Umarex VP9

blobface

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

the vp9 is now widespread available in germany. Some users reviewd the gun briefly and attested an ok performance, but no furhter validating, yet.

I ordered one because I really like the Realsteel model regardings its ergonomics. 

Unfortunately albeit the weapon looks good, I got a lemon OR it plain and simple sucks.

the scratchyness of the M&P and PPQ are there, moreover the slide resistance when opening the breech is tremendous. 

My gun hat feeding issues from the start, so I sent it back. 

gas consumption is so high, it didnt even lock back on empty magazine using G&G bio bbs at 23degrees C room temperatur, weapon also at room temperature, Propane and Greengas test. 

Highly disillusioning....

I have the feeling vfc grabbed the h&K license and nothing good comes out of it any more...

Wish KWA oder KSC and TM had made the guns

Didn't even know these were out. And first in Germany same as with PPQ I think?

But, disappointing first impressions on the performance. But was kind of expected, in line with the VFC Glocks and PPQs... Unfortunate. :|

Not sure if I can justify getting one just for looks, feels like I have enough of those already (VFC Glock and PPQ)

The Problem is: you could tune the old VFC Guns to get them to perform ok (polishing etc). But the price point here in germany developed into absurd heights.

The ppq was 120€ and 30€ for a spare magazine at introduction, the M&P was 169€ and 35-40€ and now the VP9 is 220€ with 50€ for a spare magazine!

Thats hilarious. For that price point I expect a gun to perform from the start. 

The KWA H&K product were less attractive from the outside, but mostly worked flawlessy and were ideal weapons for airsoft gaming...

Its really a shame... if I think about that KWA could have made these guns if they would still have the license.

In this way cybergun respectively umarex sits on the licenses and the chances of getting another manufacturer with reputationtake  some of these models into its lineup is like zero. 

Ah I put a wrong vieo into the above link. 

The last gun is a KWA HK 45, I filme that to show another gun under similiar circumstances, BBs, Gas and temperature.

The function video showing the VP9 directly is here (above you only see the shooting on a cardboard to tell if there are bbs coming out of the gun or not)

notice the sound of each shot...

Nope, no more full auto.

I was very excited as I heard that the system is new. Very simple design, full "steel" sear and hammer, new nozzle (like in the glock 42 stark arms), steel triggerbar etc.

But I couldnt get it to work. Other people mentioned the gas consumption is eventually pretty high. 

The stickiness is in fact pretty hilarious. When you rack the slide the first time its like a person only knowing airsoft guns racks the breech of a real gun for the first time. You think it wouldnt move at all.

But I repeat: I can only talk for the model I got, eventually it is a lemon, but on the other hand: my M&P and 2 PPQs werent so great either, moreover on first glance I couldnt figure out what is causing this (perhaps the stickiness...), but I didnt try to get rid of it also, because I'm not keen on loosing my waranty to give the product back...

I have the vfc M&P9 and i didn't notice any issues. even the full auto works well, if a bit lossy on the gas.  Maybe i lucked out, But the shooting videos of the vp9 look terrible.

I think i might give this one a miss for now and save the money for a WE C96 instead. At least that seems to do mag dumps fine.

• 2 months later...

Local shop to me has a few in stock, might give one a poke tomorrow but so not going to buy it after seeing that. That looks like early WE standards and at least they only had the balls to ask for £60-80 for their early guns <_<

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

For those who are too lazy to google.

Doesn't look great - seems the problems Schnazel encountered with his are pretty indicative of the general model. A pity.

ALSO FOR *fruitcage*'S SAKE HOW HARD IS IT TO PRONOUNCE HECKLER UND KOCH

Considering how much I like my PPQ M2 (as a pistol, not necessarily as a SA/VFC airsoft replica), I want this :D

Deluxe Asia Edition shall be mine once I get some moneyz :)

Looking forward to hearing actual peoples report on these.

Saw that there is a steel slide and barrel kit out there as well. Can't really justify putting that on an SA/VFC pistol but the majority of the internals are steel so I guess it might be do-able.

Perfect candidate for a new Project RS Case build too :D 

Archived