all steel Hi Power... for $2300

mimesis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When replicas get in to this price level I lose the grasp of why. Comparing to rs prices is OT but comparing to deact prices is not. I mean, who would play with such a gun then. It's for display so why not get a real one yet legal display piece..?

If a replica costs more than a 1K I'd expect steel everything or better bet is to get some co2 ready one..

Yes but in,

UK

Hong Kong

Japan

China

Korea

Taiwan

many, many more

It is outright illegal or very, very hard to possess a semi automatic handgun.

The above, and it's connection to the popularity of replica guns is very, very obvious...

There seems to be some confusion.. Some of us (who like to use their airsoft) are questioning the usability of a 2300$ doorstop since the internals are at best, questionable and we know that the power source is inadequate at best for the weight being pushed about.

Then there are others who say that this is a great set top piece. Well, if its a set top piece, its not really airsoft is it...... It's a stationary model  gun and becomes moot to talk about. 

I think this needs to be looked at from the angle of airsoft. Is there a way we can get details about the internals on this particular HP design. Deep down im hoping they used mariu 1911 system, since it would certainly fit. Which means you can go wild with it and have a usable cool HP to fool around with. Which is the whole point of airsoft. Stuff that functions

I have never ever considered an FRP because of the complete lack of CO2 support, a $2300 gun I'd expect really good grade steel that is hardened to ensure it won't "eat itself" around the slide catch mechanism, which is something every one of my steel 1911 I've owned / had experience suffered... $2300 definitely needs to be looked at from the angle of airsoft, because nothing else cost this much, if you can own real gun, great, you can get one for way cheaper, if it's for collection only, then a deactivated one is also much less, this money should buy you the best / authentic "shooting experience" a toy gun could possibly provide, which without CO2 support... it will never be able to. 

Ultimately, I think it's pretty clear that this is pretty much exclusively a Japan collector oriented product.

It's just so frustrating given how much I want someone to make a decent, presentable and functioning Hi Power (without odd rear sight, please).

Wasn't there some issue in japan about metal, even aftermarket? I see certain kits are  labeled as "japan legal" while others are not. FPR is hong kong based. Enten, which is a big Japanese distributor shows nothing from steel that I've ever seen.

How to TM OEM internals hold up inside of steel guns when used? I mean the internal parts materials are spec'd to handle plastic slides and kinetic energy from such.

I would imagine things get banged up rather quickly.

IMO, if you make a steel gun, that is supposed to fire properly, i.e. with CO2, then steel internals are also almost a must for longevity. Which would drive the price up another $100 - $200 USD, if such parts even exist to put in the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I think, if the internals are all steel and CNC'ed (which they probably will), the price is okay for what it is. Even in HK it's not that cheap to manufacture quality CNC parts from steel in very limited quantities.

DOC

Seeing that is agony.

Why doesn't Nova, or Ace1, or somebody at least make a different-style slide that you could put on the WE?

Because Chris costa hasn't made a video with it.... or the haley guy hasn't written an article.  sadly airsoft is all about usually inaccurate movie hype, rather than actual firearm history. if its in a mindless movie/anime, it will be in airsoft.

my interest is still peaked. fpr doesn't like to answer emails (at least mine) so if anyone can pull any info out of them on internals, nozzle, sight cuts,  parts compatibility with  existing platforms etc please share for the plebs who aren't in HK..

We see obscure Glocks, 1911's, M9's and M&P's but they cant come up with a more modern Hi-Power slide or a Colt Combat Commander slide, barrel and bushing (an affordable one!). Trades or no trades, it does'nt even matter at this point.

The Hi-Power has been seen in numerous movies (even John Wayne used one in McQ! lol). The Colt has been in some pretty good films and TV shows as well (Jesse Stone series on tv is the most recent I have seen).

It is so darn frustrating and I even like the current WE Hi-Power!

We have been screaming about this for years. It's enough to drive you crazy. They would'nt be able to make them fast enough as long as they were priced right.

Who is john wayne? Some obsolete dude with no relevance to popular culture... does he even own an iphone?  No, you need chris costa to talk more about m&p and glocks. If he picked a HP one day, you will have everybody from redwolf to KJ making them overnight.

Asian culture, don't ask

Im just glad we have some sort if influx of CZ models lately. Got me back in the hobby after I quit in the days of KSC in the early 2000s (when it was the only thing available, asides from plastic NBB MGC classic and maruis springers)

You did notice the (lol) right? I guess I should have mentioned The Final Option or Beverly Hills Cop or the Replacement Killers! But I am serious about lack of any kind of slide up-grades for such a iconic pistol. It's really a shame.

Your correct regarding the current release of CZ pistols. While not that big a fan of he latest offering from KJW/ASG, I've always liked their original CZ75 and I've managed to collect all the various versions of their P09 (including the version with polymer FDE frame and slide which can still use green gas as well as duster. Still looking for the all black in polymer model). The versions with the metal slide are generally my "go to" pistol in CO2 mode.

Oh, and Harrison Ford in the first Indiana Jones movie had a Hi-power! Look, I'm really old and I know these things. I do not know why, I just do.

The Hi-power is one of the most well-known and iconic pistols around, and it's a shame there's no good airsoft replica available.

Still 2300 US, buys me a pair of real ones, with enough cash left to sort out my licences.

:P

cool in that case I look forward to TM releasing the new BHP and MPL!!

LOLZ

Just find the old one, and jam a VSR hop up in it

LOLZ

On a serious note, my JAC Hi Power uses an KM SCS barrel and is rather powerful. I could care less about the *suitcasey* Tanaka/WE set up.

Archived