LCT "Teaser"

Gunmane

Just saw this on a reddit post (originally from the LCT facebook page).  Naturally skeptical on some things besides the rpd (which is beyond my wallet anyways alongside the familiar gpmg to the left), but they sure are not helping quash my "rifle with big magazine" fixation.

TW9GzA9hsiiWQMcvsdwcXrYKUzMYG2S5Q4RcIl6I

Did anyone ever actually make steel G3 derivative AEGs on a large scale?  Pretty sure the last (half decent) metal ones to be made in large numbers were CA and.. that was it.  That was quite a number of years ago now.

I'd prefer a 33, 53 or 93 I'll be honest; but those do look just like the real receiver blanks in the way HK stamps them, so if they're doing that it would be very cool.

Edit - Also enjoying the way that AK has a super-duper lightweight plastic stock with the fattest, heaviest, most badly designed looking forend ever partnered with one of the heaviest, least effective night vision devices around.

Did anyone ever actually make steel G3 derivative AEGs on a large scale?  Pretty sure the last (half decent) metal ones to be made in large numbers were CA and.. that was it.  That was quite a number of years ago now.

I'd prefer a 33, 53 or 93 I'll be honest; but those do look just like the real receiver blanks in the way HK stamps them, so if they're doing that it would be very cool.

Edit - Also enjoying the way that AK has a super-duper lightweight plastic stock with the fattest, heaviest, most badly designed looking forend ever partnered with one of the heaviest, least effective night vision devices around.

Yup there is only the CA... I am pretty sure that JG are plastic?

Thing with the CA is depending how picky you are, the receiver is jet black - not that cool G3 grey. Guarder I think make the best metal body, there is also the G&G which looks ok, to be fair.

Great to see LCT branching out from just AK's though.

Yes a gbbr would be cool but lets wait and see..

edit: I swear guarder did make a G3 MBK, for some reason I think I saw it on dentrinity back in the day, but after a bit of googling I can't find it, so maybe I just made that up, apologies. 

Guarder did however make a steel front sight unit, flash hider. "Armoured Gallery" made a steel outer barrel, and I recall some company making a very reinforced cocking tube which was steel too, I think. 

http://www.wgcshop.com/products?search_From=special&item=lct-rpd-aeg&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=&view_choice=b

I've been waiting what feel like forever for an MP5 that ticks all the boxes.  The VFC is close because it's got great externals and proper trades but then you know ICSs with the fancy gearboxes and MOSFET will just shoot way better, especially up close.  If LCT can make these look really good and shoot fast in semi with quality GBs that'd be ideal. If they're just like the VFC.. not sure.

I find that an odd question I'll be honest, they work and do the exact same thing in airsoft, so it literally is all about the looks.  If anything I find the boxy-ness of the UMP just 'feels' less pleasant to hold and shoot.  The airsoft ones are almost all in .45 as well, which means the mags are pretty bloody big and a lot less practical to carry than MP5 9mm mags imho.

Well, not really.  I only bring it up as I recently watched the comparison video of the VFC MP5 and VFC UMP9 GBBs.

With that comparison, reasons to go with a UMP (some obviously VFC GBB specific)

- Weight.  1.4KG for the UMP vs 3KG for the MP5 (SD3)

- Hop up adjust.  Utter pain on the MP5.

- Rails for tacticool stuff on the UMP.

- Controls, bolt catch e.t.c. on the UMP

- Gas efficiency better on larger UMP mags.

- 2 round burst on UMP.

See why I ask.  But yeah, I get you on the boxyness and massive mags.

Archived