Cybergun licensing Glocks (MLE only?)

NonEx

I've used (and also been on the receiving end of) Simunitions and UTMs marking rounds. Simunitions are unreliable, expensive, and inaccurate. UTM are decently reliable, far less expensive than Sims (between the rounds and gun parts), and reasonably accurate. If an agency needed a FOF training tool I'd suggest UTM over SIMs and Airsoft any day. But I know a few agencies who've bought and used Airsoft as they're concerned about cost and/or have to train in locations where marking rounds (like city hall, schools etc) can't be used. Airsoft can be a good tool for supplemental training, the user(s) just need to understand the limitations of it as a tool. I just don't think Airsoft will be able to survive most depts' use of it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are bringing a model of handgun that is really popular in RS and handles beautifully back so I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy one.

They are going to be the only company producing a sig sp2022 so my options are either not have the gun I want and pray someone else makes one that you can get parts for or buy the cg one.

The problem with waiting is if th cg one doesn't sell there's obviously no market for the sig pro so no one else will make one.

They are going to be the only company producing a sig sp2022 so my options are either not have the gun I want and pray someone else makes one that you can get parts for or buy the cg one.

You forgot option C: get the OEM which is by KWC. That way you don't give your hard earned to Cybergun. They produce nothing, just rebrand things and chrono them with .12g bbs.

1619307_110918164814_Picture_068.jpg

We don't know the new one will be a KWC though do we....? that's the problem, I had 2 of the nbb co2 ones and they were lovely but eventually they just die and it's cheaper to get a new one... also cheaper to buy one new than to get a spare mag over here because SMK suck donkey ##### from a individual customer point of view.

Yes KSC do do one but 1. It's rare as rocking horse droppings 2. Mags are just as rare 3. The original one was and last but not least the series 7 one is about 80$ more than any other series 7 handgun.

Oh and if that wasn't bad enough, Cybergun rebrand the KSC 2022 and it's in the catalogue and orderable new BUT it's not marketed to the UK/Not availible for order to the UK and CG who I have spoken too, won't deal with me and send me to the UK distributor who can't order the pistol because it's not offered to the UK.

• 1 month later...

So it just came to my mind that the MILPOL event that these would be unveiled at had taken place. So I Googled for some info and found this...

Get ready to *suitcase* some bricks guys...

It is the Stark Arms / VFC Glocks...

With some extra fugly markings.

More pics in this gallery: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1096617480349881.1073741858.215979548413683

Question is, is it the normal ALU version or steel version? Can't really tell from the pics right now as I don't have PS on this computer. Not that it really matters that much. I would assume steel+CO2 version but who knows. And really, at this point, who cares. They are already out and about in the wild without the fugly Spartan / Cybergun markings...  :no:

So much fail.

11040638_1097115880300041_20466449245631

AHAHAH!

The comments section is entertaining as per usual on Cyberguns FB page; 

cyber_glocks_fail.png

Could these guys be any bigger wankers? :o

Aaah right!

I also remembered that the SDA/VFC Glocks have been appearing this month at Asia shops under new name, Storm Arms/Storm Airsoft or whatever. In new packaging and with a slightly lower price too. Stark trying to dump their stock and step away from their unlicensed Glock production?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/storm-airsoft-arsenal-p-9381.html

Funnily enough the box for the new ones have an actual Glock logo on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Proviso: this is a horrible outcome that will almost certainly end very badly for airsofters.

I can't imagine that CyberGun would try and sell Stark Arms GLOCKs to LE/MIL for training. The guns just aren't built to anything like the strength needed for training; airsofters know that their GBBPs are made of s***y MIM pot metal and don't throw their guns around or expect them to survive harsh conditions or anything. If CyberGun have finally wrestled a licensing agreement out of GLOCK, I find it very hard to believe they'd risk the success of that on Stark Arms models when the LE/MIL departments themselves have a basically bottomless budget for such things.

I mean, it is CyberGun. But I'm still interested to see what these end up being.

Agreed on the first point.
Best case scenario: The LE/MIL Training side will fail miserably because of low quality products, lack or service, etc. Then Glock will pull the plug, and everything goes back to "normal".  
Worst case: The LE/MIL thing fails, for the aforementioned reasons, Glock wigs out and redoubles their efforts to squash airsoft versions of their gun(s). In addition CG will stick to their regular MO, suing and bulling everyone and their mom (which they will do regardless of how well this goes), making it even more difficult to get airsoft Glocks. 

You highly underestimate the foolishness of Cybergun's management.  They will not listen to anyone who ACTUALLY knows anything about firearms, training, or even airsoft.  
There's one (pretty high ranking) douche canoe over there that THINKS he knows EVERYTHING because he used to be an armorer for a French Police Department. He's the same idiot who's responsible for the "dueler" and some other stupid products coming down the pipe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought some of you might like to know that Cybergun had their new Glock at SHOT show booth for people to try out in their shooting range. 
All FOUR that they brought broke on DAY ONE.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  
They're off to a great start.  

Archived