WE ARAK-21 AEG

TheFull9

Yeah I get what you mean and the shady language is your issue but the assumption that billet cnc or forgings is better than castings is something that makes me facepaw and has since the start. Not saying you have that assumption of course but its the kind of people that believe that that will lick up this adcopy

This is not really accurate. Something can be adequate (which I agree, pot metal sometimes is) but that does not mean there is nothing better. Steel or good aluminium alloy is better than zinc alloy in every measurable sense except cost - stronger, harder, better able to handle fatigue. Forging or milling from billet is better than casting in every measurable sense except cost - stronger, more precise, less prone to voids or flaws. The only reason to make things out of cast pot metal is that is usually very cheap to do so, and it usually comes with significant downsides.

Hi-Points are a good example. They're cheap and reasonably reliable, but their crude straight-blowback action and low-density pot-metal construction means they're comically huge and heavy for their capacity - a flush-fitting magazine gives you a pathetic 8+1rds in a gun that measures 171mm long and weighs 709g unloaded; for comparison, a Glock 19 fits 15+1rds into a package just 16mm longer (and 20% slimmer and 39g lighter) despite having more than half an inch more barrel.

hk hates the us market and thinks their *suitcase* is made of God.

This is rubbish that has been debunked repeatedly. It's not that HK 'hates America', it's that German export laws have become extremely restrictive when it comes to firearms. HK are not allowed to export guns (or even the designs of guns) Americans want to buy, and have had to do serious redesigns at no little expense just to try and sell Americans guns (e.g. the new SP-5K) even though they know they have to compete against other companies (e.g. Zenith) who aren't bound by the same restrictions.

Come now, I've seen this done tons of times.  Pot metal is mostly alu right?  Plenty of these cheaper brands call that 'good enough' to bang on about "CNC'd aluminium" in their ads, even though it's just standard cast zamac finished on a machine

Sometimes not even finished on a CNC machine, I remember the JG G3 RS kit I bought many years ago that was claimed to be 'CNC' and it was blatently cast, from a very poor quality alloy with no signs of machine finishing to be seen, if they were doing any machining on it then I bet it was limited to power tapping threads, without a jig though because they were wonky!

My bets would also be on machine finished for this AEG, ICS M4 metal receivers are machine finished for example but only very lightly on parts which need to fit well against another part, they could legitimately say they've received some CNC machining but it's a world away from machined-from-billet in terms of overall quality, expense and material grade.

It's also worth noting that many RS AR receivers are just machined finished, although generally from a forging which has an even better grain structure than aluminium billets and the bonus of much less material to remove, but extra tooling costs to get the forgings in the first place.

That'd all just be a technicality but unfortunately a lot of consumers have no idea that CNC machine finished from a cheap mass produced casting is really not the same as fully machined from a billet/solid bar so it's not uncommon for manufacturers like me who only machine from billet/bar to get emails from people complaining that our products are more expensive than something that might have had a breif handshake with a machine to pull a few critical dimensions closer to tolerance.

The whole thing of claiming something is made from aluminium is a bit of an annoyance too, for a start you'd not want anything made from pure aluminium and unless they're stating what grade they're using it could be anything, you'll generally notice that manufacturers who fully machine parts aren'y shy about saying what grade of material is being used so I always think the absense of that is a bit suspicious.

But hey, what do I know :P

Not really, no.  For starters while there is a lot of casting it's from proper aluminium, not airsoft pot metal.  Casting decent aluminium is, as already mentioned, much more expensive to do.

Secondly, the cheapest AR receivers are cast, better ones are forged, the quality brands are machined from billet.  What the ratio is of each I've no idea, but bargain-basement ARs are a fairly new (comparatively) phenomenon and would most likely make up a small portion of all the ARs that exist now in the states.

Cast AR lowers aren't a thing that exist anymore at least in the last decade or so. You can easily get a stripped lower (forged/cnc finished) for 70 bucks on sale.

Puresilver I'm not saying that Zamak is the best option out there for fit and finish or that its all we should ask manufacturers for just that with the right QC it is a viable material for serious use and dealing with stresses far higher than propane at 30c so why WE biohazard m9s exploded baffles me

The hipont mag thing is more about when they were designed than anything else from what I remember when pretty much everyone is limited to 10 rounds (94-2004 federal AWB) other than cops and mil who wouldn't be buying a Hipoint anyway why bother building anything more complicated than a single stack mag?

They could redesign it for larger capacity but honestly looking at the states they sell the most in (Cali Ma and NY for the carbines as their featureless for the purpose of the bans) all of them have capacity limits at or around the magazine size so what's the point when dealing with a gun designed for plinking and as a last resort HD option. If I was skint and living in a area 125$ for a HiPoint carbine for HD or a pistol to throw in the glove box wouldnt be a bad option if I could scrape together say 300 id be looking for a police trade in glock or a surplus hi-power but for their niche they're a great option

We Airsoft Europe are a distributor of WE products .

Nuprol is WEAE's own product line separate of WE . I've no idea who OEMs for Nuprol aegs as i've not seen one in person yet but I suspect Cyme or JG etc

WEAE seems to be moving away from WE and more into their own stuff as has been shown the last couple of years when they launched their own gas and then batteries etc  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I got to play with these at A2 today and have a chat with nuprol again. The build quality is amazing there's no rattle or wobble. The entry level ones are nearly all plastic but are very solid. The arak rifles are really nice if a tad long. The freedom fighters are interesting but not my cup of tea. Again at the price they are phenomenal I shall try and do a video of them soon if possible.

Did find one of these at a large stand WE/Nuprol had setup at Blue Fox 2 over the weekend.  Have to say that in terms of the controls at least everything was top-tier, selectors felt like a quality-built real AR (close-as anyway), the cocking handle can be locked in either the folded or extended position and locks the fake bolt plate to the rear nicely with the bolt catch releasing it, stock seemed a really good fit on the buffer tube.  The mag catch button was sitting at a funny angle which was weird and the trades made me cry inside as did the look of the flash hider, obviously can't comment on the shooting or internals.  General external build.. yeah, airsoft, seemed fine.  Neglected to ask about price, as long as it's not as much as a Krytac I'd say - Not bad overall.

Archived