KSC Auto 9c

directorcass

Good news is I finally picked up the KSC Auto-9 from Moai Hobby.  

Bad news is the gun is still running the OLD gas system.  Not System7 nor NS2.  I am kinda disappointed as the System 7 have already implemented on the M93r, why not just port it over.   Yih Kai (OEM) is lazy...

IMG_5334.jpg

It was done on the RPF Forum a couple years ago. The kit consisted of the rear sight, the barrels extension, and the grips. However, the grips were resin cast, not 3D printed. It sold for $220. I think something a lot cheaper could be done today for the NS2. Tomorrow will be two weeks since mine left Hong Kong, should arrive this week!

Wait so it isn't the System 7 version?

Are they going to release separate mags for it then by a decent amount as that is pretty horse-*suitcase* if you ask me.

What is it with companies using different mags for similar if not same designs? :P

'FireKnife'

Yes! Auto 9c arrived yesterday! Same as it was when I had one 10 years ago, almost. However, it's not an Auto 9c. The original release was called simply the Auto 9 and featured semi and full auto. KSC latter released the Auto 9c that featured the 3 round burst. This release does not have the 3 round burst. So, while the box says "Auto 9c" it's actually the original "Auto 9" release. I'll post more pics tonight.

2m3idrs.jpg

Wait so it isn't the System 7 version?

Are they going to release separate mags for it then by a decent amount as that is pretty horse-*suitcase* if you ask me.

What is it with companies using different mags for similar if not same designs? :P

'FireKnife'

Don't know.  And honestly I would not even consider taking it out for field game.  This gun is completely plastic.  Feel kinda cheap.   :no:

To be honest some companies have upped the game in terms of 'plastic' but this to me just feels like an out and out re-issue with no attempt to improve on it.

Bit like TM constantly releasing the same M9 with fixed hop and no-decocker, oh wait ................. :P

Even if KJ did it first off the TM design at least they made changes and improvments, this to me just feels a bit cheap given the price!

'FireKnife'

No doubt this is a15 year old gun. It is a product of its time. Yes, it would have been nice if KSC had upgraded the gun to their System 7, but I'm just happy the gun is back in production. These things were hitting near $800 on eBay! I bought mine, as probably many others have, because it's a "Robocop" gun, not the latest design for airsofting games. It is what it is, and many fans of the gun are happy it's back in any shape.

I know spending $160 vs $800 made me happy!

• 3 weeks later...

Feels cheap? It no more plastic than any other plastic airsoft gun made by KSC, KWA, TM... I also don't think KSC 15 year ago when the gun came out they had plans for it being skirmished with. It was released due to the popularity of the movies.

Well, yes and no.  I've seen Yih Kai (KWA, KSC OEM) used better materials.  The 1st batch of KWA MK23 NS2 was using a combination of fiber nylon and heavy plastic for the lower frame.  The problem is with Nylon is hard to control shrinkage and there were a lot of rejects.  No secondary process and save it.  

And speaking of old Auto-9.  My co-worker brought his old version for me to compare.  As you can see quite a bit of details are missing on the current production.

Old (Left) New (Right)

post-11803-0-41269900-1471473926_thumb.jpgpost-11803-0-89134400-1471473946_thumb.jpg

Archived