NEW KJW/GUARDER CUSTOM CZ75 SP01

CZFan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get 100 shots per cartridge on the kp09 (stock) when I run in sets of 20 and allow the mag to warm up before the next batch. Not sure how much that would drop if I start adding weight to it. recoil is stronger on the sp01

The nozzles and BBU are different (yet similar). SP01 is 2mm larger in diameter.  firefly valve could also be different but I haven't disassembled the actual internals. The BBU nozzle seals are also different.

Cool didn't know about that store. They have some unrelated things I want

Now, since apparently nobody wants to make a slide for this, im thinking of milling out the molded extractor and trimming a czub one in there. I have to check if there is enough space to drive the pin in tho. bbu is hugging the walls

• 2 weeks later...

Hitac rear sight. It is a bit higher (hence "hi"tac). Need to find a front I like, about 6.0-6.5mm high. stock is 5.5? and a bit low for the hitac. Word of  caution.. the slide is epic pot metal. I drove a hole through it trying to tighten the sight set screw. Never felt any resistance.. the screw just went through the top of the slide. WTF. Not even the cracking stark slides have done this.. oh well.  Fortunately the sight is rather tight on there so I don't actually need it.

p09 rod and guarder oil 150% 1911 main spring. no buffers with this one used.

LNuvc0c.jpg

qb15F24.jpg

I don't know what else to do to this.... the lack of proper slide and frame is killing me. NEEDS STEEL :(

I made the last picture my screen saver on my phone. Beautiful job, really a one of a kind.

Not having much luck with milling the molded extractor out and trimming a real one in there... metal is too soft for the tolerances (and all I have is an xy table, hardly mega precise)

so I decided to fix something that has always me off about airsoft czs.. they all use the preB sights, which are a joke and incompatible with everything. I decided to fix that by fitting the SP slide onto the preb 75 from KJ since the SP has the proper sight cuts. well.. does work! No mods needed. Blew off a CO2 cartridge and the blowback is awesome. The only downside is that the slide rails go all the way which increases grease deposit and contamination wherever it touches. You can fix that by milling them down. Im considering doing that next actually. .. As soon as im done with current non cz related project.

ty2jZQQ.jpg

kMfvAov.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I need to branch out, so I can marvel at how well made the KJ co2 system is.

Im about to do my 1000 round digest, maybe in a video.  Given the lack of issues, I just might postpone it for further down the road. (im still beating on the p09, but going through co2 canisters like gravy between all the guns)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need this in my life. I run a SP01 in USPSA and I'm getting an Accu Shadow Blk at the end of the month (it's been worked on at CZCustom for over 7 weeks now). I'd love an Airsoft version for home training and the occasional private game. To think I can build a Shadow similar to my current CZ ... swoon!

(My CZ is in my IG feed ... link in sig below)

Round hammer is the older version. Newer ones as well as aftermarket are the squarish ones. Still, it is nonetheless not 100% accurate in shape.

guarder/kj the top line of the hammer is level with the slide. on the real, its on an angle

although looks easy enough to correct with a grinder/manual mill and some recoating, for those obsessed purists

The standard SP-01 and SP-01 Shadow have slightly different sight cuts. The Shadow has a lower plane cut behind the dovetail allowing for the rear sight to sit lower. It looks like the KJ is accurate to the Shadow.

It's actually quite exciting to hear that there are some parts compatibility with the RS. While I wait on my RS Accu Shadow Blk to be finished at the end of this month I'm still using my standard (all be it upgraded by CZCustom) SP-01 till then. I'm considering ordering two A-Plus Shadows from BoomArms and building them into something more like my current RS CZ:

CZ-SP-01-left-small.jpg

CZ-SP-01-right-small.jpg

From what I can tell, I'll need to replace the grips, front and rear sights, trigger shoe and possibly the safeties.

• 3 months later...

Quick update. During my trip to Hong Kong in December I picked up a pair of KJ SP-01's and a few spare CO2 mags. I've been pleased with the recoil but the trigger pull is super crunchy compared to my real CZ. And just like with my real CZ I can't stand the extended safeties. On all my real CZs I had to exchange the extended safeties for regular low profile CZ75 safeties as I had a tendency to accidentally engage them during reloads. Sadly, that wasn't an option on the KJ SP-01 as they don't sell spare low profile CZ safeties. I ended up grinding the KJ extended safeties down until they had a similar height/thickness as my regular safeties. It's not "pretty" but it gets the job done.

I installed real CZ Custom grips. I'm still debating buying real rear competition sights but for now I'm mostly using this for dry fire practice anyway and the sight picture isn't too different than that of my real CZ.

post-29472-0-66540500-1486030871_thumb.jpeg

Archived