Krytac LVOA up for Pre-order

TheFull9

No idea if anyone's interested in this other than me, but personally I'm pretty excited.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/krytac-trident-lvoa-c-warsport-foliage-green-pre-order-p5018

I'm after the FG version myself since that's the version I've seen around and it's not an ideal setup for indoor, but LWA are also listing it in Grey which definitely looks cool.

The Krytac guns have always interested me immensely since release, they seem to actually offer a level of internal quality that should be the standard in 2015 when you're paying for a mid/high range AEG.  The (rather weird IMHO) fictional looks put me off their standard range personally, but they mentioned working with War Sport on this release a long while back so I've been holding out for this release for a long time.

The trigger, trigger guard, selectors, bolt release, mag catch, stock and pistol grip are incorrect to the version War Sport currently advertise, but quite a bit of that can be corrected with the right parts (if you're a pedant like me ofc).

Bring on the whiny hipsters for 'another M4' release thread.

krytac-trident-lvoa-c-wolf-grey-pre-orde

Sorry for the excess white area, that's the image LWA have on their site.

The rail is a detractor for me as well on the functionality side of things, but for a rifle with the Krytac internals and a realistic looking shell, I'm willing to compromise.  I'm fine with the looks, just wish it was KeyMod or M-LOK so direct attach accessories could be used instead of the proprietary rail sections like it was 2012.

Personally however I'm only ever gonna stick on a light and a remote switch, to the 12 o/clock rail will do just fine.

Well, sadly my ICS Garand has had to be returned to Pro Airsoft Supplies due to a refusal to retain magazines.  But, every cloud; turned out much as I love the looks of the M1 I hated the feel of the wrist stock and I'll get a refund for just slightly more than the cost of pre-ordering the LVOA. 

:concert:

Went for the FG version as planned, believe they're due to arrive around February next year so looking forward to seeing if Krytac lives up to all the hype.

On similar release news, not too long ago G&P showed off an all-Salient AR.  As with this LVOA, the plastic pistol grip and stock are funky looking things that only exist in airsoft, but the actual receivers don't say G&P or anything like that and AFAIK the rail (and super crazy blast deflector) included also do actually exist in the firearms world.  Winds of change after the past couple of years of bugger-all realistic looking AR AEGs being available?  Probably not completely, the culture's changed too much now, but maybe a tad.

• 3 weeks later...

I have built a WE Version for little less than that price and its GBB. Had it for well over 3 years now..so these guys a behind

'Version' i.e. not the same thing.  If you just wanted a general aesthetic approximation using unlicensed parts, that's fine, do as you please, no issue.  Fact is however that putting one of those 'wirecutter' forearms on an M4 doesn't make it a War Sport replica.  In terms of small details the Krytac goes a lot further, on top of looking 'right' straight out of the box (pretty damn close anyway).  If you're not fussed about the licensing or some other small stuff that's absolutely fine, but they are not "behind"; AFAIK they are in fact the first manufacturer to make a good complete replica and treat War Sports' heard earned/built brand and reputation in a proper manner.

How being an AEG somehow means a product should be cheaper I have no idea (if that's what you're saying?).  There's tons of super expensive AEGs out there along with plenty of cheap AF GBB ARs and they're all aimed at completely different markets.  If the GBB is what you personally wanted that's fine, but the AEG is still the more practical RIF overall in the majority of circumstances and there's massively more demand for them in the market place, so which would you make if you were a business?  To my mind, combining the Krytac internals with some decent, realistic externals makes for a great all round package and I'll bet you a hefty sum that plenty of other people vote the same way with their wallets when this hits stores.

You're more than welcome to not buy one if your 3 year old gun does what you personally want, doesn't mean other people shouldn't want something more in terms of a ready-made option though.

'Version' i.e. not the same thing. If you just wanted a general aesthetic approximation using unlicensed parts, that's fine, do as you please, no issue. Fact is however that putting one of those 'wirecutter' forearms on an M4 doesn't make it a War Sport replica. In terms of small details the Krytac goes a lot further, on top of looking 'right' straight out of the box (pretty damn close anyway). If you're not fussed about the licensing or some other small stuff that's absolutely fine, but they are not "behind"; AFAIK they are in fact the first manufacturer to make a good complete replica and treat War Sports' heard earned/built brand and reputation in a proper manner.

How being an AEG somehow means a product should be cheaper I have no idea (if that's what you're saying?). There's tons of super expensive AEGs out there along with plenty of cheap AF GBB ARs and they're all aimed at completely different markets. If the GBB is what you personally wanted that's fine, but the AEG is still the more practical RIF overall in the majority of circumstances and there's massively more demand for them in the market place, so which would you make if you were a business? To my mind, combining the Krytac internals with some decent, realistic externals makes for a great all round package and I'll bet you a hefty sum that plenty of other people vote the same way with their wallets when this hits stores.

You're more than welcome to not buy one if your 3 year old gun does what you personally want, doesn't mean other people shouldn't want something more in terms of a ready-made option though.

From the images in the link on the site in the first post.

I can see absolutely nothing different in the receiver other than the markings which if you have a blank set you can do yourself.

It's an ar with a rail

From the images in the link on the site in the first post.

I can see absolutely nothing different in the receiver other than the markings which if you have a blank set you can do yourself.

It's an ar with a rail

I'm not going to spoon feed you the details, if you're not interested in them that's fine, but they're there.  Again, entirely missing the point of the ready-made package; if it's not your thing that's cool, but maybe don't come in to the thread specifically talking about it if that's the case eh?

Your last statement is certainly a fact.. no doubt there..

How can you say that this gun is better than say for example a TM branded gun?

Remember its a normal AEG..no blow back, no bolt lock..so besides a name the gun is nothing special?

'TM branded gun' meaning what?  Actual TM AEGs or anything TM compatible?  If you're referring to the old school TM AEGs then I could only imagine you don't know anything about Krytac if you're under the impression they're remotely similar in build or performance.  I'd suggest going and doing some research in that instance.  If that's not your meaning, please feel free to elaborate.

Again, if you're not in to it, that's fine but you need to realise the difference between actual facts and your own opinions about what constitutes a 'good gun' to different people.  The internal parts quality of the Krytacs (way ahead of many of other AR AEGs on the market right now) make it a really superb choice in terms of a gun you can take right out the box and have the trigger response that you're used to from guns you've already had in your collection for some time and already significantly upgraded in terms of the electrics and drive train.  Personally, playing semi-only 95% of the time, that's an absolutely enormous plus point and saves me massive amounts of effort and free time when I'm on leave vs buying something much more basic and obsolescent internally.  For me, the process of physically getting a gun to a good tech to have him bring it up to the standard of performance I'd like in terms of semi shooting is a huge investment in the little fee time I have where I can actually access my RIFs.  I really can't over exaggerate how valuable to me it would be to not have to go through that process.  Combining that plus point with a practical skirmishing weapon that very closely mimics a rifle I'm a fan of in the firearms realm (a distinctly rare quality in the replica market these days if you're a stickler for details) makes for a bloody great all-up package.

Imo most ras guns look odd without stuff on them. Acog, dbal front top, one of those horizontal foregrip things with the handstop would be pretty peachy imo.

Understandable, fairly rare to see fancy/promo pics of ARs with extended rails that don't have that sort of setup these days.  The LVOA especially so, given that it comes with the Magpul hand stop kits and anyone who's buying one in RS is highly likely to be rich enough to then be slapping super expensive glass and laser/light devices straight on it.  Obviously in airsoft form that's going to come down to the user after purchase, but I'm sure a fair few people will be doing a similar thing to me in terms of replicating the common configurations 

• 2 weeks later...

AR AEGs are catching up to modern times, but there's the ERG AKs coming from KWA and the CTW AK to boot.   ARs are always going to lead the way because it makes sense for businesses, but it's just a matter of time for the other guns to 'catch up'.

G&G had some new AK AEG models (standard type AEGs) at SHOT for example.  I can't remember exactly what the rep was telling me because they looked ugly to me personally, but I'm sure they came with MOSFETs and stuff similar to the way Krytac do their ARs.

So ar, then ak, then 416, after that it's a ###### shoot of what gets done.

I for one would love to see some others get the treatment the m4 does just so I dont have to see "not another m4" comments anymore.

Sorry.. are you joking right now?  You are literally one of the ones posting those types of comments.

AR AEGs are catching up to modern times, but there's the ERG AKs coming from KWA and the CTW AK to boot.   ARs are always going to lead the way because it makes sense for businesses, but it's just a matter of time for the other guns to 'catch up'.

G&G had some new AK AEG models (standard type AEGs) at SHOT for example.  I can't remember exactly what the rep was telling me because they looked ugly to me personally, but I'm sure they came with MOSFETs and stuff similar to the way Krytac do their ARs.

G&G, like E&L, decided to copy the LCT/Guarder AK design. I am not a fan of the LCT/Guarder AK design, even though the G&G AK's are nicely made. 

Sorry.. are you joking right now?  You are literally one of the ones posting those types of comments.

Reverse psychology ain't working on me. I'm with Alias1983. I would like to see the other platforms receive more treatment like the M4 does. Then again, that's telling popular demand from buying the same thing year after year.

It's an ar with a rail

I never joke and I never make "not another type comments".

If you genuinely can't see how that sounds like 'another m4' moan.. well I'm not sure what to say to that.  But believe me when I say, that's exactly what it reads like.

G&G, like E&L, decided to copy the LCT/Guarder AK design. I am not a fan of the LCT/Guarder AK design, even though the G&G AK's are nicely made. 

Reverse psychology ain't working on me. I'm with Alias1983. I would like to see the other platforms receive more treatment like the M4 does. Then again, that's telling popular demand from buying the same thing year after year.

Well, I've no idea about the other G&G AKs, but AFAIK the ones I looked at at SHOT aren't available anywhere yet, I've not even seen them anywhere for pre-order or being promoted/previewed to be honest.

Nothing I said would constitute an attempt at reverse psychology, so I've no idea what you're referencing to be honest, but if it came across that way that's not what I was trying to do; nor would I.  Obviously pretty much everyone wants to see more guns get updated, why my liking of ARs automatically implies some sort of exclusive thing and an apparent hate for everything else I do not know, but it's pretty sad really how often people jump to that conclusion for no reason.  Facts are facts though, ARs sell, so they get the attention then other stuff catches up later.  It's all just a matter of time and I don't know about you but it's not like I have the cash to be constantly updating my whole RIF collection on a rapid basis anyway, if anything the gaps in changes are welcomed.

There is a difference between a "new" M4 and "not another M4"

New M4 which does something different = exciting

New RAS for M4 = cool

M4 with a new ras on the front or some nonsense trademarks= boring

FWIW I think the AK has in many ways had the upper hand over the M4 replica wise - you can get a higher quality (steel etc) for less, the GBB AKs seem to run better then M4s etc. Does a colt branded M4 steel body even exist!?

If you genuinely can't see how that sounds like 'another m4' moan.. well I'm not sure what to say to that.  But believe me when I say, that's exactly what it reads like.

Well, I've no idea about the other G&G AKs, but AFAIK the ones I looked at at SHOT aren't available anywhere yet, I've not even seen them anywhere for pre-order or being promoted/previewed to be honest.

Nothing I said would constitute an attempt at reverse psychology, so I've no idea what you're referencing to be honest, but if it came across that way that's not what I was trying to do; nor would I.  Obviously pretty much everyone wants to see more guns get updated, why my liking of ARs automatically implies some sort of exclusive thing and an apparent hate for everything else I do not know, but it's pretty sad really how often people jump to that conclusion for no reason.  Facts are facts though, ARs sell, so they get the attention then other stuff catches up later.  It's all just a matter of time and I don't know about you but it's not like I have the cash to be constantly updating my whole RIF collection on a rapid basis anyway, if anything the gaps in changes are welcomed.

Que?

Archived