Han Solo's Blaster by WE Taiwan

bankz5152

Taken from WE Taiwan's FB page, theres a few other pics but my internet is *suitcase* atm. Only text reads (translated from Chinese) 'Only one in the world' Who knows what that means or if its even translated correctly. Either way this is pretty damn cool. 

post-21477-0-10027500-1454519223_thumb.jpg

facebook.com/WE.Taitan/photos/pcb.1702705023276672/1702704736610034/?type=3&theater

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it means they're only making just the one. Over at TheRPF, prop builders have been scrambling to buy all manners of airsoft M712s from HFC NBBs to KWC GBBs to butcher as the DL-44 in TFA is apparently built on an airsoft M712. If WE catches wind of that market they may be surprised as to how much more money they'll make compared to selling regular M712s to (cheap *albatross*) airsofters.

Yep buying one. Too awesome not to!!

Being WE any speculation on price? All the TM limited editions like this where always at least £200+ though where generally based off previous models not a complete new build. 

P Virus is ~£140, so this I would expect maybe £180?

on my phone, my spelling will suck

It's a little unfortunately that it's using the M712 as a base, but I guess that's partly to do with the removable magazine. It'd be a little awkward trying to fit a magazine release on the C96 which uses an internal mag thing while keeping it true to life.

I'm really happy to see WE pushing more into their "Classic" series, bringing back more WWII stuff. I think they could easily corner the WWII reenactment market as well as the Starwars cosplay market if they market it right.

Typical cheap *albartroth* WE building it on a 712, it should be a C96. Regardles off the MGC 712 based prop in the new film, the orginals where C96’s.

It seems like it'd be a little weird making an Airsoft C96 unless you'd give it a removable magazine, which kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a C96... I guess you could use a non-detachable gas reservoir, but that'd be a little wonky. I can't even think of how you'd load the bb's other than from the top.

I guess it means they're only making just the one.

Why, I'd rather be optimistic and interpret it as them being the only ones crazy enough to build it. "The only one" as a design, not a physical item.

Too bad I set my sights on the Apple M1887 recently.

AFAICare, WE are now the absolute rulers of GBB-land.

Yes, I know some of their pistols are beep (still have a 1911 somewhere...) and their internals need to be revised (you listening?), but they are the ONLY ones to break out of the old "M4s, AKs an a few variants" mold.

I NEED one of these in my collection. :)

Why, I'd rather be optimistic and interpret it as them being the only ones crazy enough to build it. "The only one" as a design, not a physical item.

Too bad I set my sights on the Apple M1887 recently.

It's probably more of a pun aimed at the association with Han SOLO

It seems like it'd be a little weird making an Airsoft C96 unless you'd give it a removable magazine, which kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a C96... I guess you could use a non-detachable gas reservoir, but that'd be a little wonky. I can't even think of how you'd load the bb's other than from the top.

If it were me, gas or CO2 in grip, NBB style stick mags loaded from the top with the rest of the mag space as an expansion chamber to max out efficiency. Given how my WE PMM gets 45 shots from a really small mag, something with an even lighter bolt and slightly larger gas space ought to do something like 60.

Archived