Zenitco PR-1 Cap

renegadecow

Zenitco announced on Facebook a new product of theirs called the PR-1 cap. It's supposed to be an aid for cleaning your AK as one end goes on 24mm threads while the other takes your typical PET water bottle to wash off residue when using corrosive ammo. If you've been in this hobby a while you might notice its resemblance to an older adapter but for airsoft: the Madbull Noise Maker. Basically the same thing but for 14mm CCW threads and is intended to make either a loudener or sound suppressor out of the bottle. Now, this is where things can get hairy because it's very much possible to make a working ghetto suppressor out of a plastic bottle even for rifle cartridges like .223 or 5.45x39.

14355039_1244626442267660_72776426182341

The BATFE will come down like a tonne of bricks on this surely? Like that sig muzzle brake that was basically a suppressor without the outer sleeve.  It could be argued this is a suppressor without the sleeve.

Fine for countries with normal suppressor laws but the backwards US ones?  They're asking for trouble. Because, you know.  All those crimes committed with suppressors.

Oh god. There was a US company that made these back in the... 80s, I want to say. Same idea, it was an adapter that screwed onto a muzzle on one end, and a soda bottle on the other. It actually worked as an effective suppressor (as was the manufacturer's unstated intent) and the ATF came down on them like a sack of bricks. One hundred percent unequivocally illegal in the US and it would be a SERIOUSLY bad idea for any Americans to try importing one of these.

Those of you in countries a little less strict about suppressors, well, that's a different story.

Oh god. There was a US company that made these back in the... 80s, I want to say. Same idea, it was an adapter that screwed onto a muzzle on one end, and a soda bottle on the other. It actually worked as an effective suppressor (as was the manufacturer's unstated intent) and the ATF came down on them like a sack of bricks. One hundred percent unequivocally illegal in the US and it would be a SERIOUSLY bad idea for any Americans to try importing one of these.

Those of you in countries a little less strict about suppressors, well, that's a different story.

pKJcvYQm.png

eZF2uNWm.png

g33jKJQm.png

I63Tz5Rm.jpg

vr3Tvyzm.jpg

Pls don't hate me :P 

As if you couldn't just hold the gun vertical and poke the muzzle in to the neck of an empty bottle.. come on now.

I am confused though, Zenitco as in the real parts manufacturer.. they don't have an airsoft division or anything?  I kinda feel like the ruskie SF market who buys all their stuff doesn't need to ghetto mod incredibly *suitcasey* silencers.  I'm obviously missing something so somebody please enlighten the ignorant capitalist dog.

It is what they say it is - the bottle stops solvent/oil from getting on your floor or worktop or whatever.

Their facebook;

This is not a makeshift suppressor kit and attempting to use it in such a capacity may be hazardous to the user's health, and depending on local laws, illegal. This item was made after multiple requests and is very popular among civilian shooters in the Russian Federation and the Czech Republic. Plus, a plastic bottle won't do anything to stifle the sound of a 7.62 or 5.45.

because of the aluminium construction of this cap, it will bloom like a flower if used any other way. The internal cap for the plastic bottle thread obstructs the barrel.

In response to whether it's a ghetto suppressor;

I assure you, it is not, and I'm not even saying so for legal reasons.

We make our own muzzle devices for operatives and possibly a civilian-legal one will be available (only inside of Russian Federation for legal reasons, at least for the near future).

edit:

that's not to say that it wouldn't work. I suppose that it could.

BUT

IMO... if you are buying a piece of machined aluminium from a russian weapons accessory company to attach a water bottle... it isn't "ghetto" anymore haha 

It is what they say it is - the bottle stops solvent/oil from getting on your floor or worktop or whatever

That was what I said, why would you need that?  You're pouring water or oil or some kind of gun cleaner down your barrel so you're holding the gun vertically anyway, you just hold it over a tray or bottle opening or some paper towels.

I do it literally every day in work pouring oil and gun cleaners down rifle barrels that morons haven't pulled through properly and left for months to rot.  Never ever even thought of needing to screw a bottle to the end of the muzzle, would be more hassle if anything, not a help.  I suppose corrosive soviet ammo needs a bit more cleaning but if you're just flushing with water you hold it over a sink or do it outside.. or again, just hold the gun over a tub or bottle, it's really quite incredibly easy.

I'm going to guess there's some common practice in russia I'm not aware of that makes this useful otherwise it wouldn't be getting made.  No idea what though.

they don't have an airsoft division or anything?

When I e-mailed their sales rep regarding airsoft copies, I was told they used to have a replica department early on like 2010 or something but didn't sell well for some reason (Russia distribution only) and they quickly shut it down. They don't mind about the replicas as long as people don't stick them on real guns.

That was what I said, why would you need that?  You're pouring water or oil or some kind of gun cleaner down your barrel so you're holding the gun vertically anyway, you just hold it over a tray or bottle opening or some paper towels.

I do it literally every day in work pouring oil and gun cleaners down rifle barrels that morons haven't pulled through properly and left for months to rot.  Never ever even thought of needing to screw a bottle to the end of the muzzle, would be more hassle if anything, not a help.  I suppose corrosive soviet ammo needs a bit more cleaning but if you're just flushing with water you hold it over a sink or do it outside.. or again, just hold the gun over a tub or bottle, it's really quite incredibly easy.

I'm going to guess there's some common practice in russia I'm not aware of that makes this useful otherwise it wouldn't be getting made.  No idea what though.

apologies i kinda focused on your last para. Think most sane people would agree with you - guess its just a novelty thing 

Archived