Krytac Kriss Vector AEG

Zereck

Does is feature quick spring change?
Will there be plenty of mags when it's released?
Are there planned for short magazine?
Since the internal is different from the GBB counterpart, are we still able to use third parties parts for the Vector AEG such as light/laser in front of the Kriss? Or ace 1 arms right hand mag release? And etc.
But most important for me, does this have any kind of last-round-stop function like ASG evo3 or latest Marui recoil AEG?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big of a battery will fit in the grip though? For most techs, we would use at minimum a battery with about 2000 mah and up. Especially once we hit the 30 rps range there needs to be enough juice to handle the amp draw. The battery used in the video would surely not provide the amps needed to keep the gun running at optimal performance at 30rps let alone a dsg. The prototype you had probably would've even ran better on a fresh 9.6. Your battery was only hitting 15a and that's assuming the battery specs are correct from the manufacturer. So the question is, can a 40a battery fit without sticking out? That's about 2000 mah at a 20c continuous. Then we can start thinking about dsg. If max is what what used in the prototype, we'd be changig out the battery every 2-3 mins.

How big of a battery will fit in the grip though? For most techs, we would use at minimum a battery with about 2000 mah and up. Especially once we hit the 30 rps range there needs to be enough juice to handle the amp draw. The battery used in the video would surely not provide the amps needed to keep the gun running at optimal performance at 30rps let alone a dsg. The prototype you had probably would've even ran better on a fresh 9.6. Your battery was only hitting 15a and that's assuming the battery specs are correct from the manufacturer. So the question is, can a 40a battery fit without sticking out? That's about 2000 mah at a 20c continuous. Then we can start thinking about dsg. If max is what what used in the prototype, we'd be changig out the battery every 2-3 mins.

That's a good question.  However, with the space limitation, 1000 mah is as much as we can fit in the grip.  Unless we are doing some sort of extension on the grip.  Otherwise, the battery will have to go somewhere else.   If you look at the real vector, you know we have M4 stock adaptor. That's something we have been considering rewire to the back as an option.  I can't confirm we will do this just yet.  Here is a pic for reference.

12357695_1749213215307507_2031636826_n.j

Answered in RED

Does is feature quick spring change? i can't confirm or deny the existing design to have this feature. ;-)
Will there be plenty of mags when it's released? YES.  This is something we are very much aware of.
Are there planned for short magazine? Not at this moment.  Also depend if there such a need to justify having less mag capacity.  
Since the internal is different from the GBB counterpart, are we still able to use third parties parts for the Vector AEG such as light/laser in front of the Kriss? Or ace 1 arms right hand mag release? And etc.  Internal housing for laser/light is NO.  That is removed from Gen 2 design.  As for Ace 1 arms right hand mag release.  I suspect it will work.  I will have to try it out and confirm at a later time.
But most important for me, does this have any kind of last-round-stop function like ASG evo3 or latest Marui recoil AEG?  Not at this moment. There is very little room to add this feature.  However I'm not saying never.

Will you release a gbb version down the line (as in, is there a chance you might)?

Also, I think the guy from evike fancies you. . .

Never say never.  I know we can't satisfy everyone.  I remember when the GBB version was out a lot of comments wishing there was an AEG version.

As for Matt from Evike, he was talking with Tim.   I'm the older guy with reading glasses.   

Well, I'm not a scientist but if you bring out a GBB version too, that's everyone satisfied.

Thing is, a GBB Kriss has already been done so a chunk of that market will have been satisfied already.

An AEG Kriss hasn't, so the full potential of that market is still there plus the people who fancy a Kriss but don't really have a preference on GBB or AEG.

The question is, why didn't the people who are now going 'GBB Kriss please' buy one when they were available? Excluding those who found airsoft after it was discontinued or did buy one that is, it's something I've found with my own products, people looking but not buying then sudden interest when a product is discontinued.

Habakure is spot on I think, even if Krytac make a GBB Kriss there will be plenty of people who will complain about the price, not being KWA or other reasons.

Like lots of things in life, I guess people just put off buying until another day.

As long as a Krytac GBB Kriss is of the same quality and price, it's a no brainer to do one imo. Hell, come to an agreement with KWA to bring it back if they have to. The market is clearly there for it.

I'll be frank with you guys.  The KWA version is unlikely to happen again.  There is a lot of bitterness between both companies.  Some of you may have saw my reply to xxKingSizexx couple years ago.  Jim is still a good friend of mine but politic between companies keep us in awkward situation.   

As for making GBB vector, that will have to be determine later.  

Selling a design is good profit. Buying and producing said design is also good profit.

I'd say that companies -being companies- should understand that...

Anyway, that AEG looks good, but I'd like it with all the bells and whistles of an EVO, whenever possible. Battery space IS a problem. I'll be selling my otherwise excellent LCT SR3-M just for that matter.

Thanks for answering my question allizard.

I do hopefully will we see a Kriss with last round stop and other gimmicks, that will compete against EVO 3 that have established as a top of the line SMG in market.

I wasn't aware of that design changes/removal for the light module housing on gen 2. How come Kriss decided to remove that functions? 

Thing is, a GBB Kriss has already been done so a chunk of that market will have been satisfied already.

An AEG Kriss hasn't, so the full potential of that market is still there plus the people who fancy a Kriss but don't really have a preference on GBB or AEG.

The question is, why didn't the people who are now going 'GBB Kriss please' buy one when they were available? Excluding those who found airsoft after it was discontinued or did buy one that is, it's something I've found with my own products, people looking but not buying then sudden interest when a product is discontinued.

Habakure is spot on I think, even if Krytac make a GBB Kriss there will be plenty of people who will complain about the price, not being KWA or other reasons.

I completely agree with you, and believe it is ironic that 'GBB Kriss please' comes up once the product has been discontinued. This really makes the customers' voice more confusing for a company to address.

Thanks for answering my question allizard.

I do hopefully will we see a Kriss with last round stop and other gimmicks, that will compete against EVO 3 that have established as a top of the line SMG in market.

I wasn't aware of that design changes/removal for the light module housing on gen 2. How come Kriss decided to remove that functions? 

I've been out of airsoft for quite sometime. Can someone give me a quick summary of why the EVO 3 is top of the line in the SMG market?

I've been out of airsoft for quite sometime. Can someone give me a quick summary of why the EVO 3 is top of the line in the SMG market?

This is what I think that make EVO3 top of the line:

- Reinforced polymer body 

- CNC parts

- Full fledged electronic system mosfet, much like ptw performance. Made by ASCU

- Full piston cycle, microswitch on all controls, 3rd burst

- Last round stop

- Quick spring swap

- Licensed with correct marking (debatable)

- Good internals 

Why wouldn't be there be a need for more GBB Kriss? That's like GHK would say: "Well we sold enough AKMs, let's do something else." :P

Also at first I didn't like the Kriss but in time it grow on me, but by then I spent my money on something else thinking "eh I'll buy one later" or was out of stock and after that no more Kriss. :/

If they do make a new gbb version make it so it uses tm g series mags.

I refused to get one because kwa does not like you to have/ swap mags

Urg not this again.....

The Vector mags are much larger than the Glock mags, in no small part to the fact that the RS is .45 and the Glock is 9mm........

All KWA Glocks use the same mags

All KWA AKs do

All KWA M4s do

The only thing thats close is the USP/MK.23 series which imo they could have made to be the same mags as the difference is negligible.

So saying that KWA 'doesnt like you to swap mags' is nonsense. Its simply attention to detail on KWAs part, which is a good thing.

You wouldnt expect M4 mags to fit in AK now would you?

on my phone, my spelling will suck

This is what I think that make EVO3 top of the line:

- Reinforced polymer body 

- CNC parts

- Full fledged electronic system mosfet, much like ptw performance. Made by ASCU

- Full piston cycle, microswitch on all controls, 3rd burst

- Last round stop

- Quick spring swap

- Licensed with correct marking (debatable)

- Good internals 

And if they don't do all this, which I think we expect from a high end AEG, then really what's the point?

Archived