KWA Shot Show 2016. Mp40, Colt Python

Brigg

Fancy rail for TM SCAR finally (angry gun doesn't love money apparently), .308 GBB, EBB ACR... PTS wants my money.

+1 on the ERG Masada ACR. I knew it was in the works but after owning a RM4 ERG AND NOW to see that they are seriously going to release the rear wired ERG Masada is very exciting. It just makes me wonder if the parts to my old PTS Masada will fit this new ERG model??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The exact details I'm sure can't be disclosed for legal reasons, as is usually the case with these things.

However, point being, KWA didn't just stop making them to scorn their users. It was the result of litigation. The fact that KWA continue to stock replacement parts and magazines should be proof enough that they weren't looking to hurt the users.

KWA did make these for quite a while even after litigation/lawsuits were being discussed. It felt like a year or two, so I thought nothing came out of it. That's too bad.

So, they kept sending it back because the producers kept removing one thing for another, and it uses only the forward tube area for battery space because "getting the dust cover back on is too much of a hassle" is the gist I get from that vid.

Did KWA get in legal issues or Yih Kai?

Because I still see these pop up in Asian stores from time to time.

I wouldn't doubt KWA at least. Yih Kai maybe depending on international suit (e.g. Taiwan) is possible or not.

It's still a shame there's no reciprocal bolt.
Forward gas tube isn't too much grief, re battery. Still means I can make a ak105 without too much drama

Doesn't the TM AK AK100's have a reciprocating bolt?

So, they kept sending it back because the producers kept removing one thing for another, and it uses only the forward tube area for battery space because "getting the dust cover back on is too much of a hassle" is the gist I get from that vid.

Isn't the battery is placed into the forend because the recoil weight is under the dust cover?

Ok, history lesson!

Having a 'license' with Schmeisser is pretty much useless. Schmeisser was the name of a man, not a company. That man being Hugo Scmeisser, who invented the mp18 and mp28. The mp40 was designed by Heinrich Vollmer and produced primarily by ERMA werke. The only relation Scmeisser has to the mp40 is that Scmeissers's son violated the patent on the mp40 to design the mp41. Cybergun would need a license from ERMA, a company which no longer exists.

Not only that, but since the mp40 was designed and patented in the 1930's, its design and look is no longer protected by any legal means. When GSG made the 22lr mp40, they needed no license from anyone.

As a side note, having a license to 'Schmeisser' wouldn't even allow you to make licensed mp18s or mp28's, as those were produced by Bergmann and Haenel. That's of course if you even needed a license at all, which you don't.

Brigg - The actual history of a firearm has never prevented Cybergun (or others) from getting a license for something and doing what they want with said license. Nor has it stopped CG from suing over it. 
They also distributed an STG44 under the Schmeisser license. 
There's never been a production AK with Kalashinikov's name on it, but CG has a license and slaps him name/face on AKs.  They also slap a Mauser trade on an Accuracy International design. I could go on, but I won't.

Now, the Schmeisser license is a priority for CG so they may not choose to actually take legal action, but they will at least threaten to do so. 

FWIW, I'm aware of the history of the MP40 and many other firearms. CG doesn't know/care about firearms history, unless it suits their needs. 

When I worked for CG I pointed out all kinds of problems with their licensing practices (and other practices) which were pretty much entirely ignored.  Using licenses for a gun that was never produced under that name is the least of their sins. 

Archived