ASG Cz 805 Bren released into the wilds

Lone_Bullet

Kinda want, but why didn't they go for the cz 806 instead? The scuttlebutt is that the 805 was very poorly recieved by Czech troops in Afghanistan and they wanted it improved because it was:

1) Too bloody heavy

2) Had horrible ergonomics (in particular, the cocking handle, selector and stock were apparently incredibly uncomfortable)

3) Didn't take STANAG mags

4) Had no bolt hold open

5) Thick as a Brexit voter

The biggest issue for Airsoft will be that magazine - having propietary magazines will be a massive negative point for this system, especially as the EVO magazines were pretty expensive and not even half the size of these.

There's an Evike video in which they talk about possibly supplying it with a STANAG magwell fitted as an option for the US market.  Time will tell what they decided.

So you have to remove the stock to get at the battery?

Another one for the "Why doesn't this have the same features as the Scorpion EVO3A1?" list. It's a clean-sheet design with proprietary magazines; they had to design everything from scratch anyway, so why not include the features that make the EVO3A1 so desirable?

They are marketing them at the kids who play speedsoft. The scorpion while nice, will never be of value to collectors since its not gas, and is too expensive at 450/400$ (before tax/shipping) for the typical aeg buyer who looks at 150-180$ range. A lot of the regulars  are now moving towards polarstar anyway for gaming rigs. Still see systemas around as well.

So with this ASG is trying to capture the mass market. Will probably sell actually. Its all about entry price. EVO's price is too high for an electric. This hobby typically works better with upgrades since people can spread the cost out. They balk at a high up front cost but will pour money little by little into stuff to upgrade. Im actually the same way myself so I can relate. 

Next up should be their proper dan Wesson revolver series. Those were also announced and shown in 2015.

They are marketing them at the kids who play speedsoft. The scorpion while nice, will never be of value to collectors since its not gas, and is too expensive at 450/400$ (before tax/shipping) for the typical aeg buyer who looks at 150-180$ range. A lot of the regulars  are now moving towards polarstar anyway for gaming rigs. Still see systemas around as well.

So with this ASG is trying to capture the mass market. Will probably sell actually. Its all about entry price. EVO's price is too high for an electric. This hobby typically works better with upgrades since people can spread the cost out. They balk at a high up front cost but will pour money little by little into stuff to upgrade. Im actually the same way myself so I can relate. 

Next up should be their proper dan Wesson revolver series. Those were also announced and shown in 2015.

Speedsofters?

With a bulky, unergonomic AEG which will be expensive and take propietary magazines?

Instead of, say, a Krytac CRB or a G&P mini whatever the *fruitcage* they call it M4 thing. Or an A&K stubby M4. Or a JG Stubby M4.

Yeeeeeah. Of course. Speedsofters.

They are not marketing the BREN for speedsoft. What on earth man...

The EVO is £300 at the moment. Bren is £350. So not really more expensive. But the EVO should be £400 instead though.

ASG is a huge distributor of many products. They already have a market. This is just another product in their lineup. It's not much different than their other stuff. It's not like they sell BB's, EVO's and now a BREN. They have hundreds of other AEG's, of all price ranges.

Speedsofters?

With a bulky, unergonomic AEG which will be expensive and take propietary magazines?

Instead of, say, a Krytac CRB or a G&P mini whatever the *fruitcage* they call it M4 thing. Or an A&K stubby M4. Or a JG Stubby M4.

Yeeeeeah. Of course. Speedsofters.

Irrelevant of what makes sense in the field, the target buyers are not much for sense. they are impulse buyers that just want new toys. cheap toys ensure purchase.  and speedsoft is mega popular with anyone under 20 since it suits small bodies and high energy levels perfectly.

old people like me and id presume you start thinking about weight and lugging stuff around and bending etc.  then again, my primary is a 20lbs G36 so there you have it. much speedsoft in my future :)

They are not marketing the BREN for speedsoft. What on earth man...

The EVO is £300 at the moment. Bren is £350. So not really more expensive. But the EVO should be £400 instead though.

ASG is a huge distributor of many products. They already have a market. This is just another product in their lineup. It's not much different than their other stuff. It's not like they sell BB's, EVO's and now a BREN. They have hundreds of other AEG's, of all price ranges.

They are going for the American market.  There they are a nobody and have been trying hard to market themselves. All they have is the EVO, the rest are rebrands and the gas pistols they have KJ make for them (among others).

The EVO is highly overpriced compared to the sub 200$ guns people favor. That's why you see this drastic feature cutting. They have to if they want to sell any decent numbers. I was addressing shocks as to why they cut features out of the bren they had on the evo out the door. So I explained why.

And if you aren't marketing for speedsoft you are literally clueless as a company. speedsoft aka CQB (what cqb has turned into) is the most popular mode with places popping up all over. So of course they will be marketing to that segment. Why do you even think they have A2 and A1 versions? Barrel lengths :)

Irrelevant of what makes sense in the field, the target buyers are not much for sense. they are impulse buyers that just want new toys. cheap toys ensure purchase.  and speedsoft is mega popular with anyone under 20 since it suits small bodies and high energy levels perfectly.

old people like me and id presume you start thinking about weight and lugging stuff around and bending etc.  then again, my primary is a 20lbs G36 so there you have it. much speedsoft in my future :)

This is still not going to be a cheap AEG. Furthermore, as ASG import AEGs from other manufacturers at a variety of price points, they aren't desperate to break into the low cost side of the market, because they are already in there.

As for the jibe about my age, I'm 27 and I habitually run an RPK74m as an assault rifle for *suitcases* and giggles whilst aggressively running and gunning. I have no idea why you might think everyone under 20 gravitates towards speedsoft. I personally hate it and love outdoor games with objectives and varied terrain.

They are going for the American market.  There they are a nobody and have been trying hard to market themselves. All they have is the EVO, the rest are rebrands and the gas pistols they have KJ make for them (among others).

The EVO is highly overpriced compared to the sub 200$ guns people favor. That's why you see this drastic feature cutting. They have to if they want to sell any decent numbers. I was addressing shocks as to why they cut features out of the bren they had on the evo out the door. So I explained why.

And if you aren't marketing for speedsoft you are literally clueless as a company. speedsoft aka CQB (what cqb has turned into) is the most popular mode with places popping up all over. So of course they will be marketing to that segment. Why do you even think they have A2 and A1 versions? Barrel lengths :)

1) Going for the american market with a gun which doesn't take STANAG magazines, is pretty much unknown outside of the Czech republic and is produced in the EU and therefore going to be more expensive to import than your standard ACM ######? Right.

2) The EVO sold pretty damn well, particularly as it was marketed as being a premium quality product with features you wouldn't find on other standard AEGs, which was why people wanted to buy the damn things. Otherwise, it was essentially a bulkier, plasticy MP5k-esque SMG with harder to get magazines.

3) Sources for your claim of speedsoft's ascendency? There are now more large-scale milsim events each year than there have ever been. Even in Hong Kong, land of the spambrick drum-mag permanent magdump *fruitcage*wankery, the fastest growing section of the market is GBBrs and there are more and more Milsim styled games being organised. The single most popular arena in Hong Kong in terms of player numbers per weekend was W28's outdoor 'Container tower', with it's mix of outdoor and two-story buildings. Not a speedsoft arena. Not in the slightest.

4) The A2 carbine variant is still huge and bulky compared to an MP5k or a stubby M4, takes propietary magazines which don't fit in standard mag pouches and have the ergonomic graces of an encephalitic gorilla. Why would anyone ever take this over a stubby m4, especially when you can get a good stubby M4 for less than half the price?

Archived