Ehobby To Close the #1 Airsoft shop in Asia.

The Insider

Ehobbyasia Closing the #1 Airsoft shop in Asia.... to open a new store on the other side of town
So for locals, half can rejoice because it will be closer to you, the other half will be upset cause they have to now travel further. lol.
And for everyone one else that is a non-honkie... You can expect a moving sale in coming weeks  ;) 

Reason for the move is the usual after a couple of years success at the current location the landlord wants his cut of the pie.
And considering it was an an-abandoned massage palour before they moved in, it will probably revert back to an abandoned space, so the building has lost a great tenant.

The move is due next month, but the exact new location is currently unknown to me. (Rumored to be at SanPoKong)
But one can only hope the size, range and service provided in the new store will keep it in its #1 Spot of Prettiest Airsoft shop in Asia!

Lol same here, I saw the title and started panicking and thinking, WHAT no more ehobbyasia, I love that shop, being in the UK I enjoy buying from ehobbyasia not only for the great prices but for the great service too.. So in glad the shop is not closing down as such and is just moving. Fingers crossed they get a good location. :)

ATB Marc

APS also moved offices two weeks ago.

Someone jacking up the rent prices for the popular airsoft locations forcing them to move?

And a better title would have been "eHobbyAsia store moving locations" ... :| 

But. Bring on the sales! Hopefully I can pay off my credit card until them :P lol

EHA used to be my go to shop. After they changed their website interface everything seems to have gone to *suitcase*. Only buy from them when there is a sale or I can't find my stuff elsewhere.

Has anyone figured out how to do a search on their website, where you can combine two search terms and *only* get hits on the items that combine *both* of the terms?  Whenever I search two terms, it actually increases the number of hits, rather than narrowing them down.

Has anyone figured out how to do a search on their website, where you can combine two search terms and *only* get hits on the items that combine *both* of the terms?  Whenever I search two terms, it actually increases the number of hits, rather than narrowing them down.

Hmm, guess no one has tried the obvious. Capital AND between search terms filters out search resutls without both search terms, at least as I tested it for myself just a moment ago.

Marui 1911 = 3886 result(s) found

Marui and 1911 = 4003 result(s) found

Marui & 1911 = 3886 result(s) found

Marui AND 1911 = 4003 result(s) found

I can't see how that is a realistic number of hits when wanting Marui 1911 guns and related accessories.

And how is it that an actual TM 1911 pistol is not even in the first page of results (12)...

Please share your findings on how it works as I would love to be able to search properly on EHA.

Sorry for the double post and not edit. I forgot :0

Clicking on the "Available" filter to only show items in stock does NOTHING...

Setting view to 80 per page, jumped ahead a few pages. And on page 9 not much is 1911 related either.

wtf_eha.png

Not obvious. But logical.

You shouldn't have to specify the simplest of boolean operations in a search engine on an airsoft site. Can't recall any other airsoft site that requires that when searching.

I believe actually the Boom Arms shop is even worse.. It'll give you pages of related results if you manage to plug in the right words for what you want. But when you hit next page it'll take you to some unrelated list with even more pages. Useless. Shame cause I really like BA.

Okay, what I found out with the search?

I was looking for short-barreled AUG, so...

AUG Para -> 80 hits. With PAra-ordnance and para-bits for SAW and the like.

AUG AND Para -> 2 hits, both APS AUG Para in OD and ATAC, so I thought it worked fine.

Capital AND was standard notation on EBay and Google for years, and as a relational DB application developer, it's my 'go-to' version to add operands, but I think bit of the problem is the fact that search engines not only read what is the name of the product, but also in the descriptions, and those can contain all sorts of weird stuff.

APS also moved offices two weeks ago.

Someone jacking up the rent prices for the popular airsoft locations forcing them to move?

And a better title would have been "eHobbyAsia store moving locations" ... :| 

But. Bring on the sales! Hopefully I can pay off my credit card until them :P lol

You can blame em' mainlanders. 

It's not the Hong Kong I used to know.  But that's another story.    :rolleyes:

Archived