TM M4A1 MWS GBBR Up for Preorder!

aznriptide859

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a browse around on some other similar M4 GBBR rifles and they are between 2.1KG up to 3.6KG so yah it seems a bit heavy compared to most others. But according to WIKI a real M4 with plastic forend is 3.4 KG with loaded magazine so :o

EDIT: Not sure what ref model though, as World Guns state 3KGs with full magazine. I dunnoz. 

^^ New proprietary TM gas system, "ZET System". And FPS will be sub 328 FPS / 1 Joule as per Japan regulations, on 134a gas. (I assume)

I just think it looks overly complicated and not very RS friendly in some aspects. But I know ya'll love TM so I won't talk more about that :P

Think I'll stick to buying a GHK at that pricerange.

As usual with TM parts are gonna be out of stock in no time and spare will be at least a year. And gas over hfc134a and the gun will kill it self. And upgrading the internals to more than 1J and you will have paid the price of 3 guns.

GHK for me

TM just not worth the trouble

I have a GHK m4 (owned 3 my lifetime along with LM4). All in all, a terrific system i have owned thus far. Bolt still fails though, like my last half a dozen GBBRs. Accuracy can leave a bit more to be desired. ROF is not bad, but not always consistent. I will be picking up the TM for new horizons

A little Cerakote goes a long way. In terms of product consumption it's not too expensive. Cerakote is typically expensive because most applicators charge quite a bit to do it right and time and labor. If Marui is doing this in volume (which obviously they are) they'll have a dedicated part of the production line to get it all done consistently and relatively inexpensively.

I'm going to wait to see what the initial buyers have to say about this gun.

IIRC, it was estimated $500 USD - Assuming the market price is ok.

I'm not complaining because CDN vs USD is like 1.33+ lol.

Curious on how these pan out, someone buy one nao and do a full review pl0x.

Just spent $250 CAD on 3 co2 mags from RWA, lol wtf.

A little Cerakote goes a long way. In terms of product consumption it's not too expensive. Cerakote is typically expensive because most applicators charge quite a bit to do it right and time and labor. If Marui is doing this in volume (which obviously they are) they'll have a dedicated part of the production line to get it all done consistently and relatively inexpensively.

Yup, totally agree. The savings from economy of scale gained by processing thousands of units on a production line system will be very, very substantial. 

IIRC, it was estimated $500 USD - Assuming the market price is ok.

I'm not complaining because CDN vs USD is like 1.33+ lol.

Curious on how these pan out, someone buy one nao and do a full review pl0x.

Just spent $250 CAD on 3 co2 mags from RWA, lol wtf.

Isn't that *suitcase* just cheaper to buy in the US then ship to Canada lol?

Isn't that *suitcase* just cheaper to buy in the US then ship to Canada lol?

I though so at first, depends what you order. If it's small it is ok. The only downside with American retailers is most of them will not reduce the invoice, so you are guaranteed to pay tax and duty.. as small as over $100, you can pay $24-28 just in duty and taxes. (UPS) - DHL is just as bad, $500 phone, $80 taxes and duty.

Usually most american retailers are appealing, because they have 20-30% off codes, just need to factor in if it's "cheaper" with taxes and duty factored in. RWA had 10% off for Halloween. ($195 USD *1.33 rate = $259.xx CAD)

===

I just had a horrible experience with Evike, even though within the last 1.5 years I've spend 2g's + with them.  Their customer service is horrid.

Negative review on them coming up on Arnies/Reddit/AirsoftCanada soon when I got the time.

TL:DR Deferred me, ignored my requests, didn't want to offer a refund - Dispute->Claim with PP refunded me cash within the day (Today). 

OT: 

TM looks promising, mags are cheap, $43 is WE territory, since GHK mags are 58/60 respectively.

Internals look great - I can see how it reduces a lot of wear when bolt locking with their "ZET" system - I do imagine that part where it protrudes up to lock, will break at some point.  This is not "realistic" as the WE/GHK system, obviously, but performance driven I suspect.

I'm assuming a big internal upgrade from someone..  - but I also don't want to drop a fortune like I did on my TM M&P9, lol!

My few questions are:

1) Will it accept RS grips/Rails/etc

2) Will propane bust it, if so how fast.

3) How does it run in the cold, I know GHK mags run amazing.

Hoping someone can do a nice review in due time.

far too vested in the WA system (being 1 GHK, 3 Viper's, 1 IA 416, 3 Inokatsu, 1 VFC MK18 MOD1 -- which will run GHK mags no mods) But would like to see if they have something as good as KJW... my GHK has been pretty good so far, except when it chop BB's... which can happen in a game, and the carrier gets jammed up.

far too vested in the WA system (being 1 GHK, 3 Viper's, 1 IA 416, 3 Inokatsu, 1 VFC MK18 MOD1 -- which will run GHK mags no mods) But would like to see if they have something as good as KJW... my GHK has been pretty good so far, except when it chop BB's... which can happen in a game, and the carrier gets jammed up.

Chopping bb's?

Check your nozzle o-ring might be swollen, or your bucking need replacement. 

----

Asides from that, I've never been disappointed with a TM product, all of them eventually become a nice workhorse, which I love working on my GBBRS.

Edit:

Was told the first gen VFCS had cracks around where the buffer tube threads onto the lower,. so hopefully we won't have issues with green gas on tm's first gen :)

Archived