I have finished my Limcat Custom Hi-capa 5.1

Hi All. :)
Well yesterday i got to do a bit of shooting at home, so i tested the limcat custom and sighted it in etc..

Now most of you know me for being honest so this will not change on this gun either. while i am happy with the results, i was also a little disappointed but i was expecting it to be this way anyway.

My limcat custom build gun performed well, well enough for me to be more then happy with it thats for sure. :)
BUT it does not perform as good as my TM hi-capa gold match, but like i said even before the build started i kind of knew that was going to be the case anyway but still did not stop me being a little disappointed,but im well fussy, too fussy, lol.. My TM gold match is a tiny bit more accurate and i mean a tiny bit, we are talking millimeters in accuracy difference, i should actually say more consistently accurate but the gold match being mostly plastic with a very fast but pretty light recoil (compared to this beast lol) i was expecting it to be like i say..

But here are some results for my limcat custom gun.

So i started by just shooting the gun with no hop-up or sight adjustment, hop was set to around 80% and i kept the hop on 80% during these tests..

Top 3 targets, all semi rested 14 shots, at 6 yards, just seeing where the guns POI is..
Pretty tight grouping all at around 1'' or under..
So i then adjusted the sights a bit, Bottom 3 targets, all semi rested 7 shots, at 6 yards, all but 1 target 1'' groupings, the far right target, i had the best grouping at 3/4'' but had 1 flier BB with im not counting as im pretty sure it was me not the gun, who knows though right..

Then just for fun, last target standing free hand, full mag 30 shots, 1 second between each shot 1.2'' not to bad bit to the right though but once again im sure that was me as the last 3 rested targets are more central.. (need to do more testing)

DSCN2425.jpg

DSCN2427_1.jpg

This was just a quick test really but Im happy enough with these results, i was getting around 40-50 shots per mag gas fill, and was getting around 310-320fps. chrono video to come, lol the recoil is pretty impressive, its the hardest kicking airsoft ive had thats for sure, now some will say to much recoil is a bad thing, but on this airsoft gun i wanted strong recoil even if i did lose a tiny bit of accuracy consistency because if it. I wanted this to be a fun gun and it definitely is that.

I also made a little tool to help remove the guide rod plug, but ill do a video video on that to show you, its pretty cool lol..

I look forward to taking the gun to gun club tuesday to do a bit more tweaking/testing and sighting in etc..

Happy Shooting All..
ATB, Marc..

HI jv83, thank you very much, this was my first TM based total custom build, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The shooting distance was only 6 yards, but once I have done a few more tests, hop up adjustments maybe even try a different hop up rubber or two, and my preferred BB's when they arrive, I will take it to gun club and shoot it at longer ranges. :)

Yeah I will definitely go for steel internals and hammer at a later date, but I want to wear out the stock internals first, I'm very interested to see how long the standard internals last..

I must admit already with the ADEPOT cnc adjustable trigger, the trigger pull is the nicest I have ever felt on an airsoft pistol, it makes the standard TM Hi-Capa's trigger pull feel rubbish to be honest lol.

ATB Marc

Hi All..

After an hour upstairs having a little shoot with the limcat custom and giving it a little tweak i have now got it firing perfectly how i would like it. :)

I spent 30 minutes just shooting the gun how i left it last time, just to get the feel of the gun again and to give the hop-up rubber a bit more use, then i adjusted the hop from 80% (how i had it last time) to 95%, sighted in the gun/POI much better, then got on with some proper target tests, showing you my final results, My 0.30g kingdom airsoft BB's come today too which i was happy about as i knew i would get very slightly better results with them. I have got it just as accurate as the Gold Match now, so im more then happy with that..

DSCN2437.jpg

DSCN2439.jpg

6 yards, semi rested, 8 shots with geoffs 0.36g, just under 1'' grouping, nicely in the center.. Then 6 yards semi rested 8 shots with the kingdom airsoft 0.30g BB's just under 1'' again but slightly smaller and tighter groupings, (3 in the bull).. Then just for fun, 1 shot at the bullseye with the preferred BB's, and it was a HIT.

Im very happy with the results, and thats it for this gun now for 2 weeks now, then ill treat it to a rear fiber optic sight panel. Then a few weeks later the UAC ultra light blowback unit and enhanced piston head. :) It now just time to enjoy the gun.

Happy Shooting All..
ATB, Marc..