CLONE of Mario M870

chas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received mine at the office this morning. No time to try it out until next week though.

Standard Jing Gong/Golden Eagle box, no picture on it, but it says "Electric Airsoft Gun" on it. LOL. Hard black foam inside, gun, cleaning rod, gas tank and 1 shell. Manual, too.

The gun seems pretty sturdy. Although there is a fine gap between the two stock shells, not too bad, but it stands out in a gun as slick as this one. Matte black finish, not super realistic, but it'll do.

Exteriorwise, it seems like a full Marui clone: the forearm only racks back half-travel when pumping the gun.

I ordered it from http://cop9gun.com/prshop/en/other-airsoft-series/1178-golden-eagle-m870-gas-powered-shotgun.html as shipping to Spain was so much cheaper. The package came in rather quickly, too, given the fact that it spent 3 days at customs. I can only recommend this shop.

Received mine at the office this morning. No time to try it out until next week though.

Standard Jing Gong/Golden Eagle box, no picture on it, but it says "Electric Airsoft Gun" on it. LOL. Hard black foam inside, gun, cleaning rod, gas tank and 1 shell. Manual, too.

The gun seems pretty sturdy. Although there is a fine gap between the two stock shells, not too bad, but it stands out in a gun as slick as this one. Matte black finish, not super realistic, but it'll do.

Exteriorwise, it seems like a full Marui clone: the forearm only racks back half-travel when pumping the gun.

I ordered it from http://cop9gun.com/prshop/en/other-airsoft-series/1178-golden-eagle-m870-gas-powered-shotgun.html as shipping to Spain was so much cheaper. The package came in rather quickly, too, given the fact that it spent 3 days at customs. I can only recommend this shop.

The charging arm handle and the shell tube already has some scratches from pumping the gun. Oh well.

The shell flies out when you press the lever to open the door quickly. I think that is pretty cool.

Included shell fails to feed properly, but the ones I got with different brands of trishot clones feed just fine.

Gas reservoir has a semi-silent valve and does not leak.

Have not been able to shoot at open range to determine distance, but at 12 meters BBs fly straight with no drop seemingly.

Power seem fair, Too.

So far so good.

I thought about this, too.

But it's: 30$ for the gas tank, 50$ for the grip assembly and I can't find a spare breacher forearm, so i'm gonna say 25$. Plus the base gun = 205$.

If this takes of, hopefully Golden Eagle/JG will make a Breacher.

Alright, I havent taken the gun to a field, just shot out from my house and it shoots great.

Cant give exact range, but pretty much as far as my 330 fps MP5s.

Spread is nice, in the sense that you want the BBs to flare out after 10-15 meters to be able to hit targets by covering a greater area. The spread in 3 shot mode is bigger than in 6 shot.

Using 0.20g BBs it overhops significantly after about 10-12 meters. With 0.25g BBs you get a bit of overhop after 25-30 meters. So I recomend using 0.25 for woodland and 0.20 for CQB, where the distances dont give the BBs time to start climbing.

The metal side shell holder from my PPS M870 fits perfectly,BTW.

I'm thinking about buying a used TM M870 as parts because my M870 is broken at the inner plastic shell next the locking-arms. Now with this option I can buy a new gun for parts, great.

The gas thank is not an option for me because the aluminium gastanks not to expensive - Tonic Airsoft and IronAirsoft tanks are good after you replaced the o-ring in them.

I hope that the M4-stock conversation and the other inner parts will come from chinese too. Now I'm really thinking about buying WiiTech parts for my gun but they are not really cheap. :(

Well, that's it. This seals the deal. I'm bying one.

I will be making a M4 stock adapter for it but it will be 3d printed and mostly meant for HPA setup as I will run it with an airstock.

I can add the adapter to my Sculpteo and Shapeways stores so everyone can get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it arrived.

Fully compatible marui clone. Inside and outside. Stupidly over-comlicated and the "gearbox" shell is plastic but other than that, a good gun, like the TM, but half the price.

Im not sure if TM has "dual hopup" in theirs. This has two nubs on it for when fired in 6-shot mode. I removed the mode in mine for the time being but may try it when i HPA tap mine to see if i can get some range for all 6.
Another difference i noticed was a ~1mm metal rod in the middle of the nozzle-trio. Springer tri-shots have been known to die when a BB gets stuck in the middle of the nozzles... An improvement!

Next in line is a 3d modeling the stock-adapter and then on to the internals. Adjustable hopup and maybe some steel-printed moving parts.

Archived