Stratos BBU series

volante

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are u still planning the hi cap/1911 version?

I am pretty interested in one of these for the 1911, mainly so I can actually install the Guarder firing pin on my Ino (which uses KJW-spec internals, and because of that, the blowback housing screw is too long and is incompatible with the firing pin set. Of course, increased efficiency is always great (although I have managed to obtain good enough efficiency with the pistol on gas magazines and Guarder Power Up gas, plus a bunch of internal *suitcase*).

The Stratos for the 1911 would be steel, right? I would kind of need it to be made out of steel for it to be of interest to me (otherwise it is a downgrade from my pistol's steel blowback housing).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for long wait guys.

Here is photo of actual product.

32614024753_fde5b99d54_c.jpg

ZAMAK2 die casted housing and PEEK injection molded nozzle and guide.

33045104330_2f963837f2_z.jpg

Rear view

33428124255_a897c62c26_z.jpg

Rear cover separated.

You can make it look like RS glock slide cover with metal reinforcement by brushing rear side of housing,

33428123365_a5f24da024_z.jpg

Bottom side view.

Stratos BBU has unique duplex cylinder system.

I'll show you some images of this system soon.

Patent of this design is on pending in many countries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I forgot making instruction manual in english but i did not wanted to delay shipping so i shipped with korean manual :(

Here is some translations that what's written on manual

- This product's design is patent pending in many countries.

- Make sure to replace magazine router into included one.

- If needed, cut this manual and put it between slide and BBU's ceiling to adjust BBU's height.

- Make sure extractor parts not to interfere with BBU's working parts.

- Add silicon oil inside BBU periodically for smooth cycling.

- Use included urethane shock buffer to prevent gun's damage caused by recoil.

- We don't have responsibility about gun's damage.

- If you have trouble using this product, contact me!

So yeah, received today, this works, this definitely works, it's especially impressive because the green gas bottle I charged the mags with is very near empty.

Few questions Volante: 

a) It might be obvious but where am I suppose to put the extra sorbo pad and the washer? I tried putting them into the spring guide, tried both ends, but it interfered with the action. 

B) In the product description you mentioned 15kg gas, most green gas is 11kg, with the exception of the Guarder Black Gas which is closer to 15kg. However, I have never managed to make any Glock work with Guarder Black Gas, the striker simply can't handle the extra pressure, even with 150% hammer spring, any tips on how you might have done it? 

c) If I use KJW CO2 mag, will this thing explode? Have you tested it on there? (Mainly wondering for Winter time) 

Thanks! Very impressive work and excellent packaging as always, will be ordering more very soon. 

Few questions Volante: 

a) It might be obvious but where am I suppose to put the extra sorbo pad and the washer? I tried putting them into the spring guide, tried both ends, but it interfered with the action. 

B) In the product description you mentioned 15kg gas, most green gas is 11kg, with the exception of the Guarder Black Gas which is closer to 15kg. However, I have never managed to make any Glock work with Guarder Black Gas, the striker simply can't handle the extra pressure, even with 150% hammer spring, any tips on how you might have done it? 

c) If I use KJW CO2 mag, will this thing explode? Have you tested it on there? (Mainly wondering for Winter time) 

Thanks! Very impressive work and excellent packaging as always, will be ordering more very soon.

a: you need to remove original guide's front plug to use washer and pad. put washer at rearward of pad.

b: some aftermarket hammer tends to hit harder than guader's one. And if you heat up magazine, green gas easily reach 15kfg. I tested this BBU mainly with warm green gas in development.

c: It won't explode but you need to change rear O ring into other one that included in package. (an-013 or P-10 size one)

And warranty will be voided. But you can purchase parts cheaper than most upgrades for original design.

For example, housing costs only 8usd.

Here's it working with an aluminum slide. So fast, so beautiful.

https://youtu.be/brjiE819Jvg

I was able to file the ID of the buffer to fit on my Firefly recoil guide rod just fine.

Also, I posted other comparison videos of my G17 without the Volante BBU so you guys can see the difference with a metal slide. Just look at my channel to find the other videos, they are titled accordingly.

Archived