WE GBBR Thompson

aaron2310

I can see the demand in the marketplace for the M1, not for the Sterling though.

Obviously I'm not saying they shouldn't make it, but it seems an odd choice.  Then again they are literally just a *fruitcage* tube with a barrel at one end and threaded end cap at the other, though I'm not sure how they'd fit in something which could strike the release valve on the mag.  The trigger mechanisms on straight blowback SMGs are insanely simple, like a striker-fired pistol, just a sear that moves down and lets the bolt go.  It's all sheet metal though, no 'room' for a 'hammer' of sorts to swing about in a sterling; not sure how they'd link any such mechanism to the trigger either.  Unless the bolt somehow tripped a switch on the mag as it went forward and the trigger worked like a real one? ... I don't know enough about GBB airsoft to guess really.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I have to say that I'm still a bit worried about durability with the firing mechanism on the Thompson.

Im thinking of how the valve strikers tend to work on existing *actual* open bolt Airsoft gbbs, like the mac11s, mini uzis and those old maruzen mp5s. Where there's a kind of hook in the bolt that pushes forward a striker.

The one in the kwc Uzi is the beefiest I would say, and the kwa one the most fiddly with tiny parts. I'm kind of iffy on how well a similar system will hold up, considering its WE's first open bolt smg. I can imagine lots of problems with wear.

Of course, that's if they decide to actually go with an open bolt and not just make it closed, or cosmetically open.

You know, I have to say that I'm still a bit worried about durability with the firing mechanism on the Thompson.

Im thinking of how the valve strikers tend to work on existing *actual* open bolt Airsoft gbbs, like the mac11s, mini uzis and those old maruzen mp5s. Where there's a kind of hook in the bolt that pushes forward a striker.

The one in the kwc Uzi is the beefiest I would say, and the kwa one the most fiddly with tiny parts. I'm kind of iffy on how well a similar system will hold up, considering its WE's first open bolt smg. I can imagine lots of problems with wear.

Of course, that's if they decide to actually go with an open bolt and not just make it closed, or cosmetically open.

I thought their P90 was essentially an open bolt design.

No, that's a weird misunderstanding between Asian translations. Remember when we released the m4 and the scar with the "closed bolt" system. And then called the new system the "open bolt" system for a while? That's the confusion.

Tbh I think it is pretty obvious that WE will never go back to their AWSS "Closed Bolt" system. It would be safe to assume each new rif will be a new system or a reiteration of the "WE Open Bolt" system.

When the P90 came out and they mentioned "closed bolt" it did not even cross my mind it was that AWSS systen.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

My Sterling gets lots of admiring glances when I take it out - the new S&T steel version. Very nice although the range is <meh> due to the hop and the hop is a <fruit> to access.

I think I want a GBB Tommy but already have the superb AEG m1928 from KA so it might just sit in the box... 

Also confused by the talk of drum mags - these do not fit into an M1A1 frame in the real world. They fit the m192x variants and slide in from the slide, unlike the very wrong AEG versions.

Archived