the best secrets
CYBERGUN kept from these past months. We spent a lot of time to define,
link with our contacts in the military, the police and the gendarmerie specific needs that
we could meet with our replicas. Today the project is successful and completed with
the first contracts already signed. It was also necessary to give a second life to our subsidiary B4S
who carried our project SOFTAIR Battlezone, frozen on arrival. So now
done! "
The department of military markets will aim to provide for forces
armies, police, gendarmerie or private security forces, as the average softair
drive.
Several government agencies and various forces are already now customers
group with a strong growth potential in this segment. Furthermore, the market offers a
substantial security for the CYBERGUN Group since states and agencies
bring public attention to the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
The Christian commander, who set up the drive means to the Ministry of the Interior
French in the De La Protection Service (formerly SPHP1
) Responsible for the protection of high
personalities and the President of the Republic, says: "We needed us
result in conditions as close as possible to reality as being in contact
sensitive personalities, the excellence of the drive must always be sought. Use
ball weapon replicas allows realism in training strength to strength
égalons we do with any other system. This also allows for target practice with
scenarios that we have created on shooting simulators using video projections. "
On the occasion of MILIPOL, SPARTAN MILITARY DEPARTMENT IMPORT will present 2 new
specially designed for the military market: the SIG SAUER SP2022 TRAIN and MOSSBERG
TRAIN 590. These replicas will also be available shortly after the general public.

1 High Personalities Protection Service
WITTNER Denis, Director of R & D CYBERGUN Group, says: "Working on
TRAIN SP2022 development was a challenge for the teams and for the CYBERGUN
development teams of our group partners. We finally developed
a reinforced product into a training version for professional use. "
In addition to this revelation, the CYBERGUN Group has signed with the manufacturer
Austrian weapons GLOCK a license agreement to develop replicas for
training for military procurement and training of forces. The group CYBERGUN
will present at the MILIPOL the first two replicas from this
Collaboration: The GLOCK 17 and GLOCK 19.
BRUGIERE Hugo, who negotiated with the GLOCK group, said: "This is a work of several
months which allowed us to obtain, through an order of the French Government,
the authorization of that very large weapons manufacturer who never wanted to date
give licenses. Their trust honors us as much as it forces us. The standards
quality, respect the spirit of the house GLCOK and the need to produce with partners
confidence have guided our work. Versions delivered to French Ministry of Interior
will be produced and partially assembled in Germany. "
A portion of the funds raised during the capital increase to be launched tomorrow
(see previous press releases) will be used to finance a particular part of the development
the military market. For the record, the record date for receiving DPS is set free
this evening at the close of trading.
Cybergun to receive free financial information by email
by registering at: www.cybergun.com
About Cybergun: www.cybergun.com
Cybergun is a world leader in recreational shooting, qualified as "Innovative Business" by Bpifrance. During his year
ended March 31, 2014, the company achieved a turnover of 68 million USD (51 million). The securities are eligible Cybergun
the FCIC, PEA and PEA-SMEs.
Action Cybergun: FR0004031839 - ALCYB
Cybergun Duty: FR0010945725 - CYBO
Contacts:
NEWS finance & Communication
Investor Relations: Jerome Fabreguettes-Leib at +33 1 53 67 36 78
Press Relations: Nicolas Bouchez at +33 1 53 67 36 74
CAPITAL ASSET
Listing Sponsor: Rodolphe Ossola at +33 1 56 69 61 86
Discover the world of Cybergun products:
www.facebook.com/cybergun
www.youtube.com/user/MrCybergun
Disclaimer
This statement may contain estimated financial data, information on future projects and transactions,
future economic performance. These forward-looking statements are provided for estimation purposes. They are subject to
market risks and uncertainties and can vary substantially from the actual results that will be
published after audit by the statutory accounts of the Group.

• Antoine Iglesias French here. GLOCK is indeed being licenced to Cybergun but only for the LE & Military training market. The press release specifically mention that the SIG SP2022 TRAIN and MOSSBERG 590 TRAIN will be offered to the general public soon after their release for the LE & Military training market, but doesn't allude to anything of that nature for the GLOCKs so I'm guessing it's not happening anytime soon.

As for the above FB comment, kind of makes sense. Considering how much Glock has fought replicas and airsoft versions of their products, for them to stretch to MLE only contract is not unlikely. Of course the Asian market will get a hold of these no matter what, I guess they already have if it is indeed Stark Glocks it's about. Maybe just a way for Cybergun to squeeze out some money from the unlicensed SA Glocks already in production. Who knows :P

If VFC/Stark Arms is the OEM, good for external looks and all. But as for being usable and lasting, not so much.

And then, it's Cybergun... $250 USD licensed Stark Glock 19s which used to be $110 USD :P

EDIT: Come to think about it, it doesn't really say anything conclusive if the MLE contract is for licensed airsoft replicas or something else...  Hmmm.

Also the referenced event, MILIPOL, is happening November 17th to November 20th of 2015. So more will be known after that I guess.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proviso: this is a horrible outcome that will almost certainly end very badly for airsofters.

I can't imagine that CyberGun would try and sell Stark Arms GLOCKs to LE/MIL for training. The guns just aren't built to anything like the strength needed for training; airsofters know that their GBBPs are made of s***y MIM pot metal and don't throw their guns around or expect them to survive harsh conditions or anything. If CyberGun have finally wrestled a licensing agreement out of GLOCK, I find it very hard to believe they'd risk the success of that on Stark Arms models when the LE/MIL departments themselves have a basically bottomless budget for such things.

I mean, it is CyberGun. But I'm still interested to see what these end up being.

The hung about the new sig sp222 has been a blank no details thumbnail on their page for about 18 months. I posted a thread on it ages ago and was told basically nothing by cyber gun when.i contacted them.

God.i hope the new sig comes to marker as I need to replace my old nbb one. I am hoping that we end up.with realistic trademarks and a reliable system if thy are being sold as training weapons also.

Am I the only one hoping this bites them back in the *albatross*? Either returns from broken guns just pile up because Cybergun themselves don't really carry spares leaving them with cancelled future orders or the grossly inflated replicas don't live up to Glock's standards, calling the deal off and leaving them in the mud.

there is a very good chance that this will be just a stark arms rebranded glock. or is it a rebrand of a rebrand?

There are many forces in this universe that pull all people towards the same direction, seeing cybergun fail is one of those forces at work.

Just imagine how much they paid to have that license. Anything Glock is expensive.

I've piled up lots of contacts over the years in various investing groups and recently have been poking into Cybergun.

A "still functional" company that's lost so much of its value is a cash-magnet for dumb investors looking a lottery-win scale profits.

Making profit from just holding licences or IPs seems like easy money for most... No expenses right?

Wrong. Cybergun is already living on borrowed time... Or to be exact, borrowed money.

I have no official numbers but even if all they bought and services they used were at optimal price, they still don't have enough of their own money to purchase those IPs and services. Selling shares isn't exactly an option eighter.

Thus they run it on loaner money. Most likely pay off some with new loans.

Their income is being eaten by paying off loans and I'm sure they have to pay percentage or annual fees to various brand-names too.

Legal battles for counterfeit products are long and expensive so they need the loaner cash.

It does give them impressive amount of cash to spend, such as an expensive Glock license in hopes of making a big income.

Not many companies are able to rise from that circle of doom. Least a company not being able to protect the only income they have.

However, they can postpone the "inevitable" for quite some time and pay decent wages to certain individuals while they delegate the impending boo-boo to someone else.

Archived