Ares/Begadi/Otto Repa SOC-SLR

Greenmeance

I'll give Begadi/Ares credit, it's an odd approach to replicate a sniper rifle as unheard of as this. There's more pics of this prototype, than of the real steel online.

Well, if you have a big enough of a sac and the money, why not?

If you whinge enough about ARs (presuming you meant 15?), all the big manufacturers will stop caring about turning a profit and listen to you.

That's what I heard anyway.

My point is that we should be happy that companies are ready to offer new and "exotic" replicas to the marketbase, rather than releasing the nth replica of a weapon which has been done to death. It's nice to have a huge selection of something (I have one myself) plus related accessoires and it's the unfortunate truth that ARs are what's keeping manufacturers afloat, but I'm happy to see companies like WE or Ares (I know...) trying to provide different options.

Relax dude.

I have an Idea. How about we build replica's that just... Work really well and are not replicating any real world couterpart? Just practical, functioning airsoft guns. Afterwards we can try and spend RnD money on cramming that tech in a body that has a couterpart.

Like the VSR, you know?

Or am I living in a differend reality?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Or am I living in a differend reality?

Probably a bit.. sorta.. 

I mean the VSR isn't exactly dissimilar to a lot of common bolt action rifles and given how similar a lot of those are in appearance, plus the way the VSR functions, I'd not really put it in the 'pure function over form' category myself.

How much demand there is in the market for fictional stuff I couldn't exactly say.  I mean the Thundermaul and the UAR sold a few, but there aren't that many examples of purely fictional-looking airsoft guns and the fact they're not often made is probably an indicator as to what the people want.  I think right now we're in a bit of a weird middle ground because the most common weapons are plastic M4-ish things and the average AR AEG is a lot less faithful to a firearm than it was say 5 years ago.  But despite the details being different, people do seem to mostly still want 'an M4' or 'an AK' in the broad sense, rather than a made up weapon.  Most people still want to wear camo and a cool plate carrier.  There's the speedsofters in their paintball gear and Dye i4s with HPA rigs at every site who don't give a damn about looks and run 3" barrel plastic ARs for pure practicality, but I don't massively see that sector expanding tbh.  'Milsim' (in some vague form or another) has been the big thing the past couple of years and it's definitely still the airsoft flavour of the month for now.

'Milsim' (in some vague form or another) has been the big thing the past couple of years and it's definitely still the airsoft flavour of the month for now.

The most disappointing part is even the fictional airsoft guns are meant to appeal to the Milsim. While, I am waiting for something fun or unique. SRU stuff are just the tip of the possibilities.

Let's face it, I will buy it if it interests me aesthetically or technically. While, I can be a little snobby about the qualities of function, it hasn't stopped me from buying *suitcasey* guns, that also are unique.

Making more random stuff with giant/unusual magazines is one of the things I think making fictional designs could appeal to me with, although that flies further away from the market than stuff like the thundermauls that at least could share magazines with your regular ar's.

I swear the Ares director and the G&G one must be best buds and playing poker every weekend to determine who gets to make the next unusual replica.

Archived