RWA new knighthawk GRP

icolater

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Blow_Back_Pistols_RWA_RWA_Nighthawk_Customer_GRP_Stainless_Steel_Limited_Edition.htm

Hey dudes hope your having a fantastic day. The new RWA GRP all steel including innards, still has wrong hammer and no proper frame cut, but it looks great. It cost $1600 the same as the RA trp but the RA has forged frame and slide and correct controls type etc so I'm going with the RA as initial reports are really really good. But might get this as well.

Thoughts??

post-66832-0-89299500-1477399647_thumb.jpeg

Well, I have the black GRP Recon and it's a very nice pistol for the money if you're looking for a steel 1911. Super tight tolerances and a very good finishing.

If the stainless one is built like that (I'm assuming that) plus the extra stainless parts, it's worth it, even with MIM slide stop/safety.

This is basically the same gun as the black GRP released a while ago but with a steel inner frame and a few more steel parts like bbu and hop housing.

The RA trp has the newer advanced inner rail system that nova, fpr, mafioso and pac use so inner frame. I prefer this method.

Agree on that, wouldn't buy another 1911/kit with the outdated sub frame design, too. The RA-T and Mafioso offerings are tempting but I prefer it black and railed..a classic style 1911 maybe later (hopes for a stainless Colt Delta Elite here).

Too bad that the Papago Railguns are so expensive..

Next option could be the upcoming EMG SAI steel 1911/Hi Capas, my guess is they will priced similar like RWA and RA-T.

I can't say now for sure, but you could be lucky with the delta but not a stainless one. Also the Papago stuff is so so nice, I'm going to get one next year for sure. Mafioso has a Kimber compact coming early next year that will be great. For the price you can't beat mafioso. The stainless ii is a great gun to shoot.

A classic 1911 would be for collecting only, non Co2 ideally. Why not in stainless steel?

Yeah, the Papago guns are looking really top-notch and I've heard rumors of an 4" railgun..maybe one day..

Hard to beat a full stainless gun for under 1k but..no rail, did you read any first hand reviews from the Mafioso Kimber in the meanwhile? Didn't see anything, yet.

I have one and it's a special gun. I replaced a few parts with nova parts as some of the supplied parts are a bit off spec, which is a bit odd and the finish is a bit shiney and needs a Cerakote job IMO. But the tolerance between slide and frame is the best I have seen and the performance on co2 is just amazing.

Ironically, the good people of places like Cuba, Puerto Rico (I know, they're US territory), Mexico have one of the kindest and optimistic communities, and are open to people of all cultures. But the bad people, are some of the most ruthless I've ever met. When I lived in the bad parts of my city, the black and white drug dealers didn't deal with you unless they knew you or knew somebody you knew. The spanish ones would get to know you as a friend, and then, after awhile they try to pushed drugs on you and your family like wolves. They were normal, kind people on the outside but complete sociopaths on the inside. One spanish lady befriended this young girl, who never lived in the city, much less an "up and coming" neighborhood. Her boyfriend got her hooked on heroin. Then when she had no money left to give them, the boyfriend robbed that girl's house and raped her. He got out a two years later on good behavior.

There are bad people everywhere, but some are just better at it than others.

Edit: I know it's off topic, but had to let that one out, sorry.

Bit off topic but would guys be interested in cheaper steel kits with emphasis more on "skirmishable" over details?

I've been making a 3d model of a tm based 1911 for while now and first working parts have been prototyped.

Meanwhile I've been negotiating with Chinese CNC shops if they could make steel kits from those plans.

Tolerance is 0.1mm but my model is more off than that. However, it does function and looks the part.

If mass-produced these will easily be comparable to regular alu-kits in price. Three parts, slide, frame, outer barrel.

Also, once fully tested I will release the files/model for everyone to make their own variants. For FREE.

Call me interested. 0.1mm tolerance would be totally fine for overall dimensions and such as long as TM spec parts fit without major modifications.

Is the model you're working on a classic style or a railed type 1911? Carbon- or stainless steel for the first run?

My initial plan was to use softer steel and heat treatment to reinforce it a bit.

Many have advised against that.

Im between carbon and stainless steel. At the numbers I'd be making stainless is most likely the best option.

One important upgrade is to make the slide a bit lighter by reducing material where it's not needed.

First model will a simplified M1911. All tm compatible. Sold as a kit or a full gun with most likely KJW internals.

Hi-capa variant will be aviable too and non-railed long hybrid. Also a rather wild looking custom will be made.

That all sounds very interesting actually..I would prefer a railed frame kit only (with or without outer barrel), ideally with advanced frame/parts and Mafioso style Co2 cut.

I guess this needs it's own topic now..

To be back on topic, does anyone noticed the new CNC Co2 mag that comes with the stainless GRP and it's different angle for the Co2 bulb?

Archived