Full steel Kimber SIS w/ rail:

http://www.creation-airsoft.com/product_info.php?id=285

As conversion kit for the KJWorks KP-07:

http://www.creation-airsoft.com/product_info.php?id=286

Without rail:

http://www.creation-airsoft.com/product_info.php?id=284

Kit without rail:

http://www.creation-airsoft.com/product_info.php?id=287

Nice addition to the choices of full steel 1911's !

Ps. Hurray, my first news item on Arnies ^^

How much are we talking?

This much :( : http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/creation-full-steel-kimber-sis-gas-blow-back-p-11567.html?cPath=58

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/creation-full-steel-kimber-sis-rail-gas-blow-back-p-11564.html?cPath=58

Wonder if they do actually work and are not paper weights like steel Raptors AG were selling.

You can still get Inokatsu 1911s sub 1k and any issues they might have can be fixed easily so why spend 1.7k more?

There's a market for sub 1000e frame & slide kits, not so much for these.

Still very happy with my Inokatsu.

Well i'll be honest here, I dont care what 1911 version it replicates, as long as it has a rail, sights that can be replaced with tritiumsights and functions darn well. Loud report and intimidation factor are a bonus. Don't care about the esthetics. Just a functional reliable combat pistol really. Preferably steel and wooden grips. Hell, it can even be a revolver! Just something that compliments a nice aged AK or battle rifle.

I've been complaining to blobface for ages that someone needs to contact a 1911 shop in the US (where such things are routinely CNC'd from steel billets in their hundreds) and get a quote for, say, 500 steel 1911s. With an Indiegogo campaign to fund it, I reckon we could easily get the price down to ~$500 per gun, which is a quarter of what a comparable pistol costs from FPR or ProG4, and we could have them with the things that the 1911 should have, like on-frame rails and a Merlin-style high-blowback BBU. Anyone got any contacts in the firearms industry they want to share?

Sorry friends, but FRP? What's FRP? Never heard of 'em.
They sound like a very high end custom gun builder?

FPR - Fast, Precise, Reliable. It's funny because the guns they make (they OEM'd my 'Inokatsu' P226) are neither fast, precise, nor reliable - in fact in general they're totally s***. If you want a modern steel 1911, RWA's NightHawk GRP is by far the best on the market.

I dare say the best option would be simple frame + slide kit.

Use what ever suits your needs as the base.

Easier to do railed and non-railed versions too.

Personally I dislike the rail. I doubt I'd ever put anything on it.

Also the A1 color tone and overall Old school looks had me hooked from the second I picked up that gun.

Adjustable sights I can understand, personally I don't mind my fixed ones. Simple, fast, easy-to-use and spot on.

Also there is one HUGE issue. Magazines. Kjw gen2 co2 magazine is pure awasum and gen1 models can be updated to gen2 valves.

How many of you knew that? I'm fairly sure more of you knew kjw mags are leaky.

I doubt green/red gas would work on a steel gun. I tried hi-flow'ed mags on red, stocks on green. Sad at best. Swapped in my green-gas tuned parts from a different 1911 I had back then.

Stock Ino is Co2 tuned and with GG was even more pitiful stock.

Merlin might help, but I doubt it saves the day.

I dare say the best option would be simple frame + slide kit. Use what ever suits your needs as the base. Easier to do railed and non-railed versions too. [...] Also there is one HUGE issue. Magazines. Kjw gen2 co2 magazine is pure awasum and gen1 models can be updated to gen2 valves.

I think ideally it would take as many real 1911 components as possible, so depending on budget you could use DPMS or Wilson Combat bits, or anything in between. The only parts that would definitely need to be made would be slide, frame and outer barrel; make both railed and unrailed frames, share the slide and outer barrel between them, done. Make it TM-compatible for the hop-up unit/inner barrel and use KJW CO2 magazines and it should be good to go. I think there's enough of a market to sell 250 full-steel 1911s at $500, but I've been wrong before.

Don't know anything about the Creation kit but the FPR guns are full of steel!
I have 4 FPR guns ALL needed TONNES of work to make them work! And still a stock Marui can outperform them easily!

IMHO steel kits are for collection, they DO look incredible and the cold steel feel in the hand is amazing but this doesn't justify the crazy price tag!
Real steel Kimbers worth less! Well that's my opinion but I think the last 2-3 years there were quite a few steel guns available and I think the prices should be lower but no prices keep going up!
Personally I don't think I'll buy another steel gun (unless I find a steel gold SFA V12!) they just don't worth the price tag and you simply loose to many other great kit/guns in the process of saving money to get that!

Anyway that's me ..

Wolf

I think people would be biting your hand off at a full steel 1911 with RS compatible parts for $500.

I think it's eminently doable. 250 pistols at ~$550 is nearly $140k; given that anyone can buy an 80% complete forged 4140 steel/416R stainless steel frame for $170, it's got to be possible to bring that down to $150/frame if you're buying 250 of them. Stick another $75 into a slide and outer barrel (should be readily achievable if making 250 examples) and another $150 into assorted other parts and you've still got a sizeable percentage of the asking price - $175 - to spend on machining, fitting and finishing. (And they do railed, chequered and non-chequered.)

It should be possible to sell a complete model (a typical 1911 in a few different finishes) and a 'stripped' model if someone wants to go wild with the Wilson Combat catalogue and build something heavily customised.

Maybe someone should give this a go...

Archived