EMG SAI Licensed S&W M&P 9

Safeword

It's just an SAI stylized Cybergun/VFC Smith & Wesson M&P9 licensed by EMG. http://www.emgarms.com/62331/

Surely it will have all the perks of any VFC pistol. Stunning externals to look at and photograph, decent shooting experience, but poor internals and questionable durability :(

EMG as I read on the site linked above is Evike Manufacturing Group :o

EMG (Evike Manufacturing Group) was established in 2014 with a mission to create the ultimate training weapons for law enforcement, military training, and war-game simulations.

Someone told me that one of the owners of Evike and/or EMG has some sort of ties with, or partial ownership in Salient Arms International and that is why they are getting these licenses. Not exactly sure on the specifics but there is some connection.

Hence the officially licensed APS CAM870 SAI, GRY rails and muzzle brakes etc.

EVIKE is one if not the biggest airsoft dealer (depending who you ask) in the USA. They have many in house brands (angel custom, 6mm pro shop etc etc) and many rebrands (matrix)

SAI is a terrible company IRL to deal with and are getting kicked left and right by ZEV and now the new kid AGENCY.  Their only fame is in airsoft.. their products are dumped hard by owners lately, looking to unload before prices crash even more. They will license anything for $ at this point

EVIKE is one if not the biggest airsoft dealer (depending who you ask) in the USA. They have many in house brands (angel custom, 6mm pro shop etc etc) and many rebrands (matrix)

SAI is a terrible company IRL to deal with and are getting kicked left and right by ZEV and now the new kid AGENCY. Their only fame is in airsoft.. their products are dumped hard by owners lately, looking to unload before prices crash even more. They will license anything for $ at this point

Angle customs is also a rebrand of other parts.

Has that 9ball feel to some of the parts.

Evike rebrands a lot of stuff

Got any links to back that up?  It's just they (SAI) seem to be doing pretty OK.

Links to a private holding? No, you wont find those. just look at the market and the going prices on stuff with 100 rounds through it or so. don't look at dealers. look at users unloading them.

• 2 months later...

Well I just bought one from Evike with a couple of spare magazines..my only other option was the C02 Kwc M&P 9. I figure I can get a standard VFC M&P for spare parts if needed and my PPQ's (I have 4 of them) are all working really well and I've had them for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Pistol arrived and I've managed to put some BB's downrange. After checking out what little there is on video regarding this pistol, I got the FDE version with "Titanium" colored slide and black barrel. The finish on the barrel of the black version does not appear to hold up that well after minimal shooting. Fit and finish of the slide and frame is really pretty good. Finish on the barrel does wear quickly, but not as badly as it appears to on the gold colored barrel of the black version.

I fired approximately 300 shots of .25's and the pistol did function flawlessly. Trigger is nice and the reset is very short. Sights are just "ok". Unless you have blazing light hitting the top of the pistol, forget about any fiber optic wonderfulness. I would have been happier with some decent painted white dot sights. Sight picture is actually quite good as long as your not going to depend on the fiber optics and were right on target for the pistol. Less than hand sized groupings were the norm at 50 feet and regular hits on a plastic gallon milk container at 90 feet was not difficult at all. The hop-up was effective, but in my experience, it takes awhile for it to really set. FPS appeared to be in the 290 range and maybe with .20's it will hit the 300+ mark. The slide movement was quick and snappy. 

The pistol was initially difficult to disassemble, however, after the shooting this became much easier. Reassembly on mine was fine until I tried to flip the disassembly lever back into the firing position. After numerous tries, I found that the by shaking the pistol a bit, with the slide locked open, the lever could then be moved right into position. Who can figure!

The pistol would not fit in any of my G17 Black Hawk holsters. However it fits like a glove in my leather Galco A18 Large Frame holster. This holster has been one of my favorite carry holsters for years and also handles my airsoft VFC/Umarex PPQ and ASG/KJW P09 Duty pistols as well. As it is lined, it also protects the finish.

I've applied the large grip panel as it feels more comfortable in my hand. Medium was not bad but the small is useless for me.

My single real issue with the pistol is the slide release. While it is ambi and made out of steel (according to a magnet), the surface area to activate it is just OK and I will have to see how it does while wearing shooting gloves. Something along the line of the Glock extended slide release would seem to be in order here. I am particular to the PPQ in this area.

Overall I find the EMG SAI S&W M&P 9 as being pretty well done. However, as always, time will tell.

Looks like you can replace the optic fiber in the sights, considering you're in the States you should be able to get RS quality optic fiber easily.

Just need a way to take them out and measure the correct size, probably 1.5mm ( vs. more common 1/16" ones found on RS sights ).

I might give it a try. However the inserts are not round tubes, they have been made flat across the tops of the sights (they sit flush) so I'm not even sure I can get them out. I'll have to take them off the pistol and see if they can be removed from the bottom. Not that big a deal anyway.

Archived