IWA 2016

LightningLion

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolverine (the SMP guys) are there with their new solenoid VSR bolt (still battery powered, but no FCU) and a new type of air stock that replaces standard AR buffer tubes and powers HPA solenoid guns with .12g co2 capsules through a quarter turn QD cap. They are also planning on making a version of the air stock that will fit in a VSR stock.

I'm just so hyped for the HK45CT, wanted one when the whole HK45 thing started and sorta settled with the full sized when I bought my TM.

hearing about all the issues with the KWA, I'm willing to give VFC a chance on this one as I for one had a positive experience with the Glocks.

edit: guh, more ridiculous pricing...

da fudge is that pricing on the VP9?  Don't do that FNX to us again...

If some of these new GBB pistols are going to end up being £200 they'd better be bloody nice and if they're VFC OEM they'll want to be a step up from the M&Ps and Glocks.  I'll admit the VP9 I handled did feel a cut above the average pistol in the 100-150 range, so maybe it'll be worth it.  Fingers crossed.

Have to say, personally, as modern as it might be, the prospect of that G28 just fills me with nope.  20 round mag, gonna weigh a ton once you've got a scope on there (worse with a bi-pod, any more than that and you're either hulk or crazy) and highly possible they'll be very much mediocre in the internals department given all the problems I've read about with the 417.  Hate to be a downer on it, but that screams collection/plinker gun.

CKinnerly, reading the last part of your post reminded me of a video/post on a firearms blog about the PSG1, and how despite the G28 being developed by the same company for the German military's "modern" requirements, the PSG1 actually fires better still.  :D

I've seen the same video, t'was a good one.  Though I think the PSG1 probably weighs about twice as much still and would cost even more times as much (if they were to make any more), being a setup CT weapon for police in urban areas vs military usage running about.

Though I'd take a TM PSG1 over this G28 for sure, whether I was paying for it or being given the choice of having one for free.

Sooo. Apparently VFC are upgrading their V2 gearboxes once again, adding quick-spring change and integrated mosfet.

Imagine that, companies actually catching up with the trends at last.  If ICS and G&P (maybe even TM??) start doing the same we might FINALLY get these things as standard; 5 years over-due.

Here's hoping they'll go back to some realistic externals with the new internals. 

CKinnerly, reading the last part of your post reminded me of a video/post on a firearms blog about the PSG1, and how despite the G28 being developed by the same company for the German military's "modern" requirements, the PSG1 actually fires better still.  :D

You can thank the roller-delayed blowback system for that. Very few AR-15 variants can outmatch it; both the PSG-1 (or MSG-90 for the military) and G28 are great pieces of contemporary weponary.

But I'm really excited about the HK45 CT. The only tactical pistol I've found attractive. Never owned a stark arms pistol but I would give them a try if it was made by them.

I'm just so hyped for the HK45CT, wanted one when the whole HK45 thing started and sorta settled with the full sized when I bought my TM.

hearing about all the issues with the KWA, I'm willing to give VFC a chance on this one as I for one had a positive experience with the Glocks.

edit: guh, more ridiculous pricing...

Issues? Mines rock solid. Probably 4,000 rounds through thus far, very accurate, excellent range never skipped a beat

With any luck at all KWA will be making the G28 too

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Yeah, lots of CA mentions lately, some retailers making videos on them like some great CA revival.

EDIT:  From what I am reading from Popular Airsoft's trip report, cyberscum has been going around to various booths and demanding certain designs be removed from display, even bring police along.  :angry:

Archived