Umarex H&K UMP9

Safeword

Saw this on Ehobby and got interested, but I heard Umarex's UMP45 had a lot of problems and so, is this worth getting? Cant seem to find any spare mags at the moment but I guess the gun and magazines will pop up in other stores soon.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-h-k-ump9-gbb-smb.html#.V9SAxZiLSUk

umarex-gbb-ump9_1_mark.jpg

The G&G AEG is about as good as it can get already. Not even VFC can improve much on that.

First gen G&Gs had double feed issues that is easy to fix.

G&G Uber Machine Guns go sub 200 bucks second hand. I snagged a gen1 for 60 bucks.

If the problem was the magazine on the older 45 model, lets hope they have learned but other than a different shape on this model, ehobby says "Metal Housing UMP 30 rounds Loading Capacity Gas Magazine" while the older 45 says "Nylon Made UMP 25 rounds Loading Capacity Gas Magazine"

And there's no info about it on the Umarex website but on VFC's website it states that the new model also is a 25 round capacity, so kinda hard to find some concrete info on this  :wacko:

tbh I'd always considered the ump9 like an MP5/40 or MP5/10 - something that airsofters say "oh yeah that'd be cool!" (and to be fair, it is), but wouldn't actually buy!

Every airsoft product that isn't an M4 or made in a country with dirt cheap labour rates surely? :P

• 4 weeks later...

It seems fine? I watched it with sound, sounded pretty healthy? The only issue they had was leaky BBs from lack of hop setting, which happens with many GBBR, not a unique problem. 

Yeah I saw it with sound now, was at work so saw it without sound and didn't look good when the bb jumped out the ejection port :P

Archived