PTS Syndicate MegaArms CQB GBBR

DiscoBiscuit

It's just a kwa, so that means you'd have to replace much to be as reliable as the ghk.

The ghk with devilhunter mod gets all the time usability.

Not saying the KWA is tops, but you seem to be the only one bashing it like it's your job. If anyone else has more (specific) negative input on the KWA I'd like to hear it, though I don't think anyone wants a GBBR comparative showdown here.

Not saying the KWA is tops, but you seem to be the only one bashing it like it's your job. If anyone else has more (specific) negative input on the KWA I'd like to hear it, though I don't think anyone wants a GBBR comparative showdown here.

I don't do it near as often as you make it out to be and for the money it's not worth it.

You make it sound like I go to every kwa topic in this forum and bash when I don't.

That's why I said it's just a kwa, which means usually upgrades are required to make it worth it and the mag's are overpriced.

The included fixed front and rear sights are decent but are for the most part there to tie people over till they decide what flip up sights to switch to. The new PTS flip up sights are pretty nice, but I'm partial to them as I was part of the development process.

I don't do it near as often as you make it out to be and for the money it's not worth it.

You make it sound like I go to every kwa topic in this forum and bash when I don't.

That's why I said it's just a kwa, which means usually upgrades are required to make it worth it and the mag's are overpriced.

Every similar topic I've come across I find you on KWA (and others) and bowing down before the GHK like it's the second coming. You own a GHK, that's great, but it makes you a subjective observer unless you have specific experience with issues concerning other brands. You're generalizing and proselytizing: "its not worth it", "you have to replace much to make it as reliable as the GHK". That isn't helpful to folks trying to make an informed decision. I don't see anyone else saying this. Are you a GBBR tech? What exactly is wrong with the KWA platform?

I had a kwa LM4 and it was trash. It ruined 3 hopup chambers in normal use, couldnt hold a zero after 2 mags and the receiver started separating. I dropped it like a bad habit after only a few months just due to the money it cost to replace bits that kept breaking. Ive owned a lot of gbb M4s and it was by far the worst.

So, no, its not just him.

I had a KWA Magpul M4, when I had it fantastic bar the hop was a little hit and miss. However performed excellently in all weather conditions, solid powerful recoil, good gas consumption as well. Sold it to a mate who has fitted a 3D Printed hop chamber that accepts AEG rubbers, shoots like a laser now and damn far. 

Only thing that is a paint in the *albatross*! Is this little 'tab' thing on the BCG, it effectively keeps the nozzle straight, but when pulling the bolt out it just falls out and thus really easy to loose!

For what it's worth the Hong Kong airsoft IPSC champion's 3gun AR is a KSC/KWA with thousands upon thousands of rounds he uses for competition and practices... granted I don't know how much work he's put into it (likely a lot), but as much as I'm a GHK fanboy, I think many people have testified positively to the KSC/KWA that it must be a pretty viable platform too. 

I had a kwa LM4 and it was trash. It ruined 3 hopup chambers in normal use, couldnt hold a zero after 2 mags and the receiver started separating. I dropped it like a bad habit after only a few months just due to the money it cost to replace bits that kept breaking. Ive owned a lot of gbb M4s and it was by far the worst.

So, no, its not just him.

That's more like it. What year was it? Seems like the first years for all of these platforms (except maybe the KJW) were rough.

Every similar topic I've come across I find you ###### on KWA (and others) and bowing down before the GHK like it's the second coming. You own a GHK, that's great, but it makes you a subjective observer unless you have specific experience with issues concerning other brands. You're generalizing and proselytizing: "its not worth it", "you have to replace much to make it as reliable as the GHK". That isn't helpful to folks trying to make an informed decision. I don't see anyone else saying this. Are you a GBBR tech? What exactly is wrong with the KWA platform?

I've been told to pound sand on brand new guns that never worked out of the box.

I over paid for something that is supposed to be the best and world class least lemon rate.

My we's work like new never failed.

My ghk runs flawlessly

My tm m870 was horrible, had a USP and an sr10 that never worked as intended.

For the prices I spent I was still leary of buying the ghk but it didn't disappoint like 99% of everything I read.

Our local many bought into kwa and regretted it as they then spent more than double to get it to work.

They too got told to pound sand, at least with we you knew what you got into and the price you wouldn't care if you spent more than double to get it like you wanted because the initial cost was low.

I've bought used working we guns and they ran like new, why should I ever suggest someone buy a kwa product?

On the issue of KWA... wasn't the kriss vector literally the most bulletproof gun ever? There have been reports of it with 20000 rounds and virtually 0 wear on the parts posted..

I haven't had issue with my KWAs. then again, I don't have issues with anything that doesn't run CO2

Yep. Had mine since a year after release, been my primary and seen at least 15K through if not more. The paint is still on the internals, quick clean and it would look almost brand new. Never failed, never skipped a beat just goes. Gets a lil twitchy in the cold but other than that it really is bullet proof. 

Even the hop is good. Perfect range and accuracy for a tiny barrel and KWAs hop system. 

Equally the LM4 I had, which I sold to a mate, looks very similar internally. Very minor wear throughout. 

The vector is a beauty, Defo my favourite airsoft gun ever created!! The only bad thing about the kwa m4 is the split upper receiver that is now one peece on most if not all there designs. Lack recoil a little bit as well but work great and look great!!

I've been told to pound sand on brand new guns that never worked out of the box.

They didn't honor the warranty? That's bad. The retailer should have stepped up to deal with that; in fact, if there was a warranty that wasn't honored the retailer should have eaten the cost entirely. The KRISS issue with Vector worried me about KWA as it seemed to cast KWA in kind of a sleazy light, but it's hard to piece together exactly what happened there; everybody lost when they stopped making those. The Vector, like someone said below, was top notch which gives me some confidence that they can put together a solid product. My hope is that because this rifle isn't KWA branded they will be held to a high standard by PTS, just as they probably were by KRISS.

They didn't honor the warranty? That's bad. The retailer should have stepped up to deal with that; in fact, if there was a warranty that wasn't honored the retailer should have eaten the cost entirely. The KRISS issue with Vector worried me about KWA as it seemed to cast KWA in kind of a sleazy light, but it's hard to piece together exactly what happened there; everybody lost when they stopped making those. The Vector, like someone said below, was top notch which gives me some confidence that they can put together a solid product. My hope is that because this rifle isn't KWA branded they will be held to a high standard by PTS, just as they probably were by KRISS.

I and several were told to pound sand.

I'll never touch a kwa/KSC with a 19foot pole even if it's something I want.

I'll wait for ghk, we, or even vfc to give me what I want.

Vfc is making a "ar10", I want it but I'm no fan of vfc, our lgs has a kwa they would show off with mag dumps and it sounded like *suitcase* the entire time.

Click clack of parts falling off.

It fell off, fell off, fell the *fruitcage* off.

Many even had vfc m&p, failed, won't touch it even if they make a proper g1 shield(thumb safety).

A lot of people had the vfc m&p fail on them, kwa ksc have had great products, including the g19 and the amazing vector, but also some not so great IMO. But I like kwa and this ar looks great, the trigger and receiver are cool!!

There isn't a product in airsoft where one example hasn't served a person perfectly where another example hasn't failed someone miserably.  If you completely generalise, you're a complete idiot.  My KWAs are very good, not perfect, but the steel internals in particular hold up extremely well and for me, most importantly, all of my mags have been 100% leak free for years now and completely solid.  If I hadn't invested so heavily in the platform I'd probably go GHK, but after losing so much money on the WOCs I wouldn't want to change again when the KWA and GHK are fairly close overall (imho).

For me the MEGA guns are a little on the chunky side, I prefer stuff more cut down, but after handling various PTS iterations of the LM4 at SHOT I've only good feelings about the build quality overall.  Also very nice to see a company making guns that actually resemble real ones these days and I'm glad they've finally gotten around to getting this shorter version made after mentioning it when the 14.5" model first came out.  We had a lot of shooters come by when I was standing on the PTS booth with uscm, guys who'd basically no experience with airsoft, and they were all really quite genueinly surprised when we told them the LM4s weren't actual AR-15s.  Not saying you wouldn't have that with a lot of other brands of GBBr, but I tend to think that's a good indicator overall.

Archived