Stratos BBU series

volante

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about rear sight fittment of Statos? some G-style steel slides accept standard screw-through rear sight and some do accept RS one...

BBU stick to TM original dimension.

Recently made Guarder slide would fit RS style rear sight, some older slide uses TM style.

I have to be honest, the biggest turn off for me is the need for different routers.

I have about 12 1911/hicapa variants and I like to use the same magazines with all of them to simplify my logistics train. So either I start having mags I can only use with one pistol, or I have to fit all of my pistols with your units. As much as I'm sure that would be a big performance boost, it would also bankrupt me.

Will your gas routers be required or will stock ones work too? My FO4 pipe rifle could use a little more kick.

Stratos for Glock only need to change router.

As TM glock gas longitude router, not good to increase performance.

I have to be honest, the biggest turn off for me is the need for different routers.

I have about 12 1911/hicapa variants and I like to use the same magazines with all of them to simplify my logistics train. So either I start having mags I can only use with one pistol, or I have to fit all of my pistols with your units. As much as I'm sure that would be a big performance boost, it would also bankrupt me.

Stratos for 1911/Hi-capa will work with original router. Don't worry.

• 1 month later...

Volante has always delivered the goods, he's generally quite good with comms unless he's on an away trip, that said, this is low batch production by a small (one man?) company, so we shouldn't be too unrealistic with demanding the dates of deliver to be without hiccups.. so it will never be "too late", he's not going to run away with your 70 bucks, but if you paid expecting this to work like another shop instead a custom shop, then your expectation was probably misplaced. 

He said he needs 300 orders in 2 months or batch wont be run? 2 months are up on 21/22 on july, which is next week.

So.. where does this project stand as of right now? Im building a bear of a steel glock and exploring options.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can confirm he's alive though as his facebook page was updated as recent as late October with a prototype of a TM bolt carrier + nozzle, claiming "strongest recoil GBBR AR-15 in the world".

Siffing through the facebook page I think this may have gone "pro"... 

Re: Stratos on FB:

"Hi, we got offer from complete airsoft gun manufacturer and discussing about giving them a license of our design. So we stopped our tolling process for a while. But it will be on market in any form."

• 1 month later...

Well, volante got he stuff back up and running and his most recent post was on December 19th on Facebook and more recent comments.

He usually has to wait until he gets a couple hundred orders before he gets them manufactured. Though, he does order a bunch himself to sell at full retail after fulfilling the pre orders. It's probably just taking a while to get the orders cause this isn't the first BBU he's released for glocks.

Just wish volante would post some news here to see if all is still well.

Hi guys. Sorry for long wait.

Mould for housing is finished, and other moulds also will be finished in few weeks.

But i have to put magazine router's mould as last process as i want to fit router exact size to actual product.

31250435804_1e334985b0_b.jpg

Here is photo of finished housing sample. 

ZAMAK2 die cast, inner polished with NC machine and black painted.

Archived