IWA 2016

LightningLion

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I managed to dislodge that valve knocker knocker on the one I had within 5 dry fires without the mag.

Only thing good about those pistols is the nice hand feel, snappy blowback, and great trigger. But you need more shooting performance and reliability to make it a great overall pistol.

Best 1911 for field use is a TM. Best looking while being functional is a TM.

However the KWA does have 'the feel' but that is about all it has, stupid wanky hop :D.

As for me, I am just ignoring CG as best I can and sticking to avoiding buying there stuff, even if it is a gun I like. I can live without their BS.

'FireKnife'

What they both are saying is true.

CYB has a very limited production capability.  They request the "factory" to make slight cosmetic changes to items to make it unique.

As for Licensing that is obvious.

Have CG actually own an assembly plant, have their own assembly staff, QC and logistic?  Do they have in-house engineering?  Seriously want to know.  

In fairness KWA can make good guns. (when they want to)  Their biggest problem is their production team and parts support.  It's extremely In-consistent.  And you are right about the wonky ball hop-up.  They tried to fix it with lever spring design (HK45) But it's also flimsy as *suitcase*.  Once you got a jam you can pretty much throw that lever spring away and get new one.  If you can find a replacement.  Then again... what do I know.  ¯\_(?)_/¯

Kwa kriss vector is the best KWA have produced, and IMO the best stock airsoft gun available (or unavailable as the case may be) the ptp 1911s are great guns, the mark 1 = kimber tle, mark 2 = kimber warrior, mark 3 and 4 are springfield armory replicas, all with out proper trades but every thing else is accurate to the real thing, the bbu chamber design is better then Marui's 1911s, but the hop is the old ball bearing type and sucks, also u can't power stroke a kwa ptp 1911, but a few Tweeks that probable won't happin would make it the supior airsoft 1911, for the time being it's the marui 1911 but I have funny feeling the we will be the best with it's larger nozzle and better material use and hopefully traded version from ghost island and the likes. Also another problem with the kwa ptp 1911s is the terrible moulding with imperfections all over the place. Kwa are on a downward spiral of late with very little new produces on the line. But they have some great guns available along with some not so great guns, consitance seems to be a major problem.

nah... the Mark series have 2 serious flaw.  

1. Can't power stroke to return the slide.  You must release the slide catch to return the slide.  This cause a disruption when you train someone in weapon manipulation.  

2. When the mag is not in the gun, the striker pin can be pop out when you dry firing.  And it's a pain to put it back... if you can locate the pin.  Otherwise, the GUN is SOL.

They manage to fixed the problem finally when they re-release the 1911 Government model.  

Was thinking of stripping my mark 1 and getting kimber tle trades ingraved before getting it cerakoted, someone told me the newer models have sorted the firing pin problem (never happened to my one). The lack of power stroking like I mentioned is annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!

74BD845D-D4F3-4A3B-B849-69ED6835E886_zps[

Want it to be KWA. No like VFC, they no good.

Has anyone seen the updates in regards to these off of Spartan Airsofts facebook page??? (on an off topic note, along with the CNVD-T that they say is supposed to be coming out soon!!!)

CNVD-T the scope?

FYI...Spartan is no more.  US COO closed the doors on that company and in the US it's Palco only and it's moving to Texas.  They will focus on high margin low end items and drive the licensors brand into the ground, which means BAU.

Do not be surprised if they start loosing licenses in the US like they have been in EU.

Archived