Iron Airsoft Chiappa Rhino - anyone heard anything?

Mike_West

Not sure whether it's news, but I found this thing on Google Image Search today by accident:

http://www.ironairsoft.com/product_a0.php

I've seen the replica on some American airsoft store site (Evike maybe?), so it must have come out, but I'm surprised by the absolute lack of information on the subject.

I was told by some guy over at theRPF.com that he'd actually purchased one but didn't chime back when I asked him for some pics. Only other place I know that has it is some Japanese site at full price and with the metal barrel sold separately as they'd bung on an orange plastic one in its stead.

Wasn't it a limited edition several years ago? I know it looks quit different but was it based on the Marushin Mateba maybe?

The guy who invented the Mateba revolvers also helped design the Chiappa Rhino but unfortunately died right after so the Rhino came out for sale after his death

Wasn't it a limited edition several years ago? I know it looks quit different but was it based on the Marushin Mateba maybe?

As far as the real one goes, it's still Ghisoni's design which is an evolution of the Mateba 2006M. Airsoft, can't say as nobody's really shown the internals of the Rhino, but it would still need to be different from Marushin's design.

Yeah i'm only speaking from memory, it was a long time ago so I could be wrong. I remember seeing the price and then just trying to forget the whole thing. I also seem to recall that the production number was very very limited and it was sold by an american company, but it does look cool.

Archived