KSC Auto 9c

directorcass

I know it's not a gun made for skirmishing, but it is a pretty cool gun on its own. Having been out of production for many years Robocop's gun has returned. Most of the online stores are showing it in stock now. I just ordered one form UNC. You can even pick one up off the shelf at shops in Japan. This will probably drive down the $500+ plus prices on eBay.

23igspf.jpg

2ia4x77.jpg

I got one from RW HK as soon as they had them in stock, had it for about a week or so now. It is not S7.

£230 delivered (inc Parcel force charges) with 2 extra mags, bargain!! :D

It is all plastic but seems very well put together with only minimal rattle from the outer barrel. The front section is rock solid tho, no movement or rattle.

I know people have said its not for game use but I intend to use the hell out of it! B)  The ROF is stupid high.

I added lead fishing weights to front of mine that I had 10 years ago. I'll do the same when my new one comes in as well.

Guges, are those just upgrade parts or are they the necessary parts for the 3 round burst? They look nice! My first Auto 9c had burst, but UNC says you need optional parts for the burst mode, but none are listed.

Erab, does yours have the 3 round burst?

I added lead fishing weights to front of mine that I had 10 years ago. I'll do the same when my new one comes in as well.

Guges, are those just upgrade parts or are they the necessary parts for the 3 round burst? They look nice! My first Auto 9c had burst, but UNC says you need optional parts for the burst mode, but none are listed.

Erab, does yours have the 3 round burst?

No, just single & auto.

I might be tempted to make it burst too.

To be honest this has more "value" for me not as a movie prop/replica but as a throwback to when I started skirmishing, as they were fairly popular!

I gotta say I'm surprised, it's hardly fitting with the zeitgeist is it? Still cool though.

Erab, since you have the Auto 9c can you take a pic of the fire mechanism under the right side grip, or compare with this picture and let me know if it's the same/similiar mechanicals?

This is a stripped NS2 that I have that has the 3 shot burst feature. I wonder if the mechanicals are the same (other than the burst feature). If possible, I may transplant the components to the 9c when it arrives, or transplant the Auto 9c parts to this frame.

Thanks

2eq70xi.jpg

The only reason I can see for getting rid of the burst feature, is that it was very unreliable and prone to breaking. When I worked as a field tech I saw dozens of them that the burst became auto. And then the semi auto would become auto as well sometimes.

If they got rid of the burst to beef up the semi auto reliability, I think it would be a good trade-off.

I still have the "kit parts" from the very first model with plans to mount them to the AEP 93R

It was the first plan I had in increasing battery size of an AEP. Cyma DE made it obsolete but maybe I should dig em up and 3d model the parts...

Erab, since you have the Auto 9c can you take a pic of the fire mechanism under the right side grip, or compare with this picture and let me know if it's the same/similiar mechanicals?

This is a stripped NS2 that I have that has the 3 shot burst feature. I wonder if the mechanicals are the same (other than the burst feature). If possible, I may transplant the components to the 9c when it arrives, or transplant the Auto 9c parts to this frame.

Thanks

Here you go. All the fixing points look the same.

post-10992-0-23647900-1467322016_thumb.jpg

As was proven, in post three, above! I had a member of the RPF forum model and 3D print the parts shown above. They were sold as a kit on the RPF for a short time several years ago. The cost of the parts was still high, around $200. I sold mine eventually for another project and never completed the transformation.

This is why I'm so stoked that KSC re-released the Auto 9!

Just a quick after game report, I used the Auto-9 at my last game and it shoots really well. :D

With green gas and .28's it shoots 60m straight/flat and I got kills at 80m plus! Pretty surprising as I was not really expecting much from it but I ended up playing one game with it as a primary. B)

Everyone who had a play with it came back with big poop-eating grins. Good enough for me. :)

Thanks

I tried that before, transplanted the burst mechanism from a non-ns2 to an NS2 m93r, it didn't work :(

Edit: It's possible it was my fault, so... grain of salt.

Archived