Tokyo Arms KWA Kriss Vector Co2 Magazines!

bankz5152

Posted on the main Arnies news page but I though it deserved some discussion! 

https://youtu.be/t-__X1xKMXg

I personally find this very exciting, especially since it can take 2 carts at once, that should give at least 100 rounds worth of gas. Also has the potential to be modified Devil Hunter style for dual fuel.

Quick Google reveals they also make standard GG mags for the Kriss?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/tokyo-arms-magazine-kriss-p-9217.html?language=jp

Anyone know anything about Tokyo Arms? I've never heard of them.

That base plate design looks awful, pin spanner then what looks to be a little screwdriver to install it? I can't see that wearing well..

Interesting to see new things still coming out for the Kriss long after KWA stopped making them though.

Can you even get Vectors still?  Under a KWA sub brand/grey brand?

There is New Old Stock floating around, and they pop up on ebay regularly for wild sums.  Evike had a stash--still might--that they were putting in their Boxes of Awesomeness promotions. 

I would agree with the above comments though, that the cap looks like a loser idea.  The base of the magazine looks less than professionally done as well.  I would rather have a hose input for a remote CO2 bottle.  But I don't think I would have the confidence to run the Vector on CO2 anyway.  

I would agree with the above comments though, that the cap looks like a loser idea.  The base of the magazine looks less than professionally done as well.  I would rather have a hose input for a remote CO2 bottle.  But I don't think I would have the confidence to run the Vector on CO2 anyway.  

It's not the gas that's the issue, more the pressure it's regulated down to, if you ran it from external Co2 regulated down to the same pressure as green gas it wouldn't wear any faster but you'd have far less cooldown but you can already do that with existing magazines if you want to.

You have a point but the mags may well account for that. The RATech Glocl Co2 mags output the Co2 just above the pressure off Propane. These may do the same. Or DHM modding the mag and fill with regulated Co2.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

You have a point but the mags may well account for that. The RATech Glocl Co2 mags output the Co2 just above the pressure off Propane. These may do the same. Or DHM modding the mag and fill with regulated Co2.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

That would be interesting if the mag toned down the pressure.  I could see myself trying one then.

As for the Apple Airsoft/CQB Master mags, they are cosmetically nice.  There is really no difference in appearance save the absence of 45 ACP (I believe) on the plastic spacer.  I bought two mags and one is NG--the feed lips, which are metal, are spread too wide and triple feed--very reliably too!

Jammed my gun up pretty good.  The other works just fine.

I've seen a number of references to the DH mod--gonna have to check that out...

That would be interesting if the mag toned down the pressure.  I could see myself trying one then.

As for the Apple Airsoft/CQB Master mags, they are cosmetically nice.  There is really no difference in appearance save the absence of 45 ACP (I believe) on the plastic spacer.  I bought two mags and one is NG--the feed lips, which are metal, are spread too wide and triple feed--very reliably too!

Jammed my gun up pretty good.  The other works just fine.

I've seen a number of references to the DH mod--gonna have to check that out...

not sure if you have the same revision as mine then maybe? mine are only missing the kriss banding (so it shows the .45ACP and the round count text) and the feed lips are most definitely NOT metal; mine have the standard plastic feed lip.

the box they came in is the apple airsoft packaging but have the cqb master / evike barcode upc tacked on.

i bought 5 and all 5 are in perfect working order (though one now has a small crack on the magazine end cap on the bottom due to me dropping it by accident, though nothing major)

Glad you posted this--you are correct.  After looking at the mags again in better light, feed lips are definitely plastic.  And the CQB mags ONLY say .45 ACP.  I actually mixed up the "genuine" mag with the CQB mag.  And while I was wondering why my KWA mag would start leaking all of a sudden after more than a year, turns out it was actually my second CQB mag that has failed--it's leaking at the base plate, with propane bubbling out past the pins...So 2 failures out of two for me :(

I'll be frank with you guys.  The KWA version is unlikely to happen again.  There is a lot of bitterness between both companies...

As for making GBB vector, that will have to be determine later.  

Here's what allizard said about GBB vector from Krytac Kriss Vector AEG topic. 

NOT IMPRESSED!

2J and drops to 1.6 in like 15 rounds. Sad at best.

Way too hot, way bad cooldown.

QUESTION:

So the gun isn't being made anymore? By anyone?

Elaborate?

Here's what allizard said about GBB vector from Krytac Kriss Vector AEG topic. 

Basically KWA off Kriss and Kriss cancelled their contract. Being a new firearm its totally protected so no one can make another. I expect China hasnt bothered due to its complicated design. 

Personally I think it is one of the best airsoft guns ever created and I would sooner loose a toe than loose my Vector. Sooner stop playing airsoft than use the AEG.

I am nervous about using Co2 mags in the Vector unless the pressure can be regulated down to a more stable 160psi - 180psi or so. Could this be done by DH modding the mag with a fill valve and filling with Co2 from a regulated tank?

I am nervous about using Co2 mags in the Vector unless the pressure can be regulated down to a more stable 160psi - 180psi or so. Could this be done by DH modding the mag with a fill valve and filling with Co2 from a regulated tank?

Yes, but you'll only get Co2 vapour in the magazine and no more than a few shots, if you're putting liquid in it will always be at it's normal pressure for the temperature.

Restricting the flow from the release valve may work to bring the output down but even 160psi is quite a bit higher than the pressure of green gas.

If you want a properly regulated stable gas pressure then you really need to look at adapting the normal magazines to run from external Co2 or HPA, then you can set it at whatever you want.

Could you potentially limit the amount of Co2 being released by making the gap below the router with a shim?

Potentially yes, AI did flow restrictors that sat below the router on WA pistol magazines to allow green gas to be used many years ago.

Archived