S.R.U SMG Glock Kit

Safeword

Not sure if this is news but I just saw it and felt like I needed to share it.

Seems like S.R.U is making Glock conversion kit to make a bullpup SMG, looks interesting and I cant wait to see more of this, they have said that they are making this kit for the standard size and compact version Glock. 

Release is christmas they said in a couple of comments so lets just wait and see. 

More info on their facebook >HER< 

12243380_920262941397429_103204422853715

12239551_920262961397427_591605009034544

12243596_920262971397426_831987949416493

Balance will still be wrecked though. especially with a long mag.

I know it goes against the whole thing of being a bullpup for the sake of it, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Glock lower with normal trigger placement with that P90 style front grip and folding stock.  Perhaps a shortened magwell for compactness.

I saw the SCAR-L conversion yesterday posted without any context (and the res was too low to read the manufacturer) so I assumed it was a RS product and suggested it might work on an airsoft SCAR GBBr.  Slightly odd at first appearances but very innovative.  Couldn't really be applied to ARs (apart from the KAC PDW/LR300 etc) but I get the feeling we might see more of these for other rifles that can function with their stocks removed.

The glock thing looks like an FPG-P90 cross to me.

I like it, but I think that it would have been better for a muzzle block with a thread attached to the frame. With the glock's tilting barrel lock up, any substanstial muzzle break or suppressor will cause cycling problems.

Are there non tilting barrels for Glocks like the ones made for 1911/Hi-Capas? Would be nice with a meaty can up front.

Nope.  The chamber is the same height as the top of the frame so I don't think you can make a non-tilting barrel without the Glock looking super weird.

As far as I understand the 1911 ones came about due to people designing non-tilt barrels for hicapas for IPSC use and just transferring the design over for 1911 barrels.

• 5 months later...

looks like some of the kits are out on Ehobby.

3D printed indeed. You cannot do that around here for that kind of money.

I am reluctant to purchase a kit.

1. I no longer have glocks

2. I do not own a WE scar + I am a lefty (open bolt in my ear, though I could get round that)

3. will it hold?

Archived