WE GBBR Thompson

aaron2310

Just saw this pop up on my Facebook feed...

Check out the final production model of this long-awaited, legendary GBBR.

This model has gone into mass production and will be available from your local WE dealer soon!

For more information please feel free to contact us here:

[2015-09-15]
Here's another teaser from our R&D team on the current progress of this long-awaited model.

We'll have more updates for you soon...

[2015-03-02]
Here's a sneak peek at what's our skunkworks division have been working on recently.

We'll update this album with full product specifications and updated photos soon...

Power Source: Gas Blowback
Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
Firing Mode: Semi / Full-Auto
Sights: Blade front, fixed battle rear
Inner Barrel Length: ~ 250mm
Gun Length: ~ 812mm
Package Includes:
1 x Rifle
1 x Product Manual
1 x 30 Round Magazine [Gas]

#ResearchandDevelopment

12376397_1139331086090998_85902454772807
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They update their previous posts. It's real :D

Saw it on my FB too just now. 

Not a fan of the model but WE FTW! :)

And now we wait for the akward test shooting video with cigarettes, feet and half naked old asians in the background :P

Possible GBB Sterling in the mix there? That would be super. Now all I need is the M3 Grease Gun in GBB form and I'm going to be really happy.

Say what you will about WE, they do seem to bring out those odd items so many seem to want. Their new Walther P38 is pretty nice.

It always amazes me how haphazard WE's operations look yet they seem to pump out new models at a remarkable rate, 'organised mess' is the phrase that comes to mind, whatever they're doing it seems to work for them.

It seems that with the successful release/design of the WE P90 they've been able to crack the nut of gas guns with non-typical magazine placement. If they can make a gas system work with a top-loading P90, they should be able to make side-loaders like the Sterling and the Sten work as well. Should be good for more WW2 releases. :)

edit: not to mention BREN, ZB26/30, etc.

The real M1A1 couldn't take drum magazines so it's doubtful that WE will make drum mags for this. Unless they've departed from the realism angle.

WE and realism? Don't exactly go hand in hand.  Airsoft AEG M1A1 and M1928 mags are interchangeable anyway.

Well, They made the snail magazine for their Luger, so I guess its not out of the question that they would make one for the thompson. Even if the M1 variants couldn't use them. If they think they'll sell, they will probably make them. Basically no chance in heck of them taking c02 though.

Also seconding that I'd love to see a gbb sten/sterling. though with how narrow the tube receivers are, would they really be able to fit a mechanism like the p90 in there?

Well, They made the snail magazine for their Luger, so I guess its not out of the question that they would make one for the thompson. Even if the M1 variants couldn't use them. If they think they'll sell, they will probably make them. Basically no chance in heck of them taking c02 though.

Also seconding that I'd love to see a gbb sten/sterling. though with how narrow the tube receivers are, would they really be able to fit a mechanism like the p90 in there?

If they can make those ugly *albatross* hell double stack 1911's, I'm sure that the sterling won't be a problem, looks like it's already done imo, just when they want to mass produce.. (Assuming after the thompsons) 

Archived