WELL clone of WinGun Webley MKVI

Brigg

So, the mysterious clone manufacturer, WELL, also know by such other nebulous names as Galaxy, Bell, and doubtlessly several other names that never point to one manufacturer, has cloned the Wingun Webley revolver.

Thats correct. Someone has cloned a Wingun. I thought it was crazy when I saw ARMY cloning the WE rifles but this is even crazier.

The price is about $60 USD. I havent seen these on any website but this link, and on ebay so far:

http://www.wholesalecentral.com/globeproductsupply/store.cfm?event=itemdetail&itemid=1409616&returnto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wholesalecentral.com%2Fglobeproductsupply%2Fstore.cfm%3Fevent%3Dshowcatalog%26catid%3D85347

I purchased one and received it today. I thought it would be a staight Wingun clone, but it is not. While the externals are more or less the same, The WELL version uses its own shells which are shorter then wg webley ones. It also, oddly, seems to fit together much tighter then the wingun, as the top break doesnt wobble when locked up.

The most interesting change though, is that WELL have used a decent brass barrel with an actual fixed hopup. Not like the wingun who really mean "No hopup" when they say fixed. It has a nub and everything.

Ive yet to see how it performs but if you just want a display or holster filler for a WW2 kit, you could do much worse for $60

Heres a comparison picture to a wg "weathered" model (WELL on the top):

post-80387-0-96433800-1465581247_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Webley is Gun Haven, not WinGun. Unless WG and GH are the same thing...

This would be worth it for parts, at the very least, and I'd finally be able to get to modding it without fear of damaging my GH. Ahh, alas, importing is a pain :(

The Webley is Gun Haven, not WinGun. Unless WG and GH are the same thing...

This would be worth it for parts, at the very least, and I'd finally be able to get to modding it without fear of damaging my GH. Ahh, alas, importing is a pain :(

actually...  WG is the manufacturer for GH.  ;)

Seen the raw unfinished sample in Jan trade fair, so less than 6 months to market i guess is reasonable timing.

Have a friend wanting one here so I'll have a hunt for one too.

Well, no the real one would use a .455 cartridge which is still stuby, but rather fat.Neither are particularly realistic but whatever.

Also when I say the well cartridge is shorter, its by like a millimeter. just enough for wingun shells to not work.

Archived