KWA AK74M ERG

thatguy404

That's a great update!

For those who can't watch the video, what they introduced in the last two years was that it will now be able to take standard AK mags (which won't activate the cut-off), where proprietary mags would give that function. That's an excellent update. 

Release date: This quarter, apparently. 

That's a great update!

For those who can't watch the video, what they introduced in the last two years was that it will now be able to take standard AK mags (which won't activate the cut-off), where proprietary mags would give that function. That's an excellent update. 

Release date: This quarter, apparently. 

Really?

Any updates on their Masada ERG/MKM in that video?

Well, know what I'm saving up for!

• 3 months later...

Jtac in the UK have them. Asking 330 gbp.

Ahhhh you beat me to it! But yeah John can be contacted on: Email ( info@jtac-custom.co.uk ) is best or message on the JTac Custom Facebook page

He's setting his UK price at £330 for the rifle with one mag. Extra mags are £40 for a box of 3. Shipping is £12.95. Get your name down for next batch!

It's here in Canada already! $415 + 13% sales tax for my province, and I think free shipping.

Saw the demo video, looked pretty weak compared to the RM4; didn't check out any other videos.. not really interested unless it's a 104/105/74U though :\

Plus already build my ghk so XD

Yeah definitely not full steel (or any steel, maybe the folding stock release button..), it'll costs me a lot to fit this into an LCT body (if it's even possible, only one way to find out) Probably possible to make the recoil weight heavier by rear wiring it extending the weight to use up the space of the gas tube. 

Well, depends. If it's a close copy of the marui, I don't remember anyone making metal bodies specific to the Marui recoil. So that must mean existing bodies on the market may work.

Anyone have much experience with marui recoil aks?

Well, depends. If it's a close copy of the marui, I don't remember anyone making metal bodies specific to the Marui recoil. So that must mean existing bodies on the market may work.

Anyone have much experience with marui recoil aks?

Yeah I've owned three Maruis now.

I love them, even if they don't have bolt stop. The aluminum body is light yet strong enough, is a nice change of pace after lugging my LCT around all day.

The recoil on them is really fun, but I really love them because the bolt makes them sound fantastic. Just suchhhhhh a better noise than normal AEGs.

The KWA is weird TM-style aluminum body. Lack of a moving bolt is a deal breaker for me, because the bolt is just such an integral/exposed/big part of the AK platform.

What broke the deal for me with the TM's were the lack of cutoff system, this KWA's pretty revolutionary in that it's an AK that has both felt recoil and stop on empty system with bolt racking for reactivation, the fact that the bolt doesn't move doesn't mother me too much. 

The lack of steel does bother me, and I'm pretty sure TM AKs are not at all compatible with normal AK AEG bodies, where as I'm more optimistic with the KWA ERG, especially the fact that it will be able to take normal AEG AK mags (unlike the TM) without any mod, you'll lose the stop on empty function, but it'd still shoot. 

Archived