Tokyo Marui Shizuoka Hobby Show

BerserkDS

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iron Airsoft and vfc, I'd go IA.

VFC's the only one that makes a proper 416 magazine. It's also quite a good magazine. Also it's more true to real steel. Assuming you already have all the WA parts required to build the IA off of, you still have to source a correct stock nut, plastic dust cover, sights, stock and grip to build a proper 416(sans magazine), whereas the VFC already comes with everything. Also none of the gbb 416s replicates the ability to switch to safe while hammers down. But since VFC takes real steel AR FCG parts, you can put in real steel 416 hammer and trigger to replicate this feature easily enough.

VFC's the only one that makes a proper 416 magazine. It's also quite a good magazine. Also it's more true to real steel. Assuming you already have all the WA parts required to build the IA off of, you still have to source a correct stock nut, plastic dust cover, sights, stock and grip to build a proper 416(sans magazine), whereas the VFC already comes with everything. Also none of the gbb 416s replicates the ability to switch to safe while hammers down. But since VFC takes real steel AR FCG parts, you can put in real steel 416 hammer and trigger to replicate this feature easily enough.

As much of a WA collecting fiend as I am, what was said here is all entirely correct plus the fact that VFC guns are actually available. IA kits are looooooong gone.

A summary of what was said:

Next month, Shizuoka Hobby show is finally approaching! Last year we debuted the AA-12 at Shizuoka Hobby show. This year as well, I believe we have something (a gun model btw) that the airgun world probably hasn't seen before. That's about all I can say about that. We are releasing 2 promotional videos at the Hobby show so please come down and watch."

so to the guy who said earlier, yea they are under the impression that their new gun is something neva' been dun befo'. With the whole AA12 and 870 thing, I'm a little more inclined to believe Marui has something interesting in the works.

I managed to (by pure luck) guess that 870 was gas when it came. Now I have no idea, and no nudgings from my luck fairy, so I have to make a blind prediction for fun, as there sure won't be profit if I hit right.

Lahti L-39/42 "Elephant Gun" antimaterial rifle. :D (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39)

No one has made one as an airsoft yet.

I'm expecting announcements of imminent release of the AA12 drum mag and the full size USP, and possibly new variants of the MWS gbbr system - as the bread and butter stuff.

The John Wick angle would suggest it has to be a keltec ksg or an SRS. I doub't they'd release a P30 when the HK45 has been recently released and is so similar, unless they're going the whole hog and making one with the compensator from the film too.

Hopefully Marui see fit to release some nice teaser shots for us to analyse!

But a real 416 does not function with m4/16 uppers or lowers.

I'd rather build one than deal with vfc, replacing parts vs buying the right ones is Imo a better way to go.

Also ghk mags are better than vfc in every way, sure it's not a HK shell but I bet you could swap them.

http://www.rhinoairsoft.com/details.asp?prodid=IRON-416KIT&cat=8

http://v21s.com/index.php?cat=&p=6&sp=&cat0=14&cat1=15&cat2=19&id=66&new=&more=pro_hotitem

^What he said and also, VFC gen 2 mags will not work with WA platform because they lack valve locks. And the IA already costs 330 something according to one of your links with the lowest price and it's only a conversion kit. If you don't already have a WA pattern gun to cannibalize, a basic G&P steel FCG is somewhere around 70, hop and barrel at least 50, nozzle around 50, magzine around 40, and you're already looking at a 500+ project. Oh and forgot grips, sights, stock, buffer spring and buffer. With the VFC you're looking at around 400 plus 65 for a real steel trigger, selector, and buffer and it's already fully functional full steel bomb proof. And VFC 416 mags are amazing. I get 3 full auto 30 round mag dumps out of them with lock back with one charge of gas.

This is going OT but I would say recent verion(s) of VFC ARs are good to go, parts still possible to break but they cost practically nothing.

Back on topic, I'm also guessing a 870 system'd KSG...

...... then we'll have RFB and RDB, yeah, I can dream.

I would like to believe Marui pays more attention to the airsoft world and while a SRS or bullpup sniper has been out, I'm sure they have at least heard of Silverback releasing theirs. A KSG would be cool and the closest thing is that prototype Madbull 'announced'. I just read Hyperdouraku's article and it seems everyone in Japan is banking on one of those or the P30L. It's funny how everyone no matter what side of the world your on is thinking the same thing  :D

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/blog/2016/04/28/55th-hobbyshow-marui-massage/

And yes off topic, vfc guns can use GHK magazines, a simple lookup would show so: 

youtube.com/watch?v=MT8DlwS6UqI

youtube.com/watch?v=6Vbm7dcsqRs

And rhinoairsoft has been dead for more than half a decade and V21 doesn't update their stock. (I see someone asking a couple times every month in the WA groups about V21 and their IA 416 kit lol) Really as a WA M4 collector the VFC is the better 416...

And yes off topic, vfc guns can use GHK magazines, a simple lookup would show so: 

youtube.com/watch?v=MT8DlwS6UqI

youtube.com/watch?v=6Vbm7dcsqRs

And rhinoairsoft has been dead for more than half a decade and V21 doesn't update their stock. (I see someone asking a couple times every month in the WA groups about V21 and their IA 416 kit lol) Really as a WA M4 collector the VFC is the better 416...

I got one VR16 GBBR from my teammate to check it. It was ordered from WGCshop and this is the newest version (2015 series). I can use it with G5 magazines without any modification. The new magazine (magic mag) has clearly same lenght valve as the standard WA-system has. I think VFC started to learn from the customers - or they listen to the advices...

We need to move away from this convention of version 3 gearboxs or version 2 or whether an aa12 gearbox will fit in a ksg.

Back like 15 years ago they stopped making guns fit gearboxes (maybe other manufactures still do). There's some reutilisation of certain parts because why reinvent the wheel just for the sake of it every gun. But Marui has proven with aep, aa12, m870 breacher take your pick that it is quite happy making a gearbox any shape and any size, whether it's electric or gas.

You can't rule anything out with Marui once they actually decide to make a new gun, especially since they seemed to enjoy the impact of the originality of the aa12... I think you may genuinely see something pretty original almost just because they can.. I think they are trying to make a point.

The only issue with originality is sometimes despite what people mouth off about and say they want original guns, they still go and buy an m4. We all remember the fall of the ak74mn.

The KSG has good space for a cylindrical reservoir, which would solve any stress problems with any gas, and maybe add the chance to have two shells pre-loaded instead of one. I'd like to see that becoming a reality.

You can't rule anything out with Marui once they actually decide to make a new gun, especially since they seemed to enjoy the impact of the originality of the aa12... I think you may genuinely see something pretty original almost just because they can.. I think they are trying to make a point.

The only issue with originality is sometimes despite what people mouth off about and say they want original guns, they still go and buy an m4. We all remember the fall of the ak74mn.

If nothing else it probably makes it a lot harder for the cloners!

"MR556/416 upper will work with most Colt lowers so long as there is no sear-block (that only allows half-moon carriers). You need the front pivot pin adapter when using it with an older large-pin/slab-side lower, and/or you need to add the appropriate hammer. Be it .154 or .170 fcg pins, un-notched milspec Colt hammers are available for either pin size."

I'd still rather build a ia 416 than buy vfc.

"MR556/416 upper will work with most Colt lowers so long as there is no sear-block (that only allows half-moon carriers). You need the front pivot pin adapter when using it with an older large-pin/slab-side lower, and/or you need to add the appropriate hammer. Be it .154 or .170 fcg pins, un-notched milspec Colt hammers are available for either pin size."

I'd still rather build a ia 416 than buy vfc.

You're referring to the limited amount of civilian ar15's that colt produced with non standard specifications a while's back to get on ATF's good side. End's up being the ATF had no problems with mil-spec so the mutations were reverted. No other manufactures have ever done this.

Also do you have a reason to prefer the IA over VFC? Or are you just saying it because you just don't believe VFC can make a good GBB?

Archived