all steel Hi Power... for $2300

mimesis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$2300 is sort of standard FPR price regardless of model... except I have no idea what this is, nobody's made a hi-power in ages, so this is either a full steel kit for some antique that barely worked, or they have gone and designed / revamp a gun themselves, it's more likely to be the former... 

TM seem to be concentrating a bit more on modern stuff at the moment, and the BHP being of 20th century vintage probably isn't a priority (though I would be glad to be proved wrong).

WE on the other hand churn out all sorts, so my money would on them.

$2,300 would buy you a very nice custom real HP. The problem with these steel guns are that they lack the creativity to come up with anything but base models.

If I am going to fork over that kind of money, I want something unique.

Inokatsu proved you don't need 2k+ price-tag to make something good out of steel.

This is just plain ripoff.

3d printing metals is coming down nicely so we can safely forget these and laugh at em in few years

Inokatsu has definitely not proved it if you're using their 1911 as the basis of your statement......

FPR's stuff are insanely expensive, but are significantly better made than Inokatsu or RA-Tech's steel pistol parts, whether or not it's worth $2300 is up to the consumer and whether they are ripping us off would only be known by people who actually know know how much their labour costs / machine costs are, which I personally don't. The only thing I can say is that almost every time FPR release something, they are sold out quite quickly, so despite the insane price, they have captured a devoted audience that's throwing money at them everytime they ask for it. 

Inokatsu proved you don't need 2k+ price-tag to make something good out of steel.

Unfortunately like blobface says Inokatsu's steel 1911s don't have a good reputation for fit and finish, and their steel P226s are OEM'd by FPR. If anyone's proven that a sub-$1k all-steel pistol is possible, it's RWA and their bizarrely brilliant NightHawk GRP.

FPR's stuff are insanely expensive, but are significantly better made than Inokatsu or RA-Tech's steel pistol parts[.] The only thing I can say is that almost every time FPR release something, they are sold out quite quickly, so despite the insane price, they have captured a devoted audience that's throwing money at them everytime they ask for it.

FPR's stuff is insanely expensive, but I don't know anyone that's bought more than one. I've got an FPR-OEM'd P226 (as does one other user on here); even WolfGeorge has only got one or two of their 1911s out of a collection that probably requires an ISO container to fit in by now. I think it's the very, very low levels of production (we're talking 50-100 pistols maximum) that gets them out of stock so quickly.

Well, now that they've got a growing export market to consider perhaps. But then there's also Metro Arms which makes them in much smaller quantities per year with relatively crude tooling (almost hand made really) and cheaper than an Armscor while still looking loads better than an Ino.

A set top piece that is useless

Gas: Top Gas/ Green Gas

I laughed hard! HP slides are the size of 1911... good luck with gas on that one!

and 2300 is a complete joke on so many levels.

So I looked into FPR a bit. It seems they are a 1911 shop which explains the prices. 1911s are the most overpriced things in airsoft and real world due to the cult like obsessive following they have. Anyhow, there is virtually 0 information about internals, magazines etc.

If this is a tanaka internals gun, its even more of a joke. For those of you who have their 1911 models, what internals do they use in them? Are they marui kits?

Because obviously if you ever want to shoot this 2300 piece of metal, you need spares because you will go through internals at an alarming rate (assuming you can even get it to cycle a whole magazine on gas).

HP peaks my interest, granted. Almost to the point I would consider it if I know whats inside

INO and RA 1911s are KJW based. 

Found that out the hard way when I bought my RA Kimber Royal advertised as "full steel", the guy from RA even pointing to all of the parts in a YT video (since removed after I went bananas on them) of the gun saying "full steel".

Got mine home, pretty much everything except slide, barrel and frame were stock KJW parts. WTF!?

Archived