Keltec KSG Shotgun by Madbull Airsoft

BioRage

How often do you really need to empty a shell of 10 shots in seconds? If I needed that kind of rof I'd just be using an AEG anyway.

Every time I use a shotgun, actually. i dont need my arms to get sore while im just trying to defend a doorway or when I run into an enemy group. If I cant fire quickly while going in and out of cover, because the action is just too hard to manipulate, then why would I want to use that gun.

Anyway. In my mind wanting it to be a tri-shot springer is kind of like hoping for a stale fruitcake for Christmas. I'd rather it be something exciting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I officially feel that any new shell ejecting shotgun is doing it wrong if it doesn't just adapt the APS rounds.... it's easier to build with no inner barrel, way more realistic, better functionality with more ammo per shot, and weirdly, cheaper shells... but being Madbull there's of course no chance, even if it's shell ejecting it'd be their own gold ones. A TM 870 style gas pump is also very unlikely, so my guess is, springer / Madbull shell ejecting.. personally routing for springer as it means I'll actually use it in games.. 

Springers aren't bad if it's the TM system. Mind, there's also the single shot CA870 and whatever the hell KTW uses on their two-shot system. THOSE would be more like stale fruitcakes.

If it did use the TM system though I'd at least expect it to hold 2 shells/magazines at the same time to realistically double the capacity as otherwise it would just be a CYMA 870 in a fancy shell.

I'd love for a gas system not cloned from marui, I'd love shells not cloned from marui.

I have had bad experiences with marui shotgun stuff, tm and clone.

Not impressed

I do want to know how this is going to be. I am not fan of mag fed systems.

I much prefer aps, being a lefty I turn the gun a lil sideways so the shell goes to the floor. I use shell catchers no matter how "ugly" it is.

you know, there is another shotgun system that a lot of us forget exists. The WG shotgun system. http://www.evike.com/products/33386/

I doesnt use shells, it uses a spring chamber holding 30 rounds. And its functionally the same as many other nbb pistols, like the PMR-30 that socom gear marketed. (Was it them who marketed that?

Im honestly not sure if the system itself was any good as I never did try one myself.

you know, there is another shotgun system that a lot of us forget exists. The WG shotgun system. http://www.evike.com/products/33386/

I doesnt use shells, it uses a spring chamber holding 30 rounds. And its functionally the same as many other nbb pistols, like the PMR-30 that socom gear marketed. (Was it them who marketed that?

Im honestly not sure if the system itself was any good as I never did try one myself.

I've heard that they are actually stupid fun to use because of how simple they are. Though not a true shotgun because of a single barrel.

They were discontinued for a bit and were actually selling for above retail on the used market.

The problem with those is they need to pass chrono should only a single bb gets loaded. With my Serbu it isn't an issue, but on a full length barrel that usually means a whole lot of Joules.

The design I'm working on has a feature that prevents it chambering if underloaded and, honestly, it's the most fiddly part of the design.

What?

Sorry that was auto correct misery combined with speech to text and me not checking because I was half asleep. Translation follows:

The PMR30 makes me laugh because madbull could only manage 15 round magazines in an air soft clone of a gun which has 30 round magazines as it's only real claim to fame other than using a cartridge which replicates 5.7 balistics at a cheaper price.

It does replicate the real one well in that the one iv handled jams constantly though so much realism so wow.

The design I'm working on has a feature that prevents it chambering if underloaded and, honestly, it's the most fiddly part of the design.

Similar to the airsoft innovation shotgun where the power varies if it's underloaded or simply if there isn't X amount of bb's it won't fire?

The sg9000 had problems practically speaking because there was a single bb setting people could use at a higher power so in terms of usability on sites that would worry me.

Well personally i hope this will be using the madbull ss6 shells.i run a long barrled as well as a sawn off mad max as well a tanaka m870 off them. Ive got 60 of the shells and if this turned out to be compatable i would be a happy bunny indeed. With guarder black gas and a long barrle the madbull ss6 can spit .2s thurther than a springer tri shot with a very satisfying noise too. Apart from replacing the odd o ring every now and again they are pretty much indistructable. Saying that i'll probably be picking one of these up regardless of the internals cause it just looks badass.

I've heard that they are actually stupid fun to use because of how simple they are. Though not a true shotgun because of a single barrel.

They were discontinued for a bit and were actually selling for above retail on the used market.

Not a true shotgun because of a single barrel? I'm not sure what you're getting at, lots of multi-BB airsoft shotguns use a single barrel. Those SG9000s can be set to tri-shot mode and are extremely entertaining firing bursts of three as quickly as you can pull the trigger. No shells, no magazine, and the huge CO2 tank is good for 1000+ shots so all you have to do is fill it up with a speedloader when it runs out.

It may not be the most realistic airsoft shotgun on the market but since they typically sell for about the same as a springer tri-shot around here they're well worth the price. I'd love to see the same system put into a pump-action or a more realistic gun, it was simple and it worked.

Archived