RA-TECH x WE updated 1911 Springfield TRP

blobface

14141760-10153837933402584-3111526980199

I wouldn't have made this a news post if it weren't for the fact that this isn't another KJ steel gun, but it will be based on the (afaik) yet to be released updated 1911 system with larger nozzle diameter. It emphasises on forged steel CNC slide and frame (in Chinese on their FB group), meaning the annoying slide catch notch wearing might be less likely... so I have quite a bit of faith in this, it should work even on green gas, and it's anyone's guess whether there will be CO2 mags for the new WE 1911s (or whether it's backwards compatible thus being able to use KJW CO2 mags)

Calling it at $1200 USD no CO2 as they will rely on the larger gas cylinder volume. NonExstrodamus :D

Wonder which parts they will skip having in steel on this one... (Still sour after my RA Kimber which was advertised as "full steel" but was anything but...).

Never getting anything RA steel again, bleh!  :no:

But yes, it does look nice.

Calling it at $1200 USD no CO2 as they will rely on the larger gas cylinder volume. NonExstrodamus :D

Wonder which parts they will skip having in steel on this one... (Still sour after my RA Kimber which was advertised as "full steel" but was anything but...).

Never getting anything RA steel again, bleh!  :no:

But yes, it does look nice.

Pretty much my thoughts. That said, I never really had any issues with the WE 1911 mags other than the low ammo count (get more!) and the mag sides swelling if left stored full of gas during the summer. How that works with the new BBU/nozzle plus the steel slide is going to be interesting (for some one else.. :) )

If you checked the Springfield's official website, they have 3 versions, this one, a railed one, and a full railed one (where the rail goes all the way to line up with the muzzle.)

I'm hoping they will release all the frames for different options, but personally I'm happy with this non-rail for some slightly more old school look. 

Ok sorry for double post but just got the go ahead to tell you guys something amazing. A co2 stainless steel Kimber with advanced inner frame and all steel components for under a grand. It comes in s kit. Want more info and pictures?? Let me know!!!!!!!!!! ASAP as only 50 are being made and need to order a co2 version. At the moment mine is the only co2 version being made!!

So, I am wondering, if this thing is based on WE internals... WE pot metal 1911 internals vs. forged steel slide, frame and barrel... o_O

At least with a KJW base you knew you could replace the stuff with TM compatible steel parts. Who knows what spec. these new WEs are.

Yeah shame it's most likely going to be silly money and in a few cases more money then some RS 1911's I know we can have long barrel 1911's here in the UK, but still I think the price airsoft manufacturers charge for there steel airsoft pistols is silly,, it is lush and I would love one but would not pay no more then £450..

Lol might as well just build a ultimate Hi-Capa, oh hand on I am haha

Happy shooting all :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived