A&K Kriss AEG

ShinSeiki

Soooo glad I got a couple of kwa vectors when they were available. think this platform needs to be GBB to show off the bolt travel design. Also this version is terrible looking.

Any chance you got a spare one? I'm in need of a KWA Vector, especially after seeing this topic :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much the only gun that only they made, that was decent.  They need to sort out whatever the issue is with the OEM and start churning them out again.  It's not like they don't need the money.

Why it used special mags not KWA Glock mags was always something I never understood I'd like to shoot a real one some day just to see if the recoil system is as groundbreaking as they say it is

The KWA Kriss Vector was based on the real Vector which was a .45 ACP platform. KWA Glock mags are designed based off the 9mm Glock mags dimensions. There's actually a surprising amount of dimensional difference between the small and large framed Glock mags (IRL). That said, the Glock part of the mag is essentially hidden within the mag well when inserted into the gun. It's plausible that they could have used the long KWA Glock/ATP mags and wrapped the part that sticks out the gun in the larger aesthetically correct mag shroud. But then again, they had approached this platform as a new product and the engineers didn't want to be overly burdened by what came before. Plus for every one person that wished this was compatible with current KWA/KSC ATP/Glock mags you probably would have seen an equal number complaining that the mags didn't quite look right since they were undersized on top. And it's also entirely likely that KWA was wanting to move away from the Glock platform as much as possible due to prior issues with Glock IP.

I've shot the real Vector a decent amount on semi, burst and full auto, suppressed and unsurpressed. Personally I'm not a fan. I have found the internal mechanism doesn't do much to mitigate recoil. Comparing the Vector 9mm to the H&K MP5 and MPSD (I've also shot quite a bit of the MP5) I have found the recoil impulse of the MP5 is in fact en par, if not, easier to control than the Vector. And the MP5 is 50 year old technology. But that said, the Vector is a cool looking gun, and regardless of my personal feelings of the real thing, I still plan to buy a Krytac Vector AEG when it comes out.

Why it used special mags not KWA Glock mags was always something I never understood I'd like to shoot a real one some day just to see if the recoil system is as groundbreaking as they say it is

IJN IV messaged you found a link selling one for not a too stupid price

This infuriates me to no end.

The Glocks are 9mm. The mags are about 25% slimmer.

The Kriss is .45 the mags are much larger.

Simple as that.

Ive fired the real Kriss a few times, it really is fantastic. Even on full auto with that massive .45 there is next to no muzzle climb. There is a fair bit of lateral movement that thats what the foregrip helps control.

Single shot it hardly moves, same on burst.

Ill dig out my targets when i get back, see how close the groupings are on auto.

On my phone, my spelling will suck

Please don't say KSC cqn't make good products. The KSC glock was one of the first GBB that was known for it's cold weather capabilities back in what, 2007? The KSC MP9 is a awesome little CQB GBB with a loud report and is quite reliable and very useable out of the box. They won't blow you away, but then what does?

Yeah, don't get wrong, they make some good stuff.  I have a KSC G18 and I've always wanted a TMP and MK23 but in the world of TM, their stuff has to be really good to compete.  I'm sure most people would just buy the TM one. 

Of course this is where my second point comes into play, if only KSC make it; TMP, MK23 e.t.c. they'll get good sales.  But if TM comes out with a TMP and a MK23, are people still going to buy the KSC ones? (assuming TMs are good) Probably not.  Plus, Umarex have ruined the MK23 :(

Please don't say KSC cqn't make good products. The KSC glock was one of the first GBB that was known for it's cold weather capabilities back in what, 2007? The KSC MP9 is a awesome little CQB GBB with a loud report and is quite reliable and very useable out of the box. They won't blow you away, but then what does?

Their Glock are a pale shadow to Marui. Maybe not in terms of build quality (the HW KSC Glocks are beautiful) but Marui makes a more user friendly hop up. C'mon, KSC hop up sucks, it's the most infuriating piece of fiddly sh#t that I ever used. I would rather deal with WA's old R-type adjustable hop, because at least I can locktight the screw. And don't even get me started on their mags; while my SP2022 is holding up, my Glocks (which I sold), My USP S7 (which I sold), my CZ75 (which I sold) and my M93r all leaked from the fill valve. I soaked the o rings in silicone, but alas, after awhile it became worse. I just replaced all the o-rings altogether in the mags.

What about their HK45? Those were a hit or a miss, which for 175 USD seems like a lot for a casual player to gamble on. It just seems like KSC is the bottom of the barrel in their quality control, but flawless in build qaulity. So, I totally agree hitmanNo2 statement.

As for KSC's Glock 19, those had problems with shattered hammers and sears.

Theres very little Umarex on the Mk23, just a small cal 6mm on the frame in dark grey.

As for the HK45s bar the occasional double feed issue on a small batch ive never heard anything bad about them.

I wouldnt buy a Marui TMP, i did not like the TM Mp7 at all in comparison to the KWA. Just didnt feel or loon right to me, plus the recoil was so much less than the KWA.

Forgot about the KWAMP7 which was equally excellent once you swapped out the hope rubber. Mine was flawless, only sold it because the Kriss came out. Also was more accurate and outranged the TM, at least every one i came across.

What ever happens this Kriss is just a joke.

On my phone, my spelling will suck

Does the re-supply* of KWA gas mags mean that the SMG45 is in the works, or are they just continuing to "support" the Kriss?  *Note that these were added to the ASGI website on July 15, 2016.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=smg45&inc_subcat=&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&x=0&y=0

I remember something about them keeping the production of the mags, just unlabeled. Someone more knowledgeable will surely chime in.

On the KSC matter, the second pistol I ever bought was a 226 that I still have. My first purchase was a TM Tactical Master that I sold quite quickly. For me, there's something quite unsatisfactory about plastic on plastic action, even when the performance OOTB is stellar.

The thing is there is a 9mm kriss vector and from my point of view it would make much more sense to produce the 9mm version. I totally get the version produced was the 45 and needs the large frame Glock magazines.

The thing that disappoints me is there's still no large frame Glock available in airsoft a combination of a vector in 9mm and a small frame Glock such as the 17 would be cool what would be even cooler is for the 45acp vector and a Glock 41 mos would be even better (the long slide competition gun with the slide milled for an RDS like the mini doctor)

I hated every small frame Glock iv ever shot and found the 21 in 45acp much nicer to shoot than the .40 Glock pistols dunno why but it's just something iv always thought it's probably more to do with the calibre than the pistol but the small frame glocks are just unpleasant. I do have a soft spot for the 10mm gun because loaded with the underwood or buffalo bore heavyweight 10mm they are just ludicrously good fun and pack a real punch.

What bankz said. By the time of the KWA Kriss release, the 9mm version hadn't even been announced AFAIK.

The small framed Glocks (9mm and .40 cal) was designed for the 9mm round. Which is why so many of the .40 cal Gen 3's failed when Glock forced that round onto the smaller frame (for comparison, the M&P was designed for the .40 cal from the get go because that was what LE was predominantly using at the time, so it handled the 9mm no problem).

The likely reason why you prefer the .45 over the .40 is because the .40 is simply an unpleasant caliber to shoot in comparison. Factory .40 cal recoil is snappy and fast. I see more shooters have flinch/anticipation issues with .40 cal Glock/M&P/XD than they do with the same guns in 9mm and .45 ACP. When every hit counts, you can't miss fast enough. But let's be honest, this is Airsoft. It's really all about looks and the "illusion" of what you have. A .45 ACP Airsoft Kriss Vector will always be cooler than a 9mm Airsoft Kriss Vector. =D

I dearly hope that is just poor proto. So many things wrong with it.

Back when A&K was marketing the pirate-Masada they sent out two guns to ACM stores to snap pics and mess around.

Both guns ended up with collector and now the black one resides in my collection.

It's clearly more "rough cut" and won't fit all parts that would fit the regular A&K version.

While it's a "bit off" there and here, it's not as horrid as that Vector

I hope Krytac deals with this poor counterfeit thing quickly. Kriss RS is too amazing piece of engineering to be ruined by A&K production quality ... Definitely my hopes lie with Krytac making GBB after they are done releasing the AEG. I got my lucky hands on the original KWA but I hope for the rest of GBB lover community ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not hard to do so shouldn't be missed off I mean there's Chinese manufactured mp5s that do it natively and a vfc that does it without a fet or electronics

VFC had the idea from the TM Type 89.

What about the Krytac version?

Also will be seeing a huge mark up for that one for EU customers.

Archived