NEW KJW/GUARDER CUSTOM CZ75 SP01

CZFan

Yes they appear identical. The one by ASG is butchered by ASG and is old and overpriced (still a kjw model). I would not touch anything ASG. They are just a rebrander, and their trades are some of the worst in the hobby. always incomplete, always asg stamped, always bb stamped etc. What we have seen with CZ lately and ASG is that they will subcontract a model, typically to KJW and sell that as ASG only for a year or so. Then KJ will make their own better OEM version (what was just released) and others will modify that (guarder for instance) and so forth.

If I can find a confirmed guarder version per what this thread started as, ill pick it asap. for now aplus if the first out with correct frame trades, but the slide trades are still incomplete. Their site is confusing at best and facebook is all about their 870 shotgun for the past 10 weeks....  every day 870 shotgun *suitcase*.

Im thinking RATECH will cut a steel slide for this soon enough.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASG's Scorpion is excellent. Unless that's a different ASG...

I saw the version in eHobby and I'll probably pick that one up. It looks fine enough for me, although there's NOTHING that says Guarder is involved in any way, so this all versions talk is still very confusing.

Disregarding the issue of green gas vs CO2, there are already at least 5 versions out there, and perhaps more to come.

Big ASG stamp; round hammer.

PY-3955_ASG-CZ-SP01-Shadow_1457561728.jp

No ASG stamp, round hammer.

8029_%5BKJ_Works%5D_CZ_75_SP-01_Shadow_A

ASG in white, angular hammer.

sp01shadow2.jpg

No ASG, no lettering on frame, angular hammer.

KJW_PS_SP01_BK_09_default_logo_tl.png

No ASG, lettering on frame, angular hammer.

KJ-SP-01-03.jpg

Are we having fun yet?

First two, with the round hammer are NBB.

First photo from here: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/ASG_CZ_SP_01_Shadow_Airsoft_GBB_Metal_Pistol/3955 listed as GBB, and charging $140.

Second photo from here: http://asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=8030 also listed as GBB, and also charging $140.

Perhaps they used old photos? Perhaps the moral is what you see is not necessarily what you are going to get.

3, 4, and 5 would then be the ASG version, the KJ version, and the KJ version modified by Aplus.

First photo from here: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/ASG_CZ_SP_01_Shadow_Airsoft_GBB_Metal_Pistol/3955 listed as GBB, and charging $140.

Second photo from here: http://asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=8030 also listed as GBB, and also charging $140.

Perhaps they used old photos? Perhaps the moral is what you see is not necessarily what you are going to get.

3, 4, and 5 would then be the ASG version, the KJ version, and the KJ version modified by Aplus.

Yes, they used an old photo. The right ambidextrous safety is fixed to the frame. I would never use pyramid air as a reference.

ASG's Scorpion is excellent. Unless that's a different ASG...

I saw the version in eHobby and I'll probably pick that one up. It looks fine enough for me, although there's NOTHING that says Guarder is involved in any way, so this all versions talk is still very confusing.

Its still incorrectly trademarked! *NOTHING* that ASG touches is correct!

Besides AEGs are trash toys. No true collector and appreciator would even bother with those. I would rather spend the 500$ on the 417 series from VFC with all its issues.. Now that's a nice model (as long as you don't get the umarex one; go for the "bootleg" asia only version)

Now, im happy that ASG is using their CZ license at least, but even cybergun at this point figured out how to get details right.. because they don't go over and beat VFC into submission on making incorrect stuff. 

/rant

Its still incorrectly trademarked! *NOTHING* that ASG touches is correct!

Besides AEGs are trash toys. No true collector and appreciator would even bother with those. I would rather spend the 500$ on the 417 series from VFC with all its issues.. Now that's a nice model (as long as you don't get the umarex one; go for the "bootleg" asia only version)

Now, im happy that ASG is using their CZ license at least, but even cybergun at this point figured out how to get details right.. because they don't go over and beat VFC into submission on making incorrect stuff. 

/rant

Some people collect nice looking bits and some people like to shoot other people. You stick to your idea and don't on other peoples territory. The ASG CZ EVO (it is made by ASG, not rebranded) is one of the best products to come out in a long time. And i don't mean the trademarks on it.

You realise that you belong in the 0,1 % that want correct trades and thus mean nothing to them, right?

And by the way. I prefer 6mm BB markings. It makes the chance of outlawing airsoft smaller so we can still play.

You're seriously nitpicking.

True collectors / appreciators would probably buy deacts. ASG, just like CG, Umarex, EchoUSA, etc distribute toy guns.

I just got mine courtesy of WGC and I have to say that I'm very pleased with it, despite it having no trades.

The quality of the gun is really, really good...no paint blemishes, the slide to frame fit has just a touch of lateral movement.

Single action is light but as with my other CZ pistols, there's no real "wall".

Double action is a bit on the heavy side, but not too bad.

I've only put a few magazines through it (co2 and 134) and as expected on 134 gas it's quite sluggish, but I was actually surprised that it would function at all.

On co2 everything becomes nice and crisp with an avg. energy of 1.15j, which of course is too high here in Japan :( 

So I might have to port the inner barrel...

All in all a great gun!

Get one!

They are great guns aren't they and the wood grips mate them look and feel even better I think.. :)

That's kinda how this thread started.  The Guarder custom version*, which hasn't been released yet, though we hope it will, is supposed to take RS grips without modification.  Am looking forward to reports from anybody installing RS grips on the KJ/Aplus versions.

(On the Intruder Shop website, they just started advertising the Aplus version, which appears to be the "regular" KJ version with some more markings.)

My ehobby "aplus" arrived today. It is the regular KJW one. Somebody somewhere *fruitcage*ed up. :(

Wingman, let me know if you get the right one or the stock one like me. Im not sure how to even approach that. Can't return it so I might ask them for the difference in cost to be credited back.

Mind you, im not overly concerned. I wanted a stock one for future comparisons anyway. Im just irked I paid 138 vs 112 for it :o anyway,  im not going to sever my relationship with ehobby over it. So here we go, for a baseline:

0BydYqy.jpg

W4fiIMP.jpg

wvIlCLb.jpg

For giggles, will this take a real 75 magazine? yes sorta it would. doesn't latch in and on the full size the top hits the loading nozzle, even with the slide locked back. but a compact one fits in nice, still doesn't lock tho. otherwise magwell is identical size to real one. no wobble or grinding anywhere. the mag test is a simple way to figure out if they got the angles and feel right, that's why I do it whenever I have the ability.

bYo1ZWx.jpg

TzINm8I.jpg

As my version is the one without trades, I'm thinking of getting trades done locally.

However, I've been searching the net and it seems that there are quite a few variations.

Also, what kind of proof mark would be appropriate?

They vary based on production batch/epoch, country of origin and country of destination.  Anything not imported into the USA would not have the whole CZUSA line on the frame.

The dovel above the extractor contains the manufacture year and proofing marks. The marks are specific but all cz should have the lion thing. Here is some reading and backstory

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=21866.0

and here are some more specific proofing marks that denote specific tests the gun has gone through. some are country specific...  some are agency specific. So certain marks you will never see in the consumer market.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/P09MHS-4.jpg

custom cut QR plate ident for agency needs (again, USA specific only)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/P09MHS-3.jpg

correct. RS sights are drop in on the p09.

this I don't know. I really haven't done anything to it yet. doubt I will unless a proper slide is released. I demand a springy cool fake extractor :P

Archived