OTs-03 Dragunov SVU AEG

chas

Tiger lists a few other models by ASP.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=asp+rifle&osCsid=36a012af8e9e1ba7c5df42b4fbf8fae2&search.x=0&search.y=0

As far as I can see, ASP=AirSoft Pioneer has something to do with JG.

Evike mentions this explicitly in their listing of the same rifle.

http://www.evike.com/products/54557/

Cyma from the looks of it, but I've never heard of anyone calling Cyma anything but Cyma.

All the other models on that Airsoft tiger page are definitely JG.

I'd go with JG on this one, if it turns out to be Cyma I'll buy one but not a JG.

Also, that pistol grip would be the first thing I'd get rid off, and swap it for an SVD-S grip. The stock one on this looks awful and uncomfortable

Almost certainly a CYMA base - magazine and fusebox give it away.

That bipod looks horrendously uncomfortable, but if this performs like my old CYMA SVD-S (IE: Totes amazeballs) then it might be worth a look.

Didn't spot the fuse. The bolt/charging handle also matches in colour. Just never seen or heard of ASP before.

I'd also want that dummy suppressor off right away

IIRC the real one acts as an expansion chamber to make sure there is enough gas pressure to reliably drive the system.

Eh I wouldn't be so bothered about that. I didn't actually inspect the Airsoft tiger one for all that kind and looked at evoke for longer. Now I've had a good look at tiger I see it's just a very large muzzle brake.

Excited for this if it does turn out to be Cyma. We're the SVD-S models compatible with AK pistol grips? I never got round to trying with mine

The thing is that Cyma/RS SVD has no option to fire in full auto like SVU-A. So they must've messed with internals at least a bit. The GB shell resembles Cyma/RS though, so it must be sth internal for sure. There also the matter of the selector lever, in CM/RS it's working a bit similiar to AK, namely it locks the trigger when in safe mechanically. Here it must be something different.

To be honest, I prefer having the full auto option, not to be used in game since this is a DMR/Sniper gun but because sometimes the gearbox can get locked and a simple short burst solves that instead of taking the gun down and access the GB to do it, so for me, its a pro =P

More of a safety issue really. Like you say, M4s with scopes, where someone's just driven a nail through the receiver or some bodge job like that.

It's never usually a problem to be honest, does make it hard to do a Lone Survivor SPR as I need to find a rifle and seller in Germany to ship here but hey ho.

Whilst this is an interesting piece, I'm not sure I like it MORE than the SVD-S

That "flashider" is just plain horrid. Do real guns use anything else?

I might go as far as retire my beloved S&T SVD for this. Seems this has tiny bit more battery space.

EDIT

Our field rules say DMR has to be semi-only. Saying it has to be semi-only from factory is a bit brutal.

If you have gearbox lockups it's because of a too small or empty battery or botched tuneup.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived