Guarder / IntruderShop next target for Glock/Cybergun lawyers? :o

NonEx

This is pure speculation at this point, however...

I have been frequenting the Guarder/IntruderShop website (http://www.intrudershop.com/) a lot the past two months when looking at stuff for my custom Glock 19 GEN3 GBB build.

I went there just now to look at some pics of how the dang extractor goes in the slide, and there have been some significant changes to the product catalog for the Glock parts.

Google Images has decided to mess with access to direct URLs so I can't post any pics, but whatever.

Here: http://www.intrudershop.com/categories_eng.asp?main_idcategory=39

The product category was previously called "GLOCK series" or something like that, it definitely had the name in it.

Now it is called "G17/18C/19/26/34...Series"

Second thing I noticed is, Guarder previously had the product code system of "GLOCK-###" for the SKU of their Glock series parts. Now they are just "GLK-###"...

I clicked in on about a dozen of the products pages, and there are no friggen markings on any of the reference pictures anymore :o

Example (almost like seeing a human without an actual "face", scares the shiz out of me)

GLOCK-60(BK)-02.jpg

Are they going down? Or are they just trying to stay ahead?

I am seriously worried. Thank Dog I just got all the major components that I need to complete my build :|

Actually, fekk, I got some marks in the frame during assembly so need to get a new one of those ASAP!

Let me know if you have heard anything or know what's up...

Glock x Cyberscum = #FML

I just noticed that redwolf had taken down their agency arms slides as well. I wonder if something larger is happening behind the scenes...

This.

We know Glock has been aiming at unlicensed replicas for awhile, it's only a matter of time before they get what they want.

I always hated the feel of a Glock, now I just hate the whole company.

My theory is this...

Cybergun secured the exclusive license with Glock for MLE/LEO replicas based on VFC/Stark Arms Glocks.

They have been working hard ever since to clean up any and all unlicensed replicas on the market.

Once they get to a point where they feel they have cleaned up most of the market of unlicensed replicas, they will release their ultra exclusive, super cool, sought after licensed Glocks to the general public at a generous $200 USD price tag (SA Glocks are about $90 USD...)

... Profit.

Unfortunately since the majority of the airsoft market doesn't really know and/or care about what is actually going on (well, making it sound like something sinister, which it is and isn't. It's their legal right I guess, but they are still *albatrosses*), they will get enough sales to make a nice amount of money off of this.

Gaston Glock is never going to waste his time or money on making airsoft pistols. He's too busy raking in the money from making the actual firearms and "military/police only" training weapons.

If there was any "real" money to be made for them, Glock, Colt, S&W, Hk, Sig, Walther, Ruger etc. etc. etc would already be involved. The airsoft market means nothing to them. The only interest some of them have is the money they made by just signing a piece of paper that sold the trademark rights for a simple check in the mail. 

My theory is this...

Cybergun secured the exclusive license with Glock for MLE/LEO replicas based on VFC/Stark Arms Glocks.

They have been working hard ever since to clean up any and all unlicensed replicas on the market.

Once they get to a point where they feel they have cleaned up most of the market of unlicensed replicas, they will release their ultra exclusive, super cool, sought after licensed Glocks to the general public at a generous $200 USD price tag (SA Glocks are about $90 USD...)

... Profit.

Unfortunately since the majority of the airsoft market doesn't really know and/or care about what is actually going on (well, making it sound like something sinister, which it is and isn't. It's their legal right I guess, but they are still *albatrosses*), they will get enough sales to make a nice amount of money off of this.

Do you tell yourself all that in the mirror or is that some sort of satire? I don't like Glock because a representative actually told me that airsoft and the players of airsoft are "stupid little children".

And frankly, what the *fruitcage* does Glock know or care about airsoft.

Not sure if serious?

Cybergun getting the license for MLE Glocks exclusive for training is a fact. It was revealed that the airsoft guns in question that Cybergun were "producing" under this license were in fact the SA Glocks...

Source: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/215514-cybergun-licensing-glocks-mle-only/ (Cybergun licensing Glocks (MLE only?))

A wave of crackdowns on airsoft Glock replicas started soon after that deal was secured.

So really the only thing not true (theory/speculation at this point) would be the last part about them releasing their licensed pistols to the public...

The crackdown on unlicensed Glock replica being produced since the licensing, yes. Glock caused problems for KSC, causing them to change the trademarks on their guns over a decade ago. It's been in the works by Glock for awhile (over a decade) to stomp out anything that illegally uses their trademarks and likeness.

And yes, that's what I meant as satire, when you mentioned them releasing their own pistols.

Emm stark arms glocks are ######! Just saying, they look great but dont work well and break easily.

still the best ones out there from a realism PoV though and Iv never really seen any problems with them in the uk. I'm not a Glock fan he should have stuck to shovels imo but I may be coloured by the fact I shot the .40 19 equivalent first which is a horrid little gun.

Still the MIL/LEO deal could be good for the guns as it means we may see better QC and stronger guns to legal with the type of round counts and use those kind of customers will expect. So we may get stronger replicas in the future and more brands who are currently anti Airsoft changing their minds. for example I would like a licensed larue OBR heavy or a Tranquilo suppressor but because of the *suitcase* clones out there ML isn't comfortable licensing anything.

But if this Glock/CG deal works and produces something that is decent and sells well we may see more licensed stuff that isn't pants

VFC seem to be improving there products, so may be they will improve the glocks as well. I just sold a stark g17sai, gen 4 g17 and the g42, as I said they look great but work terrible, sluggish, no kick compared to we glock, finish wears to quick end are prone to failures. I'm at the stage now that only the best will do in terms of quality in my collection so the only glock I really desire these days is a full steel guarder build that is set up for co2, once you go co2 you won't go black.

My theory is this...

I think this is very probable. When Glock refused to license replicas, the only people who gave a s*** about unlicensed replicas were Glock themselves, and Glock have much bigger fish to fry (IP infringements by real handgun manufacturers) and no knowledge of the complex world of manufacturers, distributors and retailers that make up the supply side of airsoft. However, now that Cybergun have a license, they are incentivised to eradicate unlicensed replicas. There are two likely motives - first, doing so may be a condition of their licensing agreement with Glock, and second (and much more importantly) unlicensed replicas will eat into Cybergun's projected sales of licensed replicas. I certainly anticipate replicas being marketed to civilians (even though that's not officially on the menu yet) where this would be critically important, but even if airsoft Glocks remain restricted to MIL/LE you can bet that canny LEO distributors will be trying to find cheaper unlicensed alternatives to sell to MIL/LE away from Cybergun's profiteering.

I think it's highly likely that we're going to see Cybergun putting unprecedented and relentless pressure on manufacturers, distributors and retailers to discontinue the manufacture, distribution and sale of Glock replicas.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived